Windows 10: Winamp

Discus and support Winamp in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Winamp site is now closed. . .Good by old friend. . .*Thumbs 1418 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Lee, Dec 20, 2013.

1. LEE
    Lee Win User

Winamp

Winamp site is now closed. . .Good by old friend. . .*Thumbs

:)

2. john8400 Win User

WINAMP for 5700

Nice. Nokia does Winamp.

(Check it out on the 5700 pages under "software" and "music")

Can you do an update to the Installer?

The first thing you see when starting is a nice red window saying:

"WINAMP UPDATE"

"Free Winamp Upgrade Available"

"Important Upgrade: This upgrade fixes a security vulnerability present in previous Winamp versions."

"Upgrading is strongly recommended."

"DOWNLOAD" BUTTON

Its pretty tedious to download Winamp from Nokia, install, oops...download *again* from Winamp, install again....

Why not just point straight to the Winamp download image? Its not like there's any co-branding...

john8400, Dec 20, 2013
  3. KoGreg Win User
    Problem with playback in Winamp.

Try this version, it may help
    Winamp

KoGreg, Dec 20, 2013
  4. bigseb Win User

Winamp

Now you have good reason to try Clementine...

bigseb, Dec 20, 2013
  5. pebbly Win User
    "One of the Winamp team members confirmed on Twitter that something is happening but no new updates arrived since Saturday."

"This fact would seem to lend credence to rumors that AOL is in serious talks with a company that would in theory acquire Winamp. The thinking is that the negotiations would give the site and the software a stay of execution until the deal is finalized. So far, the only company that has been named as a possible buyer is Microsoft. For its part, AOL has been completely silent about the future of Winamp beyond the December 20th deadline notice that was posted a month ago."
    http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/win..._just_yet.html

pebbly, Dec 23, 2013
  6. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Not really sure if I would really have a need for winamp any more. With iTunes and VLC there just doesn't seem any reason to use it. . .*Smile

Thema:

Winamp

1. Winamp - Similar Threads - Winamp

2. bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp: Winamp ile çalışmak için bluetooth hoparlörün sonraki parça düğmesi komutunu programlamak mümkün müdür? Örneğin, konuşmacının Sonraki parça düğmesinin komutunu Windows'ta klavyenin END tuşuna karşılık gelecek şekilde programlamaya ve bunu Winamp'a parça değiştirme Kısayolu...
  3. bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp: Winamp ile çalışmak için bluetooth hoparlörün sonraki parça düğmesi komutunu programlamak mümkün müdür? Örneğin, konuşmacının Sonraki parça düğmesinin komutunu Windows'ta klavyenin END tuşuna karşılık gelecek şekilde programlamaya ve bunu Winamp'a parça değiştirme Kısayolu...
  4. bluetooth hoparlör ve Winamp

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. probleem met winamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    probleem met winamp: besteik kan geen songs slepen van mijn songlijst naar mijn playlist dan krijg ik de volgende fout melding.mvgWinamp client version: 5.9.1 Build 10029 winamp caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module winamp.exe at 0023:004adaa2. Exception handler called in Winamp. Error...
  6. probleem met winamp

probleem met winamp: besteik kan geen songs slepen van mijn songlijst naar mijn playlist dan krijg ik de volgende fout melding.mvgWinamp client version: 5.9.1 Build 10029 winamp caused an Access Violation 0xc0000005 in module winamp.exe at 0023:004adaa2. Exception handler called in Winamp. Error...
  7. why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11: Hi gang i need a lot of help here i am really not that computer smart so please be descriptive in your answers it will be a great help to me i got a new laptop for Christmas and i love it however it is windows 11 and i am having the worst time getting my winamp to play...
  8. why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11

why am i having trouble creating a play list on winamp in windows 11: Hi gang i need a lot of help here i am really not that computer smart so please be descriptive in your answers it will be a great help to me i got a new laptop for Christmas and i love it however it is windows 11 and i am having the worst time getting my winamp to play...
  9. Once-popular Windows media player Winamp is probably coming back

in Windows 10 News
    Once-popular Windows media player Winamp is probably coming back: The media streaming world is now all about YouTube, Apple, Spotify, and other paid or ad-supported free servicing services. However, this wasn’t the case in the early or mid-2000s. In the early 2000s, desktop users just wanted to maintain their own music libraries using apps...
  10. Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loss of sound on winamp after Windows 10 update?: I seem to have a problem others have had in past years. I've been using WINAMP to play sounds for decades. Now, when I use it to try to play an mp3, I get the error message: BadDirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. I...