Windows 10: Winbrand.dll is not designed to run on windows

Discus and support Winbrand.dll is not designed to run on windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had a problem with my winbrand.dll for a long time now, I've waited on another microsoft support forum for an answer, never got one. So to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by S2205, Jul 9, 2019.

1. S2205 Win User

Winbrand.dll is not designed to run on windows

So I've had a problem with my winbrand.dll for a long time now, I've waited on another microsoft support forum for an answer, never got one.
    So to explain, my winbrand.dll is corrupted and doesn't wanna work with me. I've tried to fix it with sfc/scannow but it won't work cause windows resource protection. I've tried it in safe mode, didn't work. I've tried trustedinstaller and other online scanners, those didn't work either. And the last time I installed windows 10 was a full reset. This happened about 2 months ago.

:)

S2205, Jul 9, 2019

2. Bad Image-Error MSVCP110.dll and MSVCR110.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.

Hello,

This issue usually happens if the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is not installed properly.

We suggest you to uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual Redistributable Package. For the detailed steps, you can refer to the link below and follow our MVP's steps on the thread:

MSVCP10.dll error or not designed to run on windows

Let us know what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Error: missing msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll with message: not designed to run on Windows or are corrupted on Windows 10 while playing Smite game

Hi Estelito,

Thank you for responding.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Unregister and re-register the msvcp110.dll and then check if you come across the issue.

Step 1: Steps to un-register
    msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /u msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window

Step 2:
    Steps to re-register msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /i msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Check if you have not deleted the msvcp110.dll file by mistake on your device.

Check for the file in Recycle bin. If found restore back.

Method 3: I suggest you to run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
    and check.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Also, when you perform Microsoft Safety Scanner from the link provided, data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential
    for data loss.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Gil deG Win User

windows 10: 'MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.'

Hi,

Since you are getting same error "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error".

We suggest that you refer to this
    thread
    as some customers are also having the same issue and try to check the suggested fix of Santosh_Rai.

Let us know how it goes.

Gil deG, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Winbrand.dll is not designed to run on windows - Similar Threads - Winbrand dll designed

2. xinput1_3.dll and D3Dcompiler_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or either it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xinput1_3.dll and D3Dcompiler_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or either it...: When I ran epic games launcher it showed me that this two programs xinput1_3.dll and D3Dcompiler_43.dll is either not designed to run on this windows or it contains an error....
  3. xinput1_3.dll and D3Dcompiler_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or either it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xinput1_3.dll and D3Dcompiler_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows or either it...: When I ran epic games launcher it showed me that this two programs xinput1_3.dll and D3Dcompiler_43.dll is either not designed to run on this windows or it contains an error....
  4. Windows10: Msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it ….

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10: Msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it ….: my laptop cant connect to network when i switch it on this morning. When I troubleshoot it shows msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error....
  5. Windows10: Msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it ….

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows10: Msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it ….: my laptop cant connect to network when i switch it on this morning. When I troubleshoot it shows msxml6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error....
  6. d3dx10_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    d3dx10_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows: I try to open SteamVR but it wont launch, if i go to the app location and try to open it, it says "d3dx10_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows"I have Windows10 Home, RX550, 16,GB Ram, need help please...
  7. d3dx10_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    d3dx10_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows: I try to open SteamVR but it wont launch, if i go to the app location and try to open it, it says "d3dx10_43.dll is either not designed to run on windows"I have Windows10 Home, RX550, 16,GB Ram, need help please...
  8. .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error: Hey, so I have been getting this error with quite a few different DLLs including InstallService.dll D3D12CORE.dll and SystemSettingsThresholdAdminFlowUI.dll as well as many others. I'm not sure if this is relevant but I have,Ryzen 5 3600Gigabyte B550MOne 1TB HDD and one 1TB...
  9. DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error: Hello microsoft support . I am having issues with one of the workstation computers that is part of the network that I run. The issue is that whenever I try to open Sonicwall NetExtender (a VPN client) i get an error that says "C:\windows\system32\rasman.dll is either not...
  10. d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    d3dx9_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows.: So i searched web for solution to this problem. I did not find a solution that worked for me. But today i managed to solve it, sharing it with you guys as i struggled with this problem for quite a while. What you need to do is to find those missing dlls in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system32/winbrand.dll windows 10