Windows 10: Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

Discus and support Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - Trying to update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - using a full retail USB version of Win 10. Follow the instructions to boot from USB - typed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianCox4B, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

Hi - Trying to update Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - using a full retail USB version of Win 10. Follow the instructions to boot from USB - typed in the Windows Key supplied - Chose the Upgrade keeping exisiting files option. Then get a message stating that update cannot be actioned using a boot from Windows media (the media supplied with the retail version of Win10 on it) It then adds remove the media and start Windows (7) normally, then use Windows Update. Followed these instructions but nothing happens. So still on Windows 7 and stuck - any ideas?

:)

BrianCox4B, Dec 17, 2019
  2. RobCoxXA Win User

Win 10 Pro upgrade using Win 8 Pro product key

I just bought a new computer running Win 10 Home. When I went to upgrade to Win 10 Pro using my Win 8 Pro product key from my old computer, the upgrade wouldn't activate.

Now I'm stuck with a bunch of error messages (mainly 0xC004C003) and am being told windows isn't activated. I can't seem to get my activated Win 10 Home back.

I don't have a product key for the Win 10 Home because it came pre-installed. There's no product code recorded on the packaging or labelling on the device.

So:

How do I either

• activate the Win Pro upgrade, or
    • Get my activated Win 10 home back?

RobCoxXA, Dec 17, 2019
  3. yimitz Win User
    Upgrading WAU'ed Win7 Pro System

I'm working on my plan to move to Windows 10 on the machine listed in my system specs by going through the upgrade process and then doing a clean install sometime later.

My question: This PC came with Win7 Home Premium x64, and a couple of years back I upgraded it to Pro using a Windows Anytime Upgrade key. Will the upgrade process leave me with Win 10 Pro, or something less? I would imagine I'll wind up with Pro but you know what they say about "assume." *Wink

yimitz, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

Updated 4 Dell machines from Win7 Pro to Windows 10 and one from Win. 8.1 Pro to Win 10. All 5 only updated to windows 10 Home instead of Pro. Should they not have been automatically updated to Windows 10 Pro? If so, what's the fix.

BobDressler, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck

1. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro Upgrade stuck - Similar Threads - Win7 Pro Pro

2. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  3. Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro 64bit to Win 10 Home: 1.I have Win 7 Pro 64bit installed on this computer. I have a genuine product code.2.I wish to upgrade to Win 10 , preferrably without having to reload programs, email provider or Firefox. Is this still a free service? How do I do this?3.I wish to connect the upgraded...
  4. Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro fails: Hi,I have a Dell Precision T3600 workstation running Win7 Pro. I bought a copy of Win10 Professional from the Microsoft store. But the update fails with error code: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017I have removed unnecessary software. I have checked that all my drivers are up to date in...
  5. Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Win Pro then stuck at Win Enterprise: I went to the Microsoft Store to purchase an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro then suddenly it got an error and got me stuck at Windows 10 Enterprise with no activation key.I'm using the preinstalled version of Windows on a laptop. Also, I made sure to link Windows activation to my...
  6. upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I have several times tried to upgrade my desktop dual boot Win XP and Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro using the downloaded ISO file, and keep my personal files and apps. It runs about 36 hours then fails. How can I make this upgrade? If not using the ISO file is there another...
  7. Stuck in a Windows 10 de-activation/re-activation loop. OEM Win7 pro to Win 10 pro upgrade....

Stuck in a Windows 10 de-activation/re-activation loop. OEM Win7 pro to Win 10 pro upgrade....: Hi. Of late my PC has become stuck in a Windows 10 de-activation/re-activation loop. OEM Win7 pro to Win 10 pro upgrade. No hardware changes. Toast message has started telling me that Win 10 is not activated. Launch settings/update and security/activation: Windows is not...
  8. Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD

Win7 Pro to Win 10 Pro bag HD: Hello, Team, I have HDD failing with my Win 7 Pro. Downloaded and installed Win 10 Pro on new HDD. How to activate new Win 10 Pro or move Windows activation to new HD? Thanks....
  9. Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade to Win 10 Pro from a Microsoft certified seller. The problem I'm having is the upgrade keeps hanging up around 80% install. I'm running an MSI motherboard MSI Z975SSLI Krait Edition (MS 7922) 64 bit Intel core i5-4690 3.5 Ghz 38 GB memory. Can...
  10. networking a win 10 home to win7 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    networking a win 10 home to win7 pro: "You bo not have permission to access" when I try to open a floder on the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-a-win-10-home-to-win7-pro/515d64ae-2e9c-48f9-b0bd-b53a264633dd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win7 up to win 10