Windows 10: WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...

Discus and support WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't turn on the option "Check apps and Files" in Reputation-based protection. It says "This setting is managed by my administrator". However there... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IbrahimPlays, Jan 16, 2021.

1. WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...

I can't turn on the option "Check apps and Files" in Reputation-based protection. It says "This setting is managed by my administrator". However there is only one user on my laptop and that's me and I'm the administrator. What do I do?

I recently had a malware on my computer, however I removed it.

I've also scanned multiple times with MalwareBytes and WinDefend, no virus as of now.

WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my... c4157ef8-bcb9-4af4-a357-33782549ee1d?upload=true.png

:)

IbrahimPlays, Jan 16, 2021

2. WinDefender says Sleep Timeout is set to infinite, even after I set it to another setting

This morning I came across WinDefender warning about my battery life. It said sleep timeout was set to infinite and it shouldn't be infinite for whatever reason.

Now, firstly, I knew that it was set to infinite, I had set it to infinite, that's how I use my PC.

Secondly, I set it to 5 hours just to get rid of that annoying warning sign on my system tray, it it was all good for a few minutes. No warning signs, everything was green and OK. Then, WinDefender gave the same warning again. I check the settings only to
    see that Sleep Timeout isn't set to infinite, and WinDefender keeps telling me that it is set to infinite.

This is clearly a problem and I have no idea what may cause this or how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

On another note, is it possible to use WinDefender only as an Anti-virus? I mean, is there an option to turn down that Device Performance and Health thing?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

sakamibuya, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Asus Transformer t100ta won´t turn on Win10

Yesterday was reading on it. All of a sudden turned off and now it won´t turn on

GabrielaAraya, Jan 16, 2021
  4. WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...

Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...

1. WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my... - Similar Threads - WinDefend won't let

2. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  3. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't let me set a pin: My PC will not let me set a PIN for Windows Hello. Every time I open my PC I have to send a code to my dad in order for me to 'set a new pin', but every time I set a new pin it says 'something went wrong' so I skip the step to let me into my desktop. The only issue from there...
  4. My pc won't let me set a pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Won't let me open my internet setting and I can't turn on my internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me open my internet setting and I can't turn on my internet.: I restored my files on my laptop today, and now I can't seem to connect to the internet now. Can anyone help me? I can't go to the internet settings, it just crashes immediately....
  6. Windows hello says I need to set a PIN but won't let me

Windows hello says I need to set a PIN but won't let me: I cannot log into my computer, a screen appeared telling me I need to set a Windows Hello PIN but when I try to set one it won't go through and says please try again, I also cannot skip and go back to sign in with my password, I never used a PIN with that computer, that...
  7. My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some...

My Lenovo Laptop won't let me set up windows hello. In the account settings it says "some...: this is my personal laptop and I payed for it myself. It was not given to me by any institution or business. I use my Colorado State University email often but my Microsoft account is linked to my personal email. I want to set up windows hello and would love some help with...
  8. My laptop won't let me turn on my "location". Also it keeps saying "Managed by your...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop won't let me turn on my "location". Also it keeps saying "Managed by your...: It won't let me do anything even though I am the administer. So what does it mean by "organization"? How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-turn-on-my-location-also-it/f0fa5d83-2e41-4577-9085-2dc0d1c30589"
  9. Windows won't let me change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't let me change any settings: My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right...
  10. won't let me open Settings or control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    won't let me open Settings or control panel: Hey, ever since i upgraded to windows 10, whenever I try to get onto control panel or settings it says "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system admin" when I am the admin and I have not put any restrictions...