Windows 10: windbg cannot analyze minidump file

Discus and support windbg cannot analyze minidump file in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have added the windbg window.I did not click on "analyze -v" 85192 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by louis14, May 22, 2017.

1. louis14 Win User

windbg cannot analyze minidump file

I have added the windbg window.I did not click on "analyze -v"

:)

louis14, May 22, 2017
  2. Hans_BA Win User

windbg getcontextstatefailed

after the creater update i cannot analyze my minidump files anymore with windbg: i get several error messages:

getcontextstatefailed 0x8007001E

i can analyze minidump files backud up from before the creators update.i have already reinstalled windbg.i have tried windbg x86 instead of windbg x64

Hans_BA, May 22, 2017
  3. auggy Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

The preferable tool to analyze a dump file is WinDbg (Windows Debugger):

Install and Configure WinDBG for BSOD Analysis

The minidump file you provided was Driver Verifier initiated.

Did you enable the Driver Verifier and, if so, why?

auggy, May 22, 2017
  4. Golden Win User

Golden, May 22, 2017
  5. louis14 Win User
    I've looked at your link and i hadn't configured the symbol path like described but now i have done but that didn't change the analyze of windbg.so the minidumpfile may be corrupted but bluescreenview give me no error.

louis14, May 22, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    In the last few days I set up the link. In the instructions it has displayed:

Copy the highlighted text below, and paste it into the command prompt window using Ctrl+V and hit enter to change directory to the installation location path.

cd\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\
    3. Now copy this highlighted text, paste it into the command prompt window, and hit enter to make the association.

windbg.exe -IA

If you use command prompt you will likely will not be able to create the link. I had to use administrative command prompt. The link was then created and the test #4 worked. It failed for opening/downloading minidump in Firefox where there was a flash on the screen, but it worked for Chrome.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. windbg cannot analyze minidump file - Similar Threads - windbg cannot analyze

2. Help Analyzing a minidump file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Analyzing a minidump file?: I was playing overwatch when everything froze. After about 10s the screen kinda went red then immediately after the computer restarted.Here is the dump analyze output:4: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Help Analyzing a minidump file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Analyzing a minidump file?: I was playing overwatch when everything froze. After about 10s the screen kinda went red then immediately after the computer restarted.Here is the dump analyze output:4: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** **...
  4. BSODs Windbg analyze please

BSODs Windbg analyze please: I've been getting crashes every once in awhile. Although it's not frequent as what I've seen before, im still worried. Thanks in advance!Here is windbgAll ntroskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp.exe bsodsKMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1eThis is a very common BugCheck. Usually the exception...
  5. WinDbg "No export analyze found"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WinDbg "No export analyze found": Hello,While WinDbg has been working perfectly fine for years, this morning I came into work to find that running "!analyze -v" always just results in "No export analyze found".This is true for minidumps that I have successfully analyzed in the past. I have both rebooted and...
  6. WinDbg "No export analyze found"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinDbg "No export analyze found": Hello,While WinDbg has been working perfectly fine for years, this morning I came into work to find that running "!analyze -v" always just results in "No export analyze found".This is true for minidumps that I have successfully analyzed in the past. I have both rebooted and...
  7. WinDbg "No export analyze found"

8. Minidump Analyzer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minidump Analyzer: Anyone know any good, free online minidump analyzers? ty submitted by /u/katalosi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hs3nbi/minidump_analyzer/
  9. Need Minidump Files Analyzed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Minidump Files Analyzed: Hello, I'm not entirely sure that this is the correct way to go about getting minidump files analyzed. I'm including a onedrive link to the 4 files that are currently in my minidump folder. I've only actually seen my computer crash once and the error message I believe was...
  10. Minidump Analyzer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minidump Analyzer: Hello My laptop recently crashed and i would like to have my minidump file analyzed to know why. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minidump-analyzer/ef10114a-916a-4bdb-93bf-4fd1617988c7