Windows 10: Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD

Discus and support Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, Team, I have HDD failing with my Win 7 Pro. Downloaded and installed Win 10 Pro on new HDD. How to activate new Win 10 Pro or move Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Kotermak, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Kotermak Win User

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD

Hello, Team,

I have HDD failing with my Win 7 Pro.

Downloaded and installed Win 10 Pro on new HDD. How to activate new Win 10 Pro or move Windows activation to new HD?

Thanks.

:)

Kotermak, Nov 29, 2018

2. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

Updated 4 Dell machines from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 and one from Win. 8.1 Pro to Win 10. All 5 only updated to windows 10 Home instead of Pro. Should they not have been automatically updated to Windows 10 Pro? If so, what's the fix.

BobDressler, Nov 29, 2018
  3. BSODs in WIN 10, Pro

Where did you purchase the "OEM version of Win7 Pro?"

When did you do the clean install of Win7 Pro on the 2 TB HDD?

Have you Activate (Validated; Authenticated) the clean install of Win7 Pro?

Is the Win7 partition fully-patched at Windows Update?

Sounds like you need to format the drive where Win10 resides and then do a clean install of same using a new disk you've created from the "MS Win 10 web site,"
    not a backup or clone.

FYI:

Tip: You'd be better off posting about installing & dual-booting Win10 in this forum =>

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install

PA Bear - MS MVP, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD

Cant get Win 10 to upgrade to Pro after HD failure

Hi Christopher,

You can upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro by using Windows 10 Pro digital license or product key. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Did your device came with Windows 8 pre-installed?
    • What is the make and model of your Windows device?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps given on this article to

upgrade your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

In case that you'll experience an activation issue, we recommend that you follow the steps on this article:

Using the Activation troubleshooter
    . Choose the method that fits to your situation.

We will look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD

1. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD - Similar Threads - Win7 Pro Pro

2. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  3. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  4. HD movie maker pro not able to install in win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HD movie maker pro not able to install in win 10: i purchased HD MOVIE MAKER PRO, it is not installing in my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hd-movie-maker-pro-not-able-to-install-in-win-10/74a45006-d968-4244-b7a3-5f9d95b1adab
  5. Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win7 OEM to 10 Pro OEM: I currently have windows 7 professional OEM on a build. Is it possible to do a clean install on the system with with the same motherboard with new SSD? Or will I run into activation issues? submitted by /u/K3N5T3R [link] [comments]...
  6. win 7 pro win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 7 pro win 10 pro: how do I upgrade from win 7 to win 10? I have product key for 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-pro-win-10-pro/931e1125-6737-4bec-821b-26fd3cc64bac
  7. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck: Hi - Trying to update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - using a full retail USB version of Win 10. Follow the instructions to boot from USB - typed in the Windows Key supplied - Chose the Upgrade keeping exisiting files option. Then get a message stating that update cannot be...
  8. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    networking a win 10 home to win7 pro: "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-a-win-10-home-to-win7-pro/515d64ae-2e9c-48f9-b0bd-b53a264633dd
  9. Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 pro no longer recognizes external backup HD: Win 10 no longer recognizes the external 2TB Fantom Drive for backup. 1. Uninstalled the drive using device manager. Cold booted. 2. Plugged in the HD (external power and 3.0 USB connection) 3. Does it's set up thing. Then there is a ! on the USB attached SCSI Mass...
  10. Win7 Ultimate and Win 8 Pro Disks?

Win7 Ultimate and Win 8 Pro Disks?: I have 2 Retail disks and one PC. Normally run Win7 and Win8 Pro on separate SSD's Win7 is ran like 99.9% of the time .*Think From what I read, you can use these CD's on other systems if my motherboard goes bad or I build another system If I upgrade to Win10 from...