Windows 10: Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot

Discus and support Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, my desktop that was running windows 7 recently died due to CPU overheating so I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram. I put together new parts and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Damiena2, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Damiena2 Win User

Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot

Hi all, my desktop that was running windows 7 recently died due to CPU overheating so I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram. I put together new parts and it posts fine but says no boot drive detected and so won’t load windows 7. Is there any way I can trick it into launching windows 7 so that I can properly upgrade without wiping my drive with a new install of windows 10?? FYI I do not have a dvd drive. Thanks

:)

Damiena2, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Coxwain Win User

WIN10 /WIN7 Dual boot, WIN7 forced to upgrade to win10, now I can only boot to Primary WIN10 drive

I have a WIN10 install on a 256 SSD (DRIVE 2)

and had a win7 install on a 1tb WD Black HD (DRIVE 5)

My primary boot was WIN10 (D2) and always had the option of picking wich drive to boot to on start up.

I was recently forced to upgrade my WIN7 (D5) to WIN 10. It completed the update and I was using the opperating system on my 1 tb HD and it was working fine. Then I shut off the computer and came back about 4 days later and I couldnt boot to my second
    win10 install. (there may have been an update to the win10 before I shut it down)

I went into boot up options and selected the 2nd win10(win7) Drive 5 as primary boot and it reverted back to the original win 10(drive 2) boot.

What is the best way to have a dual boot win10 system and how can I change my boot up options so that I can continue to choose the boot up drive?

WIthout a doubt the upgrade Win7 drive is still there and can be used, but there must be a boot settings that is preventing it from being accessed.

If i am not allowed to have a dual boot WIN10/Win10 machine, can I revert back to WIN7 on the upgraded drive?

Also, original WIN10 install was from a win8 upgrade, 2nd one is from a win7 upgrade, both fully registered versions of WINdows.

Much apprecaited

Coxwain, Nov 29, 2021
  3. JintoKL Win User
    Dual Boot Upgrade Q: Win7 and Win10 Preview

I currently have a dual boot with Win7 Pro and Win10 Preview. Now, as I understand, to keep both win7 and Win10, I need to purchase a new license for Win10 as the separate partition installation is not eligible for free upgrade program.

So, I'm planning to upgrade my Win7 itself. Does anyone try this? I'm not sure how it is going to work after the upgrade? Am I going to have Win10 (New, Release version) and Win10 Preview?

If thats the case, how can I remove the Win10 preview installation? It doesnt make any sense to have the Preview version if I have the Release version on the other boot

Thanks in advance..

JintoKL, Nov 29, 2021
  4. dkwong55 Win User

Win7 to Win10 upgrade issue ... 0xC1900101-0x30017 and then 0x40017

hi, Andre,

yes, i think my note did say that i already created the bootable ISO on a DVD and started the Win10 upgrade from there. i already contacted the vendor and he gave me a list of Win10 drivers, suggested the bootable ISO upgrade method but did not recommend
    a new BIOS update.

My PC is a ZOTAC CI320none with an Intel processor running a licensed Win7 Home Premium SP1.

dkwong55, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot - Similar Threads - Win7 win10 upgrade

2. Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot: Hi all, my desktop that was running windows 7 recently died due to CPU overheating so I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram. I put together new parts and it posts fine but says no boot drive detected and so won’t load windows 7. Is there any way I can trick it into launching...
  3. Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to win10 upgrade without boot: Hi all, my desktop that was running windows 7 recently died due to CPU overheating so I upgraded the mobo, cpu and ram. I put together new parts and it posts fine but says no boot drive detected and so won’t load windows 7. Is there any way I can trick it into launching...
  4. Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop

Upgrading from Win7 to Win10 - on a dual-boot laptop: This is probably an unfair question to ask in this forum. But given the depth of expertise, someone might have advice to offer! I have recently done successful clean installs and activations of Win 10 with the help of Shawn Brink's tutorials and advice from other forum...
  5. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  6. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  7. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  8. Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade

Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade: Just wondering if this can be done or would I be opening a can of worms. I recently did the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. All is fine. The Win7 was OEM and I have the 4 OEM disks that came with the PC. Is it possible now to reinstall Win7 on a new partition on my C drive, using...
  9. Win7 to Win10 upgrade without service pack 1

Win7 to Win10 upgrade without service pack 1: I'm trying to help my father upgrade his computer from win7 to win10, but service pack 1 in windows update keeps failing. I tried downloading and running the separate application for installing the service pack, but that fails as well. I even found another microsoft...
  10. Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?

Upgrade dual boot Win7/Win8 to Win10 (keep Win7)?: Hi, I have a dual boot set up - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on an SSD drive and Windows 8.1 on a second hard drive. I would like to upgrade Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and keep the Windows 7 OS in tact. Is this possible? Can I just go through the upgrade process from...