Windows 10: Win8.1 to Win 10 recovery options

Discus and support Win8.1 to Win 10 recovery options in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had brought a new laptop with W8.1 Home and used the option to upgrade to W10 Home and the system has been running smoothly for an year now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nu2017, Apr 17, 2017.

1. nu2017 Win User

Win8.1 to Win 10 recovery options

Hello,

I had brought a new laptop with W8.1 Home and used the option to upgrade to W10 Home and the system has been running smoothly for an year now the system does not boot so I would like to understand what are the recovery options available. As i tried to recover using a recovery usb which i had prepared few months back but it fails with error code 0x400110020000100A. Any pointers would get me going.

Thanks in advance.

:)

nu2017, Apr 17, 2017

2. i want to downgrade from win 10 to win 8.1

hey i buyed hp lappy like 2 years ago..it comes with win8.1 genuine...so after 1 year i changed to win 10 i dont know that is genuine or not...so i want to downgrade to win 8.1 like my prev version...i have recovery discs of prvious win {win8.1}but
    i dont know whar to do now ?

gurjitmand, Apr 17, 2017
  3. Window 10 activation problem

I have a genuine window 10 which was upgrade from win 8.1 but virus problem I run recovery but after recovery I was in win 8.1 so I use my usb setup that was downloaded at the time of upgrading win8.1 to win 10, I installed a win 10 but now I am unable
    to activate win 10.I had pre installed window when I purchase so I don, t have any winfow key. Plz send me solution

vinod kumarmeena, Apr 17, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User
  5. nu2017 Win User
    thanks...any thoughts on the error 0x400110020000100A

nu2017, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win8.1 to Win 10 recovery options

1. Win8.1 to Win 10 recovery options - Similar Threads - Win8 recovery options

2. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10: Hello! so the other night I was on my pc, I installed some games I bought from cex on cd and went to bed. When I woke up the next day I turned on my pc to find that it won't boot, and the auto repair stuff isn't working. I run windows from an ssd however I used to run it from...
  3. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10: Hello! so the other night I was on my pc, I installed some games I bought from cex on cd and went to bed. When I woke up the next day I turned on my pc to find that it won't boot, and the auto repair stuff isn't working. I run windows from an ssd however I used to run it from...
  4. Pc won't boot and none of the recovery options work - WIN 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  6. Recovery options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  7. Recovery options in Windows 10

Recovery options in Windows 10: I have some entries in the menu when I go to System Recovery>Use a Device. There is an entry for Ubuntu, which I've installed Ubuntu on this PC before; and the only way I know to delete the partitions is to delete them in computer management so I'm thinking maybe the entry...
  8. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  9. Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features

in Windows 10 Support
    Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features: I've got a Dell Venue 11 Pro which I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 I'm was trying to change my Regional settings to be UK which worked fine, but when I wanted to change the Speech from English (US) to English (UK) it won't let me. It only shows English (US) in the drop down...
  10. Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hmm... Overall I think Win8(.1 update 1) is better than Win10.: "Reset This PC" Confusion Firstly it seems MS have gotten-rid of the 'Refresh This PC' terminology to describe the distinction between keeping files but keeping settings/apps intact, or removing both files and apps/settings (the old Reset This PC). After you make this first...