Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..

Discus and support Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just checked for updates in my Win8.1 instillation and I noticed this for the first time. [img] Looks like I'm all set and ready to get Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

I just checked for updates in my Win8.1 instillation and I noticed this for the first time.

Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. [​IMG]

Looks like I'm all set and ready to get Win10 upgrade.. anyone else get this yet??

Jeff

:)

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  2. PizzaMan79 Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade + Dual Boot

I've got two genuine Win8.1 installations on different partitions.

1. Win8.1 Home, OEM, came with laptop, user is hotmail account A.

2. Win8.1 Professional, retail, user is hotmail account B.

I reserved Win 10 on installation 1 and got a confirmation on hotmail account A

Installation 2 was a fresh Windows installation. The upgrade app didn't appear after i ran all the updates. Maybe i was too impatient, but i ran the batchfile from

here
    and got the Win 10 upgrade app to pop up. When i opened the upgrade app, it also said Windows 10 was reserved, but i never got a confirmation on hotmail account B.

Conclusion: the reservation seems to be tied to the computer accross different Windows installations and partitions

Question: how do i make sure the right OS/partition upgrades to Win10?

PizzaMan79, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Rakesh Narayanaswamy Win User
    Reserve WinX upgrade in Win8.1

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to download the Media Creation Tool (ISO file) and install Windows 10 when the system ready and fully updated.

Refer the below link to download ISO.

Get Windows 10

Download Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful, get back us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 17, 2015
  4. shipinomore10 Win User

Hi Jeff I have that on two of my machines.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Jun 17, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Cool.. I just noticed it today.. good to know that someone else is getting it as well.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  6. paulsalter Win User
    had that for a couple of weeks on my laptop, no sign of it yet on my tablet though

paulsalter, Jun 17, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    I've had that for awhile. I think it was right after I clicked on reserve Windows 10.

Winuser, Jun 17, 2015
  8. Slartybart Win User

Try checking for updates, the window was a little different (two panes) on my Win8.1 install.

Sorry, I can't post an image, I backed off the two KBs that are associated with GWX since I'm going to wait to upgrade.

Maybe you could show what Check for Updates looks like now on your machine.

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Here are some of them.. when I re-installed 8.1 I got about 200 in total.

Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I've had them from the first day they started the action, on my Win7 laptop disk and my Win8.1 desktop.

On the desktop I decided to re-image to an earlier one, to get rid of all my "Theming" stuff, you know UXStyles, OldNewExplorer, and Tranparency...etc., because all that makes some serious system changes and it's just faster to re-image & update, than uninstall and purge. Anyhow, the Icon came back after one day.

Cliff S, Jun 17, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I have the ICON.. it's kinda nice to have it there so I know I'm set for Win10. *Smile

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    It also checks your system once a month or so(TrackingDiag) to check compatibility if you have made any software changes.

Cliff S, Jun 17, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Software?? How would additions or changes in software change my eligibility??

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  14. derekimo Win User
    Compatibility, not eligibility.

derekimo, Jun 17, 2015
  15. Slartybart Win User
    Thanks Jeff, the screen I saw was different - maybe I clicked on a different area. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post what you see.

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. - Similar Threads - Win8 Upgrade Reserved

2. Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 1709 - Office 2013 Volume License does not update: Hello, Been having an issue lately with Office 2013 VL on Windows 10 1709. To test, I just spun up a brand new VM, installed Windows 10 1709 and Office 2013. Both are activated and the 'Give me updates for other MS products... " is checked in Windows Update. I receive...
  3. Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro Calendar Snooze Feature not Working - 2018: I updated to a new PC this summer. My old one was 32 bit and my new one is 64. I have the latest updates installed. Ever since changing over, the snooze feature does not work in the Calendar app. The reminder appears and if I snooze it for any length of time, it never shows...
  4. Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resetting start page menu layout to default in Win 10.: Hi.....somehow I lost my original start page menu layout. I can access everything as before, but the layout is different and I have to click on more buttons etc. Is there a way I can get the original layout without doing a computer restore and having to 'customize' things...
  5. Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has anybody succesfully installed Windows 10 April 2018 (1803) update?: I have tried 10 times by now and it always gets stuck at 75%. What happens at 75%? I would like to know! While looking for a solution I have only come across a million other posts regarding issues with update 1803. This makes me think nobody actually has been able to...
  6. Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10)

Can't fix windows error code 0x80080005 (Windows 10): I recently replaced my dead m.2 ssd with a Samsung 860 evo 1tb and since then I have gotten the error code 0x80080005 when trying to update/download anything from windows. Even after multiple ssd formats and clean installs the error code persists which is pretty strange. I...
  7. Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic

Windows 10 updates and static DHCP changing to automatic: My company is using Windows 10 workstations for print servers and are constantly receiving Windows 10 updates. We are finding that after remotely or in person, logging into the workstation as Administrator, Windows 10 Enterprise will start doing an update. In some cases we...
  8. Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Device Manager Multiple Code 12 Errors: I recently installed Windows 10 on an older EarthWalk Lap15EW12 and right after that i noticed in device manager that multiple devices were giving Code 12s and were not usable. Here are the devices listed 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller Broadcom 802.11G Wireless...
  9. Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10

Mouse pointer disappearing in google chrome, in Windows 10: This question has been asked for over 4 years and there is still no permanent solution from Microsoft. Re-launching google chrome can solve the issue, but it comes back soon. Uninstall/re-install google chrome also works, but the issue comes back. Turning off hardware...
  10. Win 10 blue screen driver crash

Win 10 blue screen driver crash: I am having this problem for around 3 months and there is no actual persistence of the problem. While I play, exactly when I am shutting down the PC or when I start it up a blue screen appears with the sad windows face :( . I do use my PC on a daily basis and the problem...