Windows 10: windirstat.exe

Discus and support windirstat.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Where can I get a copy of windirstat.exe, please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matt Leithold, Jun 11, 2020.

1. windirstat.exe

Where can I get a copy of windirstat.exe, please?

:)

Matt Leithold, Jun 11, 2020
  2. danniboy Win User

Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files

So, I was wondering why my 1TB HDD was down to 11GB after I had only used 72GB for games and whatnot. I looked around on some other forum threads and found out that I could use WinDirStat to discover any unknown files if they happened to be on my hard drive. As it shows in my first screenshot, there are 848GB of unknown files.

windirstat.exe [​IMG]

I was then reading more about how to delete or figure out what these files could be. Many people suggested to use TreeSize, so I checked that out.

windirstat.exe [​IMG]

And nothing...
    Does anyone have any ideas on what this could be and how I could get rid of it?

danniboy, Jun 11, 2020
  3. AlinNYC Win User
    Does WinDirStat clean by itself?

Hi-I finished running WinDirStat! How do clean for more space?

AlinNYC, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

windirstat.exe

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

windirstat.exe

1. windirstat.exe - Similar Threads - windirstat exe

2. 384GB HDD space used. WinDirStat can only find 326 and PC Health Checkup around the same.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    384GB HDD space used. WinDirStat can only find 326 and PC Health Checkup around the same.: In File Explorer, Properties, C: is used for 384 of the 909GB.WinDirStat however shows less. PC Health Checkup by Microsoft also shows less.How? Why? Where is the other remaining Gigabytes?...
  3. 384GB HDD space used. WinDirStat can only find 326 and PC Health Checkup around the same.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    384GB HDD space used. WinDirStat can only find 326 and PC Health Checkup around the same.: In File Explorer, Properties, C: is used for 384 of the 909GB.WinDirStat however shows less. PC Health Checkup by Microsoft also shows less.How? Why? Where is the other remaining Gigabytes?...
  4. 384GB HDD space used. WinDirStat can only find 326 and PC Health Checkup around the same.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat: I have a Windows 11 laptop with a 1Tb HDD secondary storage. I seem to be unable to access about 250Gb of this. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?"Disk Management" and "This PC" say: 122Gb free of 931GbWinDirStat as admin says: 582.8Gb used. 122Gb free of...
  6. 1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat

1Tb HDD is showing 705Gb capacity with WinDirStat: I have a Windows 11 laptop with a 1Tb HDD secondary storage. I seem to be unable to access about 250Gb of this. Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?"Disk Management" and "This PC" say: 122Gb free of 931GbWinDirStat as admin says: 582.8Gb used. 122Gb free of...
  7. Recycle bin shows empty on File Explorer, but WindirStat shows it taking up space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin shows empty on File Explorer, but WindirStat shows it taking up space: My C drive was almost full and I tried to clean it up by moving folders to recycle bin and deleting them. While some of the space has been released, My C drive still consumes a lot of space.If I try the "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" from an elevated command prompt, I get a...
  8. Recycle bin shows empty on File Explorer, but WindirStat shows it taking up space

Recycle bin shows empty on File Explorer, but WindirStat shows it taking up space: My C drive was almost full and I tried to clean it up by moving folders to recycle bin and deleting them. While some of the space has been released, My C drive still consumes a lot of space.If I try the "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" from an elevated command prompt, I get a...
  9. WinDirStat. Disk space usage. What does this column header mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WinDirStat. Disk space usage. What does this column header mean?: What is [0:32 s] ? 2TB HDD. Is that percentage HDD fee? Why the weird format? Rest of entries are x% https://imgur.com/pOAkObh submitted by /u/CortexExport [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot locate or delete WinDirStat files: So, I was wondering why my 1TB HDD was down to 11GB after I had only used 72GB for games and whatnot. I looked around on some other forum threads and found out that I could use WinDirStat to discover any unknown files if they happened to be on my hard drive. As it shows in my...