Windows 10: Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..

Discus and support Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just checked for updates in my Win8.1 instillation and I noticed this for the first time. [img] Looks like I'm all set and ready to get Win10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..

I just checked for updates in my Win8.1 instillation and I noticed this for the first time.

Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. [​IMG]

Looks like I'm all set and ready to get Win10 upgrade.. anyone else get this yet??

Jeff

:)

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade + Dual Boot

I've got two genuine Win8.1 installations on different partitions.

1. Win8.1 Home, OEM, came with laptop, user is hotmail account A.

2. Win8.1 Professional, retail, user is hotmail account B.

I reserved Win 10 on installation 1 and got a confirmation on hotmail account A

Installation 2 was a fresh Windows installation. The upgrade app didn't appear after i ran all the updates. Maybe i was too impatient, but i ran the batchfile from

here
    and got the Win 10 upgrade app to pop up. When i opened the upgrade app, it also said Windows 10 was reserved, but i never got a confirmation on hotmail account B.

Conclusion: the reservation seems to be tied to the computer accross different Windows installations and partitions

Question: how do i make sure the right OS/partition upgrades to Win10?

PizzaMan79, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Reserve WinX upgrade in Win8.1

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to download the Media Creation Tool (ISO file) and install Windows 10 when the system ready and fully updated.

Refer the below link to download ISO.

Get Windows 10

Download Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful, get back us if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 17, 2015
  4. Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..

Hi Jeff I have that on two of my machines.
    shipinomore

shipinomore10, Jun 17, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Cool.. I just noticed it today.. good to know that someone else is getting it as well.
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  6. had that for a couple of weeks on my laptop, no sign of it yet on my tablet though

paulsalter, Jun 17, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    I've had that for awhile. I think it was right after I clicked on reserve Windows 10.

Winuser, Jun 17, 2015
  8. Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved..

Try checking for updates, the window was a little different (two panes) on my Win8.1 install.

Sorry, I can't post an image, I backed off the two KBs that are associated with GWX since I'm going to wait to upgrade.

Maybe you could show what Check for Updates looks like now on your machine.

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    Here are some of them.. when I re-installed 8.1 I got about 200 in total.

Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    I've had them from the first day they started the action, on my Win7 laptop disk and my Win8.1 desktop.

On the desktop I decided to re-image to an earlier one, to get rid of all my "Theming" stuff, you know UXStyles, OldNewExplorer, and Tranparency...etc., because all that makes some serious system changes and it's just faster to re-image & update, than uninstall and purge. Anyhow, the Icon came back after one day.

Cliff S, Jun 17, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    I have the ICON.. it's kinda nice to have it there so I know I'm set for Win10. *Smile

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    It also checks your system once a month or so(TrackingDiag) to check compatibility if you have made any software changes.

Cliff S, Jun 17, 2015
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Software?? How would additions or changes in software change my eligibility??

BunnyJ, Jun 17, 2015
  14. derekimo Win User
    Compatibility, not eligibility.

derekimo, Jun 17, 2015
  15. Thanks Jeff, the screen I saw was different - maybe I clicked on a different area. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post what you see.

Slartybart, Jun 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Win8.1.. Windows 10 Upgrade Reserved.. - Similar Threads - Win8 Upgrade Reserved

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  5. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  6. Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrading to Win8 then upgrading to Win10 again questions: Hi, I'm currently having a weird activation problem with Windows 10, and I was considering reverting to Windows 8 and start the process again to see if that would fix things. I tried to use the 'revert to previous build' but it said it couldn't locate the required files or...
  7. Reserve upgrade question

Reserve upgrade question: I'm running Windows 7 and am trying to upgrade to win10. I have reserved my copy and have chosen to install with the 'delete everything' option (something like that) in the setup. I'm afraid I won't have it permanently, as the word 'upgrade' is always used. Is this still...
  8. Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade

Reserve Free Windows 10 Upgrade: This morning before going to work(05:45 my time) a Windows icon showed up in my system tray(on my Windows 8.1 desktop). I'm being offered to reserve Windows 10!!!! I just got back from work took a closer look and accepted. Here's a couple of screenshots: Attachment...
  9. Unable to reserve upgrade

Unable to reserve upgrade: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10. I clicked on the flag symbol and a box appeared with a spinning wheel and the message please wait. I waited and waited for 2 hours on numerous occasions but nothing happened and now I recieve a message saying "reserve your upgrade now"...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition

Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition: I upgraded my custom built desktop from Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center (Originally Windows 7 Pro Retail), and I've noticed I now have an OEM (Reserved) partition on my drive. I'm just about to do a clean install, and would like to know if it's safe to delete or whether I...