Windows 10: Win7 Start Menu: Why are text files dragged there not shortcuts?

Discus and support Win7 Start Menu: Why are text files dragged there not shortcuts? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I thought that when I dragged a file to the Start Menu it was essentially a shortcut. By Start Menu location I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bob Is Interested, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Win7 Start Menu: Why are text files dragged there not shortcuts?

I thought that when I dragged a file to the Start Menu it was essentially a shortcut. By Start Menu location I mean:C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsThis is the "back side" of the Start Menu.Then I discovered that it was growing in size. Since when does a shortcut change size? When its an actual file. So I then realized I'd been backing up files on D drive when all my work was actually being done on C drive which I don't backup because I keep no personal files on there. So how does one drag a text file to the Start Menu as a shortcut? Of course I could cre

:)

Bob Is Interested, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Win7 Start Menu: Why are text files dragged there not shortcuts?

1. Win7 Start Menu: Why are text files dragged there not shortcuts? - Similar Threads - Win7 Start Menu

2. Win7 Start Menu: Why are text files dragged there not shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 Start Menu: Why are text files dragged there not shortcuts?: I thought that when I dragged a file to the Start Menu it was essentially a shortcut. By Start Menu location I mean:C:\Users\ME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ProgramsThis is the "back side" of the Start Menu.Then I discovered that it was growing in size. Since...
  3. Files or shortcut delete when dragged

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files or shortcut delete when dragged: Whenever I drag a file, folder or application saved in desktop or library, it is automatically sent to the recycle bin, I would like to ask if this a system-specific error or just a general changeable windows 10 error....
  4. Why aren't Windows Start Menu Shortcuts Consistent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why aren't Windows Start Menu Shortcuts Consistent?: <p>On the Start Menu, I have many Microsoft Applications.&nbsp; However, some say "Microsoft App Name" while other say "App Name."&nbsp; Check out the image below:</p><p></p><p><a...
  5. Start Menu Text

Start Menu Text: How do I restore the text in my Start menu when it disappeared after an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-text/e070086c-126a-44c1-9fea-35a67ac46e7f
  6. Start Menu text is Black

in Cortana
    Start Menu text is Black: Hey y'all, To give a bit of background, I had to clone and replace my SSD due to an issue with the SATA connector. I had no issues with the search/start menu before this. Whether I have the theme in Light or Dark Mode, when I search something on Cortana it looks like this:...
  7. Trying to drag a shortcut to a batch file onto my start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to drag a shortcut to a batch file onto my start menu: I wanted to drag a shortcut to a batch file onto the tiled area of my start menu but I'm just getting a no-go/banned symbol. How do I overcome this? Thanks. [img] 115452
  8. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...
  9. Grey text on start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Grey text on start menu?: After latest cumulative update I notice loads of my start menu entries are written in grey. Most are white but there are quite a few in grey. They still seem to launch ok but this is very odd. Rebooting seems to return many of the text entries to white but then slowly more...
  10. Can't drag shortcuts from the start menu to the desktop anymore...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag shortcuts from the start menu to the desktop anymore...: Since recently, I can't drag en drop icons from my start menu to my desktop anymore... When I click the icon and drag it to the desktop, I see it on the desktop, with the overlay that a shortcut will be created there, but when I release the mouse button, the round waiting...