Windows 10: WinDefend service and Microsoft Store

Discus and support WinDefend service and Microsoft Store in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I disabled Windows Defender long time ago and it was good until the last windows updates, microsoft store just stopped installing apps due to firewall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by beaconcrap, Jun 28, 2020.

1. WinDefend service and Microsoft Store

I disabled Windows Defender long time ago and it was good until the last windows updates, microsoft store just stopped installing apps due to firewall disabled, as I said it worked until last updates. So I deleted microsoft store to reinstall it through powershell, but i'm having an error about disabled firewall. I have to say that I'd disabled WinDefend service through registry by setting "Start" value to 4, but now when I try to turn it back on this error popping up: WinDefend service and Microsoft Store 88a4b95f-30b7-4f51-924d-c37d4229db7b?upload=true.png

I have full access to the registry, I can change every value and every key except this, I don't know what to do. Sorry for my English I'm not native speaker

:)

beaconcrap, Jun 28, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

What is WinDefend?

Sorry but we are talking about services, and believe it or not, the legit Windows Defender service (Microsoft anti malware that is shipped with Windows Vista, and later, on install) is called WinDefend. And if you don't believe me, try running it yourself: Code: sc start WinDefend[/quote] If you don't want it running (or you have another anti-virus solution running), launch a command prompt in admin mode and do this:
    Code: sc config WinDefend start="disabled" sc stop WinDefend[/quote] Good luck.

temp02, Jun 28, 2020
  3. 1nf3rn0x Win User
    What is WinDefend?

[/quote]If you don't want it running (or you have another anti-virus solution running), launch a command prompt in admin mode and do this:
    Code: sc config WinDefend start="disabled" sc stop WinDefend[/quote] Good luck. Click to expand... That worked, thanks. I'll reboot and see if it stays. Should I be running it or not?

1nf3rn0x, Jun 28, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

WinDefend service and Microsoft Store

What is WinDefend?

Windows Defender can't be started from the "Run" thingy like any other program, it's a service, if you want to start it on your brothers computer you need to run Code: sc start WinDefend[/quote] on an admin command prompt.

temp02, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

WinDefend service and Microsoft Store

1. WinDefend service and Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - WinDefend service Microsoft

2. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  3. Installing gaming services Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing gaming services Microsoft Store: when i open a game, it takes me to the microsoft store and tells me i need to install and game services even though there is no button to install them. I have tried so many ways and none of them work, not even xbox support was able to solve this problem. Please help me, I...
  4. Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Gaming Services Flickering: Whenever I try to open a game, Microsoft Store keeps opening with gaming services page flickering on and off. Closing it re-opens the Microsoft store after 10 seconds. The only way to stop it is to restart the pc. Cannot download gaming services as the page flickers...
  5. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...
  6. Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming services will not update in Microsoft store.: Gaming services will not update in the Microsoft store. It has been like this for months. It causes an issue with the Xbox app on my laptop. I try updating it on the Microsoft store and through the Xbox app. But neither works. The Xbox app says it needs gaming services to...
  7. Microsoft store services not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store services not working: I was having problems with games in the win 10 Xbox. I immediately went to look at threads on the internet on what to do and none of the steps worked. After attempting to delete and reinstall some games they got stuck at "starting installation" and wouldn't even let me cancel...
  8. WinDefend MsMpEng.exe and WdNisSvc NisSrv.exe registered as Non-system service from...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WinDefend MsMpEng.exe and WdNisSvc NisSrv.exe registered as Non-system service from...: hello, i hope someone would help me out but windows defender files acts as a non-system service. it looks weird since it is an essential service in windows but it is registered as a non-system service. can i confirm this? i scanned every scanners possible malwarebytes,...
  9. Can anyone explain why admin cant kill windefend service?

Can anyone explain why admin cant kill windefend service?: Hi! How do I kill current scan on my computer? All I can ever find in the internet is how to stop windows defender completely, but is there a way to stop the service just temporarily? It's gone in some infinite loop and scanning status is not even showing up in windows...
  10. WinDefender notification issue

WinDefender notification issue: Hi, WinDefender notification does not work properly on a threat (test, eicar.com). Notification does not come up and of course, there isn't any sound! Although it shows it on Taskbar [img] , when I click on white (action center) icon, there's nothing in there. As for...