Windows 10: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT and page corruption sometimes after sleep

Discus and support WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT and page corruption sometimes after sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; sometimes after returning from sleep ill get bsod WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT. Ive attached the latest and some other dumps. Does not happen everytime,- so hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cixoos, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Cixoos Win User

WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT and page corruption sometimes after sleep

sometimes after returning from sleep ill get bsod WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT. Ive attached the latest and some other dumps.

Does not happen everytime,- so hard to find out what is the problem

example of some ocr debugs:

Code: Instant Online Crash Analysis, brought to you by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.Show DivPrimary Analysis Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See http://www.osronline.com for more information Windows 8 Kernel Version 17763 MP (4 procs) Free x64 Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name: Kernel base = 0xfffff800`36a0b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`36e2aa10 Debug session time: Tue Oct 9 09:59:37.225 2018 (UTC - 4:00) System Uptime: 1 days 3:54:54.891 ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffffde8c9af3b028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 00000000fe000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000000801136, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Debugging Details: ------------------ TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2 BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: HxTsr.exe CURRENT_IRQL: f BAD_PAGES_DETECTED: 22635 STACK_TEXT: ffffac80`21ea5a88 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx STACK_COMMAND: kb FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 BUCKET_ID: PAGE_NOT_ZERO Followup: MachineOwner --------- *** Memory manager detected 140853 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory corruption.[/quote]

Code: Instant Online Crash Analysis, brought to you by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc.Show DivPrimary Analysis Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. (http://www.osr.com) Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See http://www.osronline.com for more information Windows 8 Kernel Version 17763 MP (4 procs) Free x64 Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name: Kernel base = 0xfffff800`6d80b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`6dc2aa10 Debug session time: Thu Oct 11 09:59:32.458 2018 (UTC - 4:00) System Uptime: 0 days 23:49:02.095 ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception Arg2: ffff940a9df30028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure. Arg3: 00000000fe000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Arg4: 0000000000801136, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value. Debugging Details: ------------------ TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2 BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: ekrn.exe CURRENT_IRQL: f BAD_PAGES_DETECTED: 213d2 STACK_TEXT: ffffe780`d8ea5a88 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx STACK_COMMAND: kb FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 BUCKET_ID: PAGE_NOT_ZERO Followup: MachineOwner --------- *** Memory manager detected 136146 instance(s) of page corruption, target is likely to have memory[/quote]

:)

Cixoos, Oct 12, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 12, 2018
  4. WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT and page corruption sometimes after sleep

Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT and page corruption sometimes after sleep

1. WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT and page corruption sometimes after sleep - Similar Threads - WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT page corruption

2. File Explorer sometimes freezes after sleeping the computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer sometimes freezes after sleeping the computer?: EDIT: Screenshot which evidently failed to attach This happens sometimes online on Win10 on a Lenovo Flex 5 14. I have two other systems that don't seem to exhibit this behavior in File Explorer. I have these explorer tabs open frequently, but sometimes after the computer...
  3. Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.

Sometimes keyboard will not wake PC from sleep, sometimes it will.: What is causing this to occur? I can't pin down any circumstances that make it work or not. Sometimes if I hit a key on the keyboard, it will wake the PC, other times not. But clicking the mouse always wakes it. And the mouse is plugged in to the keyboard, then there are two...
  4. Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resume from sleep by mouse sometimes works, sometimes not: So since resume from sleep was introduced (perhaps 1990s), it always has had it share of problems. Now, on my Windows 10 system sleep and resume from sleep work as I want, except sometimes resume does not work. I have tried to pinpoint the cause for it, but I have no idea...
  5. Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep

Windows sometimes waking up immediately after sleep: This occasionally occurs after manually setting the pc to sleep. Does anyone know why this happens or if there is a way to fix the issue? submitted by /u/Conells [link] [comments]...
  6. Bsod default_bucket_id: Win8_driver_fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod default_bucket_id: Win8_driver_fault: Just experienced a bsod, is it related to driver / chrome? Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\minidump\040820-7328-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only...
  7. Bsod default_bucket_id: Win8_driver_fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod default_bucket_id: Win8_driver_fault: Hi, i just experienced a bsod, is it related to driver or chrome? Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.18362.1 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\minidump\040820-7328-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only...
  8. Night light sometimes doesn't work after sleep

Night light sometimes doesn't work after sleep: I think for about half a year, the night light mode fails to work after I log off for a period of time or after I sleep the PC. The only way to resolve it is to sign out/relog or restart. But this is annoying so I wonder what else might work. I've also tried: Replug monitor...
  9. Desktop page is corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop page is corrupted: For a long time there was a useful calendar on my desktop. For some reason it was disabled without notice but instead of disappearing, grayed-out rectangles remained (as pictured). Although the computer function is unaffected, I would very much like for the artifact to be...
  10. Weird graphical corruption after Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird graphical corruption after Sleep mode: Hello, On Windows 10, sometimes when I wake up the PC from Sleep mode I get this weird rectangle of of graphical corruption that moves with my cursor around the screen. See attachment for picture. I recall on Windows 8 a somewhat similar problem. That when waking up the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT