Windows 10: Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key.......

Discus and support Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key....... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, i built my pc years ago. Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key....... so i can reinstall fresh and start over. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CMH46, Apr 10, 2020.

1. CMH46 Win User

Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key.......

Hi, i built my pc years ago. Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key....... so i can reinstall fresh and start over. I cant find my retail box but the OS is registered and activated to me.

How can i find this within my pc?

:)

CMH46, Apr 10, 2020
  2. kjl1956 Win User

upgrade from win10 home to pro using a win8 product key

Is this possible ?

Win7 home on an OEM pc.

I have a win 8 pro ( not 8.1 upgrade retail product key.

If I upgrade win7 hp to win10 home,

can I use the win8 pro retail key to upgrade win10 to pro

edition ?

kjl1956, Apr 10, 2020
  3. kjl1956 Win User
    upgrade from win10 home to pro using a win8 product key

I understand the upgrade path from retail or OEM .

What I want to do is use the free upgrade from win7 home

OEM licenses to windows 10 home licenses first.

Then upgrade the windows 10 home OEM version to windows 10

pro version; with the last step to win8.0 pro retail key

On the last step above, will the licenses stay on a OEM licenses or change to retail key ????

or is this not even achievable unless I do the install buy media, usb or dvd.

If that is the case than doing the same method from win7 to win8.0 pro would be a more direct route; but the issue is still if I can upgrade win 7 home OEM to win 8.0 pro with a retail

key??????

If that is the case neither route will get the end results win7 home to win 10 pro; unless at one time I do the upgrade with media, usb or dvd, wiping what ever previous operating system was installed before that one.

Win7 home to win10 home or win8.0 pro; then upgrade to win10 pro with a mix of OEM and retail keys.

Thanks

kjl1956, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Mike78T Win User

Win10 Pro Product Key

I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This is not correct. It is, and always had been, a valid and activated installation of Win10 Pro.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

Mike78T, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Win7 Pro Retail upgraded free to Win10 Pro need my product key....... - Similar Threads - Win7 Pro Retail

2. HELP! Need proof of purchase Product Key, Win10 Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Need proof of purchase Product Key, Win10 Pro Upgrade: I lost my upgrade Product Key Home to Pro when system crashed and had to re-install the original OS from Dell. I do have the $100 receipt from MS Store for the upgrade last Sept but it doesn't provide the PK....
  3. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  4. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  5. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Product key for win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key for win10 Pro: How can I get a product key for Win 10 Pro? I upgraded from Home edition online at Start menu and paid the $99 fee.At first I got an error code 0x80070005. I rebooted and according to "System/About" I have Win 10 Enterprise but I can't activate without either a product key or...
  7. Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?: I have a PC that started at Win7 home OEM. It was free upgraded to Win10 home. I purchased a win10 pro retail key. If I use the key, will I end up with a Win10 pro retail? There are benefits to having retail versions....
  8. free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro

free upgrade to win10 from oem win7 pro: i have another laptop with pre-installed of win7 pro. its oem license and activated. i can download win10 media creation tools from microsoft website and installed it into that laptop and that win10 shows it is activated. my question is do i need to purchase license for win10...
  9. check legality of the retail product key of Win10 Pro

check legality of the retail product key of Win10 Pro: Please I need to check legality of the retail product key of Win10 Pro [removed] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-legality-of-the-retail-product-key-of-win10/00bbe6b3-de1e-4f42-9f9d-fc2d59be5d40"
  10. Win10 Pro Product Key

Win10 Pro Product Key: I upgraded from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro a few years ago. I am now receiving a message in Settings saying that my product key is for Win 10 Home. This is not correct. It is, and always had been, a valid and activated installation of Win10 Pro. Why is this happening?...