Windows 10: win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

Discus and support win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by paascal, Oct 29, 2019.

1. paascal Win User

win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

hello,

after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable..

ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells me i need to install Windows Search 4.0 for Windows Vista x64 Edition (KB940157)

and i get the message in the attached image, any idea how to fix this??

thanks
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search [​IMG]

:)

paascal, Oct 29, 2019

2. After upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10, how do I fix "quick search capability" in Outlook 2010?

After upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10, how do I fix "quick search capability" in Outlook 2010? Outlook opens as administrator only. Within Outlook, when quick search is attempted, a box opens that states that "quick search is not available in admin mode (re-open
    without privileges)" but Outlook won't open in non administrator mode. It's just one extra click but one that I used all the time and was super convenient. How do I fix this issue?

Thanks,

ICR

PrivateInvestor, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the Search Index. The instant search feature appears to work within Outlook 2010, though. Is this by design in Windows 10? Or is there something broken on my system?

VelcroFace, Oct 29, 2019
  4. AceXII Win User

Outlook 2010 not returning full search results

I have a few users who have updated their Windows 10 PC. After the update, Outlook 2010 is not returning all of the search results.

I re-indexed all the computers and still it is not returning everything. Its not the Exchange Server either because we have an RDS server running Windows Server 2012 and the same version of Outlook and its working fine. Not to mention, we also have other Windows 10 users, who have not updated yet, that the search function still works.

I have also tried re-installing Outlook and that did not work either. Any suggestions???

AceXII, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

1. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search - Similar Threads - win7 >win10 outlook

2. Outlook 2010 search

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  3. Outlook 2010 search

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2010 search: I am using windows 10 latest update and Microsoft outlook 2010 The search has always worked fine for all email accounts but i had to redo my computer and reinstall Office. Now when i check all my accounts to search, next time i do a search or restart outlook only 1 is...
  4. Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC

Outlook 2010/Win7 account Transfer to Office 2019/Win10 PC: A friend of mine bought a new windows10 PC to replace the 8-year-old windows7 HP old Junker he had to keep up with the times. I am in charge of the task in backing up his old bomb and transferring his files and folders and 3 user accounts to the new Win10 PC. On his new PC it...
  5. win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search

in Windows 10 Support
    win7->win10 outlook 2010 will not search: hello, after upgrading from windows 7 to 10, it would seem like the search option doesnt work, ive rebuild the indexing file and search options still arent unavailable.. ive tried within outlook 2010 to upgrade to the latest vesion of search (in outlook options), it tells...
  6. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: Hello All, I have just installed outlook 2010 on a new computer but I only get the last 3 days of emails can I change this ? 137380
  7. Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Outlook 2010 settings from Win7 to Win10: Have moved pst files, templates, Outlook profile and exported customizations. Everything worked great except for my personal settings for Outlook! None of my personal settings i.e. layout settings, Outlook options, colors, fonts, etc were transferred. Am I missing...
  8. Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 quick search not working as it used to: Before the latest Windows 10 update, the quick search feature would start searching through emails (and displaying matches) as I typed into the quick search bar. Now the search does not start until I click on search or press enter. How do I revert back to the old quick search...
  9. Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010: My Outlook 2010 has developed a problem. Every time I load it after a few seconds it says Outlook has stopped working. I have uninstalled Office 2010 rebooted and reinstalled but it is still happening. Any help appreciated. 84659
  10. Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?

Are Outlook 2010 items included in search results?: Whenever I performed a "Search programs and files" in Windows 7, the results included items from my Outlook 2010 data (e.g. contacts, messages, tasks). However, those items don't turn up in the Windows 10 search results, even though my Outlook PST files are listed in the...