Windows 10: Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features

Discus and support Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've got a Dell Venue 11 Pro which I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10 I'm was trying to change my Regional settings to be UK which worked fine, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mcvpjd3, Aug 17, 2015.

1. mcvpjd3 Win User

Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features

I've got a Dell Venue 11 Pro which I've upgraded from 8.1 to 10

I'm was trying to change my Regional settings to be UK which worked fine, but when I wanted to change the Speech from English (US) to English (UK) it won't let me. It only shows English (US) in the drop down box. So I when to Manage Optional Features, clicked on Add a feature and I have nothing in there.

Anyone got any idea why this is empty and how I can fix it?

Thanks

:)

mcvpjd3, Aug 17, 2015

2. Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 Empty, Can't Install IE11

Hi,

There may have been some broken or corrupted system files on Internet Explorer 11
    that results to this issue. To help you with this, we recommend that you perform an in-place upgrade using an
    ISO file. This is to repair any broken system files while keeping your personal files, settings, and installed applications. To do this, follow the steps provided by
    PaulSey in this
    article

Let us know if the solution above works.

Eileen Gal, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Mohrocco Win User
    Manage Optional Features in Windows 10 Empty, Can't Install IE11

Hello,

On one of our machines with Windows 10 Pro, we had trouble with a site that uses an active x control. We tried to reset the IE settings and clear the cache, to get the control to load up again. However, I saw on one of the settings tabs that it was completely
    blank. So it seemed like IE was corrupt somehow.

So I tried to reinstall IE by removing it, via Apps & Features, Manage Optional Features. At the time several items, such as recognition options and IE11 appeared. After removing IE11 and rebooting, I went back into Manage Optional Features to restore
    IE11. However, now there is nothing in the list to select. This machine did have the fall creators update recently installed.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or, at least, is there an offline installer for IE11 for Windows 10?

Thanks

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Mohrocco, Aug 17, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

Hmmm, I've just looked and mine is exactly the same.

z3r010, Aug 19, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
    I've done a clean install and it is working OK. An upgrade issue perhaps? I don't have a non clean installed system to check...

Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features [​IMG]

6. Not sure on the blank list issue

but try this to get the English UK speech (I have done this so mine is different and have to refer to memory)
    from the Region and Language section
    highlight the English UK under languages
    you should now get a pop up with an Options button
    click this and it allows you to download English UK speech

once that has finished go back to the Speech option and UK should be there in the dropdown

paulsalter, Aug 19, 2015
  7. mcvpjd3 Win User
    Tried that. When I click on the Speech Language (which is Engligh (US)), nothing happens. I get the little \/ downdown menu, but it only shows the US and gives no other options.

Thanks

mcvpjd3, Aug 19, 2015
  8. CyberTod Win User

I just checked. There is no English (UK), but there is an English (GB)

CyberTod, Aug 19, 2015
  9. mcvpjd3 Win User
    Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features :) I'd accept that - if only I got anything in the list.

mcvpjd3, Aug 19, 2015
  10. have you gone into these options first

Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features [​IMG]

paulsalter, Aug 19, 2015
  11. mcvpjd3 Win User
    I've also got another PC (Another Dell), I had Technical Preview on it from the start. It's now got Full win10 Pro and it also has the same issue in that the Optional Features is empty. While it is an in-place upgrade, it is an upgrade from TP to Win10. Also someone else with a Dell Venue that was upgraded has the same issue.

My self built PC at home had the same version of Tech Preview installed, I've upgraded that via windows update (same as the 2 above). That does have optional installs available.

Don't want to jump to conclusions, but it seems to be the Dells that have the issue.

mcvpjd3, Aug 19, 2015
  12. mcvpjd3 Win User
    Yes I have. That bring back a window with Keyboards (which I can add) and Speech with "Settings" below it. When I click on Settings, it takes me to the Speech Language page, and from there I get the drop down with only US English in it and from there I get no further.

Regards

mcvpjd3, Aug 19, 2015
  13. devdept2 Win User

I also have this problem (Empty Optional Features list) after updating to Windows 10 on a Dell machine and I need to install the Graphics Tools that now are available for installation only from there.
    Has anybody found a solution?

devdept2, Mar 31, 2016
  14. devdept2 Win User
    I solved it by removing the machine from the domain.

devdept2, Apr 17, 2016
  15. Can you elaborate a little on that? How did u get this solved?

kaviadarshan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win8 to 10 - Empty Optional Features - Similar Threads - Win8 Empty Optional

2. Windows 10 optional features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 optional features: Is there a way to enable "windows optional features"? For me there is no such thing and online are only tutorials on how to enable apps inside the optional features. Main problem is my pc not having the program notepad. I already tried looking for a way to fix this but there...
  3. Windows 10 optional features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 optional features: Is there a way to enable "windows optional features"? For me there is no such thing and online are only tutorials on how to enable apps inside the optional features. Main problem is my pc not having the program notepad. I already tried looking for a way to fix this but there...
  4. Optional Features is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Optional Features is empty: Split from this thread. Hi ,I've the similar issue.. Media Feature Pack is not showing in the Optional Features.. in fact nothing is been listed under "Add an optional feature"please suggest the immediate solution for this.. OS: Windows 11...
  5. Optional Features is empty

Optional Features is empty: Split from this thread. Hi ,I've the similar issue.. Media Feature Pack is not showing in the Optional Features.. in fact nothing is been listed under "Add an optional feature"please suggest the immediate solution for this.. OS: Windows 11...
  6. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  7. win8 dvd

win8 dvd: I run my w8 DVD & this came up:- this is missing or corrupted "windows\system32\driversmsisadrv.sys," Error Code : 0xc000007d. Is there anything I can do to correct it? I bought this cd a long time ago & used it a few times as my spare laptop has w8.
  8. Windows 10 Optional Features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Optional Features: HelloI found the below article exactly my problem while searching for a solution for Optional features that fail to install, no error, no progress on the bar, just hangs for a while and...
  9. Windows features list empty

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows features list empty: I am trying to add some features to my win10 machine.However,the list is empty - general photo. I have set the service to automatic and checked if it's running submitted by /u/nusuntcinevabannat [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 "Optional" features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 "Optional" features: In Windows 10 settings, there is a list of "Optional" features, most, if not all, that I have no use for. If they are "Optional" as they say, how come I don't see a way to uninstall these "Options"? Example: 95.8 MB for "English US Speech Recognition". I NEVER talk to...