Windows 10: WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions?

Discus and support WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too high, usually more than 200M sometimes 600-800M, do you have any solutions? Doesn't Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by microsoft honorary, Jul 13, 2021.

1. WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions?

WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too high, usually more than 200M sometimes 600-800M, do you have any solutions? Doesn't Microsoft have a solution? I saw a lot of methods on the Internet and I was talking nonsense! Others are still confirming copy and paste, and I don't want to help others solve the problem at all, maybe I don't understand it at all!

:)

microsoft honorary, Jul 13, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

What is WinDefend?

Sorry but we are talking about services, and believe it or not, the legit Windows Defender service (Microsoft anti malware that is shipped with Windows Vista, and later, on install) is called WinDefend. And if you don't believe me, try running it yourself: Code: sc start WinDefend[/quote] If you don't want it running (or you have another anti-virus solution running), launch a command prompt in admin mode and do this:
    Code: sc config WinDefend start="disabled" sc stop WinDefend[/quote] Good luck.

temp02, Jul 13, 2021
  3. 1nf3rn0x Win User
    What is WinDefend?

[/quote]If you don't want it running (or you have another anti-virus solution running), launch a command prompt in admin mode and do this:
    Code: sc config WinDefend start="disabled" sc stop WinDefend[/quote] Good luck. Click to expand... That worked, thanks. I'll reboot and see if it stays. Should I be running it or not?

1nf3rn0x, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Solaris17 Win User

WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions?

What is WinDefend?

um no

windows defender is

MSASCui.exe

windefend is supposed to look like windows defender but it is not.

Solaris17, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions?

1. WinDefend Windows Defender Antivirus Service occupies too much, do you have any solutions? - Similar Threads - WinDefend Defender Antivirus

2. Windows 10 occupies too much Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 occupies too much Memory: Hi! So recently I've bought a new Laptop from Dell Dell Inspiron 3501 i5. So a few days after I bought it, the laptop started to crash randomly including the apps.I see that opening only one tab from internet-based apps like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, uses 300MB of...
  3. Windows 10 occupies too much Memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 occupies too much Memory: Hi! So recently I've bought a new Laptop from Dell Dell Inspiron 3501 i5. So a few days after I bought it, the laptop started to crash randomly including the apps.I see that opening only one tab from internet-based apps like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, uses 300MB of...
  4. Windows 10 occupies too much Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender using too much RAM: Hello everyone, looking at my Task Manager, I've noticed throughout the day that the "Antimalware Service executable" has been eating more and more RAM - it's up to around 2GB now, which is definitely not normal. The task is using 0% of the CPU resource, as well as 0% HDD....
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  7. WinDefend service and Microsoft Store

WinDefend service and Microsoft Store: I disabled Windows Defender long time ago and it was good until the last windows updates, microsoft store just stopped installing apps due to firewall disabled, as I said it worked until last updates. So I deleted microsoft store to reinstall it through powershell, but i'm...
  8. Windows Defender Taking too Much Time

Windows Defender Taking too Much Time: My windows defender is now in its 21st hour doing a full scan. Is this normal? How long should it take? [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-taking-too-much-time/e1e68879-0e78-4e99-9052-de943e38cdaf
  9. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  10. Windows Defender is using too much CPU

Windows Defender is using too much CPU: Antimalware Service Executable process is using way too much CPU (55-60%) and my total CPU usage never falls under 90% unless I stop it manually and everything's back to normal again. I really don't wanna keep disabling it, but I have no choice currently. Anything I can...