Windows 10: Win7 to Win10Pro fails

Discus and support Win7 to Win10Pro fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While updating, install fails after I believe the first reboot, with error.... 0x8007001F - 0x20006 The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scrufdog-56FD75CF-6F67-43, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Win7 to Win10Pro fails

While updating, install fails after I believe the first reboot, with error....

0x8007001F - 0x20006

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation

Any ideas?

:)

Scrufdog-56FD75CF-6F67-43, Mar 10, 2020
  2. PRG
    prg Win User

Can't (re)install HP LaserJets after Win7 -> Win10Pro update?

I upgraded several machines from Win7 to Win10Pro.

I've a number of old, workhorse HP LaserJet 4050n's that are ethernet connected.

The Win7 installs all had TCP/IP port access; worked great.

After the Win10 upgrades, there's no trace of the printer ...

As admin user, I'm attempting to install again as a 'new' printer, on driver check using "Windows Update", i find/select the correct HP 4050 driver.

It attempts, but fails, to install the driver. The only feedback is a dialog:

"Printer driver was not installed"

The driver's clearly there -- just not installable, for some unknown reason.

Any hints how to get the printers installed on Win10Pro?

3. GL-FL Win User
    Win10 (upgraded from win7) hard drive failed, Win10 upgrade no longer available... Now what?

Short and sweet

1) Upgraded dell desktop from Win7pro to Win10pro

2) Hard drive began to fail (click of death!)

3) Managed to grab my Win10 key from the failing HD (ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server)

4) Installed win7 from dell win7 cd

5) Win10 upgrade no longer available... um.....

What now?

Thanks for reading! E>

GL-FL, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Win7 to Win10Pro fails

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Win7 to Win10Pro fails

1. Win7 to Win10Pro fails - Similar Threads - Win7 Win10Pro fails

2. daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    daughter gifted me a win7 hp laptop that was upgraded to win10pro after wiping hard drive....: my daughter gifted her win7 hp laptop after she upgraded to win10pro and after she wiped the hard drive thinking she was going to donate the computer. now i can't activate win10pro after re- installing it...
  3. Win7 to Win10 inline upgrade is failing with CalculateRequiredDiskSpaceInstallReq2184:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 to Win10 inline upgrade is failing with CalculateRequiredDiskSpaceInstallReq2184:...: Hi, Win7 32bit pro to Win10 bit pro inline upgrade is failing - no antivirus running - no external devices attached - C drive has 77GB space available - Executed disk clean up - Executed disk defragment - Executed disk checkdisk /f - did the clean reboot The Win10...
  4. Win10Home and Win10Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10Home and Win10Pro: When I click on the link " Advanced display settings"at DISPLAY in Settings, I only get this top Screenshot 39.png but not that supposed Screenshot 7.pngbottom. I need to have this Screenshot 7.png because I can adjust bold text and a lot more things I want and absolutely it...
  5. Win10Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10Pro: I just bought from Discount Electronics a refurbished Dell PC with Windows 10 Pro. I can't use Advanced DISPLAY Settings because when I clicked on that link it doesn't show me anything to adjust the text and screen better, like the bold text , the brightness, the resolutions...
  6. win10pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10pro: 2B87N-8KFHP-DKV6R-Y2C8J-PKCKT this is my key for windows 10pro but now is not working why????????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro/bc2fc63b-d83e-4f3e-b5a3-09a114de1f3e
  7. Win7 to Win10 update fails with black screen

Win7 to Win10 update fails with black screen: I'm trying to update a win7 machine to win10. At a certain point the screen became black and nothing happen. The problem occurs when install is at "Cortana choice page", for a short time I can see a "Disconnecting" message and then the screen became black, still on but...
  8. win10pro upgrade

win10pro upgrade: I purchased .Windows 10pro Upgrade from Win home to Windows 10 pro . It Sowing "We don't update your PC Error code 0X0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10pro-upgrade/6fffd38d-7bca-48ee-a259-06ef49081498
  9. Can't (re)install HP LaserJets after Win7 -> Win10Pro update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't (re)install HP LaserJets after Win7 -> Win10Pro update?: I upgraded several machines from Win7 to Win10Pro. I've a number of old, workhorse HP LaserJet 4050n's that are ethernet connected. The Win7 installs all had TCP/IP port access; worked great. After the Win10 upgrades, there's no trace of the printer ... As admin user, I'm...
  10. Win7 to 10, installation fails, error 80070005

Win7 to 10, installation fails, error 80070005: Currently running win7 home premium. Received notice from MS that my reserved update for win 10 was ready. Clicked to install the update. Download of files runs to 100%. Thereafter installation starts and eventually terminates with the message that the update failed to...