Windows 10: Wind 10 for 1 week now my monitor screen goes black on startup, power light is still on

Discus and support Wind 10 for 1 week now my monitor screen goes black on startup, power light is still on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ok each time i now power up my desktop. my monitor goes black on password input screen. If i turn monitor off and back on i can see it again for 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Craig.Davies14, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Wind 10 for 1 week now my monitor screen goes black on startup, power light is still on

Ok each time i now power up my desktop. my monitor goes black on password input screen. If i turn monitor off and back on i can see it again for 5 secs before going black again. I can type in the password and it will start to load but still screen is black. i can turn the monitor off any amount of times and on again and it will show the correct image behind but go black again. Only when my system has got passed the password login stage and a 10 sec interval will the monitor then keep the picture.

Ahas there been an update recently on windows 10 that is interfering with my monitor display? I read that when monitor power light stays on and not stand by its going to be an OS issue on windows.

Any advice would be welcome.

Win 10 home 64 bit

AMD radeon 5700 series

AMD Phenom II x4 965 processor 3.4ghz

ram 8mb

Monitor is DGM L-2262WD

:)

Craig.Davies14, Nov 30, 2018

2. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 30, 2018
  3. BLACK SCREEN ON STARTUP AFTER WIN 10 UPDATE

Thank you for the prompt reply. BTW its a Toshiba L500D. Yes I've tried forced shutdown repeatedly. I've tried a remote monitor (it gets "put to sleep, too"), I made an Installation Media DVD on another Laptop and tried that to no avail. I've tried Control-Shift
    Esc; Ctrl-Alt-Del; F1, F2, F12. I've connected a known good HDD to a USB port. I've removed the HDD and substituted a known good HDD. I removed and re-fitted the RAM chips as suggested by Microsoft. All the while doing hard resets. Nothing gets any response
    from the Black Screen condition. I cannot apply any of the fixes suggested such as I've been able to find in hours of searching because I cannot get anything but Black Screen. the Power light is on, the HDD runs up, the DVD drive runs up and just Black screen.

GregKeenan, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Karen Her Win User

Wind 10 for 1 week now my monitor screen goes black on startup, power light is still on

black screen

Hi,

This issue could occur due to corrupted or missing system files or drivers. To further assist you with your concern, please answer the following:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you still see any indication that the device is powered on? (power led, hard drive activity light)

Meanwhile, you can follow the troubleshooting steps indicated in this article (Troubleshoot black screen
    or blank screen errors
    ), and check if it helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Wind 10 for 1 week now my monitor screen goes black on startup, power light is still on

1. Wind 10 for 1 week now my monitor screen goes black on startup, power light is still on - Similar Threads - Wind week monitor

2. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  3. The power button light is on but the screen is black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The power button light is on but the screen is black.: I have a HP Pavilion 14. It stupendously overheats randomly on apps like Adobe Acrobat Etc. Today it lost battery and I charged it for an hour. The laptop is showing a black screen on boot. It has a whining noise for a few seconds but it just stops.It has an i7 and iris xe...
  4. My screen goes black on all monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  5. My screen goes black on all monitors

My screen goes black on all monitors: HiI have 1 tv and 2 monitors for my7 desktop and when ever I am playing a game can be any game, but all of my monitors plus tv goes black for a couple of seconds then my screen is back but depending on the game it crashes, I have checked if my drivers is up to date anbd they...
  6. Screen goes black but still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black but still running: So I made a mistake. I wanted to delete the key licenses to my Adobe account because my new apps kept signing in automatically to the old key license, which I have stopped paying the bills for. I mistakenly deleted the CLSID folder, instead of supposedly just certain files...
  7. Screen goes black but still running

Screen goes black but still running: So I made a mistake. I wanted to delete the key licenses to my Adobe account because my new apps kept signing in automatically to the old key license, which I have stopped paying the bills for. I mistakenly deleted the CLSID folder, instead of supposedly just certain files...
  8. Monitor won't sleep properly. Goes black, indicator light is still on

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't sleep properly. Goes black, indicator light is still on: Hello everyone! This is my first post here, hope it goes well *Smile Issue: I have set my monitors to turn off after 5 mins, and the PC is set to "never" sleep. At five minutes the monitors will turn off and sleep and the monitor indicator light will turn orange, but only...
  9. Black monitor screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black monitor screen at Startup: How do I troubleshoot a black monitor screen at startup? 164669
  10. Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup: I own an Asus TUF Gaming Fx504 Series laptop that just recently encountered a serious error. It froze on me one day while I was using it, so I performed a force shut down. My computer went into Automatic Repair, claims it diagnosed and fixed the C: Drive, but I still couldn't...