Windows 10: Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way.

Discus and support Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Good part of the day. When my laptop's keyboard is standing by for a while (at least 10 minutes, sleep mode is included) some keys like as 'Q', 'S',... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Thomas D. Q., Jun 3, 2019.

1. Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way.

Good part of the day. When my laptop's keyboard is standing by for a while (at least 10 minutes, sleep mode is included) some keys like as 'Q', 'S', 'D', 'G', 'J' and a full stop stop responding at all. After approximately 1 minute of using the keyboard everything works fine until the next break. I tried:

• reinstalling Windows 10;
    • reinstalling drivers for keyboard;
    • sending PC to the service center (they said there're no hardware issues, refused to exchange laptop for a working one);
    • launching ubuntu from USB Boot disk (no issue, i.e. it's Windows' thing);
    • changing power options in windows (PCI-e ->Link power management; USB selective suspend settings);
    • connecting external keyboard, everything works fine.

I suspect power system is guilty for this issue, but I'm not sure. What could you recommend me to do next?

P. S. While was remembering what I've done, keyboard stopped working again. Typing this via on-screen keyboard.

:)

Thomas D. Q., Jun 3, 2019
  2. sciurius Win User

N770 behaving weird

A couple of years ago I got a second hand N770 from a friend and I have been using it frequently and satisfactory. However, for the last couple of mounts it is starting to behave weird, as if it is degrading.

Symptoms:

• It is very difficult to establish a WiFi connection. Most of the times it wrongly reports that no APs are available, or fails connecting to one. Sometimes it reports nearby APs with a very low wignal while in fact the signal is very strong.
    • Connection failure is reported after 5-10 seconds, long before a potential DHCP timeout. Once a connection is established it is stabl and behaves normally.
    • Spontaneous reboots, most often when connected to the charger. Sometimes I connect it to the charger and it reboots within a couple of minutes. Sometimes it just keeps rebooting.
    I suspect the battery but given the charger-reboot issues I'm not sure enough to buy a new battery,

Does anyone recognize this behaviour? Any tips?

sciurius, Jun 3, 2019
  3. ashokseva Win User
    num key 3/pgdn key behaving erratically in windows 10

after upgrading to windows10, I find my laptop behaving awkwardly of late . The pointer starts moving down without any pressing of key . I found out that it is due to the misbehaving of numeric key 3/pgdn . I took out the key and cleaned , but still it
    behaves same way. I suspect this due to some bug in windows 10.

Further the mouse pointer disappears now and then. This never used to happen in windows 8.1.

It would be very helpful if any solution is suggested !

ashokseva, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way.

num key 3/pgdn key behaving erratically in windows 10

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience as mouse and keyboard not working fine after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to connect external keyboard and mouse and check if they are working.

If external keyboard and mouse is working, then follow the below:

Method 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Method 2: Try to update/install the drivers in compatibility mode on Windows 10.

Step 1: Uninstall and update keyboard driver.

Steps to uninstall keyboard driver:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Uninstall.

Steps to Update the keyboard driver.

• Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard.
    • Right on the Keyboard driver
      and click on Update driver software.
    Also, try to search for the drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

Step 2: Uninstall and update mouse driver.

Steps to uninstall mouse driver:

• Select Device Manager.
    • Expand mouse.
    • Right on the mouse driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Steps to Update the mouse driver.

• Select Device Manager.
    • Expand mouse.
    • Right on the mouse
      driver and click on
      Update driver software.

Step 3: Now, I suggest you to start the device in Normal mode to check if the issue persists.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • Under General tab, check mark Normal start-up and click on
      Apply and on Ok.
    • Now select Restart.

Also, try to search for the mouse
    drivers from Manufacturer's website and install them in the compatibility mode.

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way.

1. Windons 10 some keys behave in a weird way. - Similar Threads - Windons keys behave

2. The '2' character key behaving in strange ways

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The '2' character key behaving in strange ways: Hello, I've been having a strange problem with my keyboard for the last couple of weeks but I haven't been able to find a solution.Every time I press the '2' key on my keyboard left side, above the QWERTY, it seems to do something entirely different. Pressing it on the...
  3. The '2' character key behaving in strange ways

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The '2' character key behaving in strange ways: Hello, I've been having a strange problem with my keyboard for the last couple of weeks but I haven't been able to find a solution.Every time I press the '2' key on my keyboard left side, above the QWERTY, it seems to do something entirely different. Pressing it on the...
  4. Keyboard Keys behaving weird

Keyboard Keys behaving weird: Windows key = volume downUp key= brightness lowSpace = enter Backspace = tab+backspace"W" not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-behaving-weird/bb793a97-9597-4b1b-a352-a92c89c7dea8
  5. windons 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windons 10: A customer claims their Sound Card is no longer working after a major Windows Feature Update from 1803 to 1809, what can you do to get their sound working again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windons-10/2fd679de-03ac-4e9f-b4c3-9260a38efadc
  6. Windows is behaving weird

Windows is behaving weird: So I have encountered a strange problem in my windows 10 pc. When I turn on my pc, I am unable to type numbers either through the numeric keypad or the numbers at the top. When I press the number keys on topwithout pressing shift key it types symbols and not numbers....
  7. windons 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windons 10: aplicacaçao watsap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windons-10/da6d646d-fb9d-41bf-a834-62c7e3896ad1
  8. Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly

Alt and shift keys suddenly behaving weirdly: Hi, I have two issues that seem linked, though I can't say exactly how 1 When using "Left Alt+number from number pad + release alt" to enter a special character, only the last digit of the number is taken into account. For instance, if I press Alt+247, hoping to get an...
  9. Windows 10 behaving extremely weird

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 behaving extremely weird: Hi there, I'll keep this tale of woes as short as I can. I was given a Sony Vaio VPCEB1S1E with windows 10 on it. I did not do the install, but from looking at the bottom of it it has a sticker on it for windows 7 with a user licence number. So that would lead me to believe...
  10. Programs flashing and behaving weird.

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs flashing and behaving weird.: Hello all, recently programs on my computer - both games and programs like the disc cleaner, flash weirdly and act strange. I really don't know how best to describe it but basically some parts of a programs window will flash, and the icon on my taskbar will disappear and then...