Windows 10: win9 plans to mess-up surface pro line?

Discus and support win9 plans to mess-up surface pro line? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; ms plans to divorce desktop area from Win9 which appears on 'mobile devices', which will apply to both RT/ARM devices and x86 engines. Soo... no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Aug 11, 2014.

1. ksdixon Win User

win9 plans to mess-up surface pro line?

ms plans to divorce desktop area from Win9 which appears on 'mobile devices', which will apply to both RT/ARM devices and x86 engines.

Soo... no desktop area on future Surface Pros? I don't want that future.

:)

ksdixon, Aug 11, 2014

2. Windows 10: I hate it

It messed up my Surface Pro 3. I can't use my printer now. I'm SELF EMPLOYED!!!! I want 8.1 back.

How do I uninstall?????

susanbrent, Aug 11, 2014
  3. Surface Pro rendering/scaling badely on different monitors

I love the Surface Pro 4 and I hate it at the same time.

My main problem (on top of the touch screen and keyboard sometime not responding) is with rendering on different monitors.

If I connect the surface to a 30" monitor than disconnect it to use the surface screen, everything is messed up, windows sizes, mouse cursor, layouts...even some of the windows will be off screen and I can't access it. Also everything is pixelated and the
    resolution is terrible.

After waking up from sleep while connected to the 30" monitor (HP ZR30w), the same thing happens. Windows sizes will change, some of them are reduced to small squares and you can only see the X and minimize buttons....

Scaling is messed up and doesn't scale properly until I restart the device with the connected monitor or restart it without it for windows to properly scale on the surface screen but also windows will stay in a mess.

Aprentice_, Aug 11, 2014
  4. ksdixon Win User

seems I may have misread an article about Charms bar going away as I can[t find the article. I was 'sure' it was saying how desktops would only be for desktops and laptops, and smartphones/tablets/2in1's would have no desktop area. It even mentioned how the 'mobile' configuration would apply to tablet devices in both arm and x86 flavors. Will keep looking I guess,

ksdixon, Aug 11, 2014
  5. A Guy Win User
    Only thing similar I saw was that it would detect what type of platform it was being installed on, and install desktop on PCs, etc. The other interface would be there, but not shown by default.

A Guy, Aug 11, 2014
  6. It seems more like the Desktop will be for sure there on PCs like the Surface Pro 3. It would be HUGELY counterproductive to not have that at all. What will happen is if Windows detects your platform as a desktop PC, it'll have the mini Start Screen and default it to boot to the Desktop. If you have a Surface Pro, it will detect it as a tablet and set up the Start Screen as full screen and default boot to Start and probably some other touch first things as well.

The Desktop won't be there possibly, not completely verified or detailed, on 8 inch Intel Atom based tablets or ARM based tablets like the Surface 1 or 2 and hopefully 3 or Surface Mini if that happens. Obvious reason as to why? The Desktop is basically useless on RT if a proper File Explorer app is made and touch first Office; and on small Atom tablets, you're not going to use the Desktop that much as is because it's just so small. That will be interesting to see if that is true for the small x86 tablets because what if people still want to use itunes or flash their Nokia Lumia 930s with Windows Phone 9 Developer Preview?

Coke Robot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. win9 plans to mess-up surface pro line? - Similar Threads - win9 plans mess

2. Horizontal lines/messed up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizontal lines/messed up screen: only on startup. I’ve installed multiple different drivers installed multiple updates, cleaned up my pc from trash, opened it up and cleaned the inside and still getting this?...
  3. Horizontal lines/messed up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Horizontal lines/messed up screen: only on startup. I’ve installed multiple different drivers installed multiple updates, cleaned up my pc from trash, opened it up and cleaned the inside and still getting this?...
  4. Horizontal lines/messed up screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Power up surface pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power up surface pro: I am unable to start my surface pro 7. Nothing works to reset it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-up-surface-pro/f085f90b-222f-4350-9d16-ace978bc5888
  6. Messed up separator lines in tabbed File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up separator lines in tabbed File Explorer: So, I've had this issue a few months ago when I was using Windows Insider builds, but the issue is only present when the new Tabs feature is present in file Explorer. Since then, I have done a complete fresh reinstall on a new NVME drive. But with the latest Windows update...
  7. Messed up separator lines in tabbed File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messed up separator lines in tabbed File Explorer: So, I've had this issue a few months ago when I was using Windows Insider builds, but the issue is only present when the new Tabs feature is present in file Explorer. Since then, I have done a complete fresh reinstall on a new NVME drive. But with the latest Windows update...
  8. Surface pro is acting up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface pro is acting up.: So I have a surface pro mini and I haven’t touched it for like two weeks. I turned it on and they laptop is on because the keyboard is on. The problem is that when I turn it on the screen starts flashing colors like red, white, green, then stops and goes black. I haven’t done...
  9. Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro

Blue/Red Dotes and Lines on Surface Pro: Hi, Purchased my Surface Pro in June last year - i've had issues with red or blue dots and lines as per the screenshot below. Turning nightlight on and off temporarily overcomes the issue, but inevitably it always comes back. This was happening as soon as I bought the...
  10. Windows update messed up my surface

Windows update messed up my surface: I have a surface pro 4 and a surface pro 6. With the most recent updates this week, both computers malfunctioned. My pro 4 gave me trouble with GDrive. I called Gsuite administrator, and after at least 45 minutes they fixed the problem. Next up was Surface pro 6. On my pro...