Windows 10: Winamp still working on skip ahead build

Discus and support Winamp still working on skip ahead build in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks I still think this is one of the best programs for CD ripping and automatic tagging -- especially if you like Classical music as it has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Sep 14, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Winamp still working on skip ahead build

Hi folks
    I still think this is one of the best programs for CD ripping and automatic tagging -- especially if you like Classical music as it has Gracenote DB api built in so in most cases can easily tag your CD rip --good if you are digitising / ripping a load of CD's with obscure classical music titles.

Note for music libraries, player applications etc etc there's loads of them but for ripping and tagging this program still does it for me - especially if you already have the audio iso on HDD. (files are all labelled cda on audio cd - don't create as data cd if copying to iso on HDD).

With Windows Black theme the Winamp interface actually looks quite modern these days -- doesn't need .Net 3 or whatever -- I installed a clean skip ahead W10 build - installed Winamp no prob (as well as VLC etc --I use the Winamp for CD ripping --I've still got a whole slew of CD's I need to rip --Hint -- copy them as audio isos to a HDD and then as Windows 10 can mount virtual isos the rip goes incredibly fast -- often in a few seconds !!!

Winamp still working on skip ahead build [​IMG]

Winamp still working on skip ahead build [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 keeps muting Winamp

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could possibly be due to Winamp involuntarily controlling volume by itself. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Winamp Preferences window and select
      Output.
    • On the right pane, select Nullsoft waveOut plug-in
      and choose Configure.
    • At Volume Control, uncheck
      Enable.

• Save the changes, and exit Winamp.
    • Restart Winamp, raise the volume now to see if it still resets.

If the issue persists, as it is related to Winamp, I suggest you to post your query in the
    Winamp forums.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Skip Ahead build 18219.

In Insider builds these issues are common. What I can suggest you is to temporarily revert to build 18204(If I am correct), skip 18219 and directly install the next build when it arrives.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 14, 2019
  4. Pauli O Win User

Windows Insiders Lost Skip Ahead

Some insiders in Skip Ahead were merged to Fast Ring when build 18875 was released.

Quote from build 18875 announcement:

Hello Windows Insiders, today we are moving the Fast ring forward to 20H1 and merging the small group of Insiders who opted-in to Skip Ahead back into the Fast ring with the release of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20H1 Build 18875.
    That means Insiders in the Fast ring and those who opted-in to Skip Ahead will receive the same builds going forward.

I had Skip Ahead status on desktop and laptop, but when that build was installed desktop stay in Sikp Ahead, but laptop was changed to Fast Ring.

Pauli O, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Winamp still working on skip ahead build - Similar Threads - Winamp still working

2. Windows Insider build stuck on restart screen (skip ahead)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Insider build stuck on restart screen (skip ahead): Any time i try to restart my computer, it gets stuck on the restart screen. It's impossible to properly restart my computer, i have to manually shut it down by holding the power button...
  3. Windows Insider build stuck on update screen (skip ahead)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Insider build stuck on update screen (skip ahead): Any time i try to restart my computer to update, it gets stuck on the restart screen and refuses to update. After trying to leave the insider program, the update still exists and windows will not recheck updates. I have to force restart my computer every time, and windows...
  4. Windows Insiders Lost Skip Ahead

Windows Insiders Lost Skip Ahead: I was in skip ahead and now I am in fast. I tried to back to Skip Ahead and I am receiving message that it is closed. I am running Build 18932. Thanks, Tony...
  5. SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE

SKIP AHEAD TO NEXT WINDOW RELEASE: When I select this option it, automatically reverted. My Question is When SKIP AHEAD TO WINDOW RELEASE will OPEN, because now it's closed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/skip-ahead-to-next-window-release/660431cb-4fa0-49bc-9ba4-55279ee282d3
  6. Windows 10 Build 18242 now available for Skip Ahead Insiders with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Build 18242 now available for Skip Ahead Insiders with improvements: Microsoft today released a new Insider Preview Build for its “19H1” branch for Insiders who have enrolled themselves in the Skip Ahead Ring. The latest build doesn’t come with any new features, there hardly have been any, since Microsoft is at the tail end of development for...
  7. Skip Ahead build 18219.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Skip Ahead build 18219.: After some period of time Microsoft Store, Settings and Feedback Hub stop working and some Start apps will fail to open. Task Manager shows these items as suspended when you try to open them and trying to restart Windows Explorer from Task Manager results in Explorer shutting...
  8. Winamp Pro STILL working !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winamp Pro STILL working !!!: Hi folks Winamp PRO is still working perfectly on W10 release 1511 (I went back from 1607 because of other issues). This program wouldn't work properly on Win 8.1 [img] I like it especially for ripping Music as it connects to Gracenote - which for Classical music...
  9. Winamp working again !!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Winamp working again !!!!: Hi there I used to love this program --it failed on W8.1 with some sort of script error. Works on W10 build 10041 perfectly again. I know it's an OLD program but I really liked it and I haven't found anything nearly as good on modern apps (although VLC plays audio)....
  10. Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 16362 for PC

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 16362 for PC: UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Hello Windows Insiders! Today we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC to Windows...