Windows 10: Windoes 10 Pro fresh install - Windows Settings freeze

Discus and support Windoes 10 Pro fresh install - Windows Settings freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I did a clean Windows 10 pro 64 bit install version 20H2 OS 19042.746 with Windows Pack Experience 120.2212.551.0. When I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ITM., Feb 6, 2021.

1. ITM. Win User

Windoes 10 Pro fresh install - Windows Settings freeze

Hello,

I did a clean Windows 10 pro 64 bit install version 20H2 OS 19042.746 with Windows Pack Experience 120.2212.551.0.

When I click on the Windows icon at the taskbar and click on Settings, sometimes the Settings windows will not open. Sometimes it will open, but the links on it System, Devices, Apps, Update and Security, etc. are dead. I click on them and they do not work, the new window does not open.

I close the Settings frozen Settings Window and when I open it again, the links will work properly. Sometimes, when I click on one of the links, lets say System, it will take longer than normal to open it. Sometimes, it will open quickly.

I believe there is some sort of bug there, but not sure.

Problem is that with intensive work 14 hours per day, at the end of the day we get exhausted with this issue, forcing me to open Settings two times, and the delays on opening the subsequent menus.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Rgs

IM

:)

ITM., Feb 6, 2021
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Terentino Win User
    Samsung 950 pro or Windows 10 / both issues ....

That is strange. Got my 950 Pro 10 days ago and I had zero issues with it. No freeze, lockup or anything.
    Everything worked from day 1.

Try:
    - use only the 950 Pro (Disconnect all other SSDs from the mainboard)
    - if you have more RAM Dimms try removing one by one
    - check settings in BIOS. Should not be set to AHCI (but than you would have not been able to install Windows) *Smile Windoes 10 Pro fresh install - Windows Settings freeze :).
    - Try a fresh install of Windows 10
    - Try installing the drivers:
    http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/minisite/SSD/global/html/support/downloads.html

It should work 100% with Windows 10

Terentino, Feb 6, 2021
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Windoes 10 Pro fresh install - Windows Settings freeze - Similar Threads - Windoes Pro fresh

2. Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Freezes after fresh installation: Hi, I am having issues with a fresh install of Windows 10 20H2 on a new computer. I download the iso from Azure portal, then putting it into a usb with rufus. After the installation, the pc reboot. On the first screen some prints appears like preparing devices and so on...
  3. Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.

Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.: I decided to do a complete fresh install of windows using a bootable usb drive removing all the data from the hard disk. But since then I have done 8-9 fresh installation of windows 10 2004 and I am encountering issue in which it freezes completely after 10-15 min and...
  4. Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freshly installed Windows 1909 freezes: I’ve just installed Windows 10, 1909 using the USB flash drive. But most often my PC is not booting in the login screen because it freezes at the start. So it is impossible even unlock my computer. If it manages to get to the login screen, it freezes. Sometimes I am able to...
  5. Windows 10 fresh install freezing

Windows 10 fresh install freezing: Hello, so I have build a new pc for my girlfriend im installing windows 10 with the media creation tool via usb. The beginning goes well enough, but once it restarts the pc it freezes before it finishes booting. I have installed with 2 separate drives same problem, I have...
  6. Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed

Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed: Hello, My desktop has been constantly freezing and sometimes giving me BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR within minutes of window startup. It seems to operate normally in safe mode. What troubleshooting steps can I perform to fix this issue? Desktop Spec. CPU: G4560...
  7. Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Different points

Windows 10 Fresh Install Freezing at Different points: I posted a BSOD thread yesterday where essentially after installing some MS and drivers and a Windows update, my computer literally became unusable. Eventually, I decided to just revert back to the default state so that at least the computer will be useable for work that I...
  8. Windows 10 freezing after fresh install

Windows 10 freezing after fresh install: Hello, I built a PC recently, and it is currently running well on a mechanical hard-drive. Last night I attempted to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on an SSD, but the PC is now freezing regularly. Sometimes the PC restarts itself after the cursor becomes unresponsive....
  9. Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install

Freeze / Reset after fresh Windows 10 install: PC ran fine for few days then froze / crashed and reset few times earlier. Any help appreciated *Smile *Cool*Cool Files: Attachment 86923 (Previous thread) Solved PC freeze, reset during games - Windows 10 Forums 54466
  10. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro: I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My question is: If I were do perform that upgrade, and later on in the future I have to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, will I be...