Windows 10: Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy

Discus and support Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm reluctantly starting the process of upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and I have a few concerns. How does Windows 10 Home edition currently handle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ColdChemical, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy

I'm reluctantly starting the process of upgrading from Win7 to Win10, and I have a few concerns.

How does Windows 10 Home edition currently handle installing updates? What are the recommended tools/techniques for enhancing privacy? Most of the information I've found online is outdated or contradictory.

1. Will Windows 10 ever reboot itself without confirmation?
    2. Can updates be paused indefinitely?
    3. If not, how long can they be delayed?
    4. Does the Pro edition make any difference (for updates and/or privacy)?
    5. What tweaks or third-party tools are currently recommended (for updates and/or privacy)?

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ColdChemical
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ColdChemical, Jan 25, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Win10 updates

Other than privacy issues, overall win10 is better that 8.1 metro crap

DeathtoGnomes, Jan 25, 2020
  4. tdming Win User

Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy

Upgrade to Win10 from Win7 desktop, windows update

I did the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 last week. It seemed to go fine but I have no desktop icons, no apps listed on the Start Menu, All Apps option, and Windows Update has been stuck at 2% downloading an update. I've run sfc /scannow and DISM through
    advanced command prompt with no change in behavior. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

tdming, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy

1. Win7 ---> Win10 Updates & Privacy - Similar Threads - Win7 Win10 Updates

2. updating win7 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    updating win7 home to win10 pro: Acer Aspire 5560 laptop.On my win10 desktop, I run MediaCreationTool22H2.exe to a clean 64Gb USB Data Key using all defaults and it makes it bootable. On the laptop, I boot with the USB drive inserted but I get a message saying it can't update this way. I must first boot into...
  3. updating win7 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    updating win7 home to win10 pro: Acer Aspire 5560 laptop.On my win10 desktop, I run MediaCreationTool22H2.exe to a clean 64Gb USB Data Key using all defaults and it makes it bootable. On the laptop, I boot with the USB drive inserted but I get a message saying it can't update this way. I must first boot into...
  4. updating win7 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  6. Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem updating from WIN7 to WIN10: I have a Dell computer from 2011. I'm trying to upgrade from WIN7 to WIN10.I got an error message when trying to run the MediaCreationTool21H2.exe. It says to reference the error code 0X80072F8F - 0X20000. Any suggestions would be appreciated....
  7. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  8. Direct update from Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Direct update from Win7 to Win10: I've just done upgrade to Windows10 over internet. It is automatically activated. What I have to do if I want to do a fresh installation of windows10? Which version should I download in using Media Creation tool? which key will work? Here is the screenshot of show key...
  9. Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Selective Win10 Updates (as in Win7): Hi Last time I checked Win10 it was only possible to postpone installing certain Win updates that W10 found, nothing more. Is it EVER going to be possible on W10 to do as in W7 ... namely install only the Win updates that the user wishes to install? If yes - how? Thank...
  10. update win7 to win10 10074 problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update win7 to win10 10074 problem: I can install the update it goes through all the motions, reboots, continues, asks for my permission, reboots again and looks as if it is actually installing win 10, then upon hitting 100% it reboots once more and reverts back to my original OS making it completely impossible...