Windows 10: Windos Continuously Updated USB Driver

Discus and support Windos Continuously Updated USB Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on new Lenovo laptop. Windows regularly updates +10 times since speedometer 29th a usb driver to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MZ_992, Oct 19, 2020.

1. MZ_992 Win User

Windos Continuously Updated USB Driver

Running Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on new Lenovo laptop. Windows regularly updates +10 times since speedometer 29th a usb driver to the same version "Hewlet-Packard - USB 4/8/2019 1.0.0.237. Windows is auto-selecting this and not sure why this keeps getting selected for the same update over and over again. I've read previous posts where others had similar issues I believe a 2017 post/issue and the response has been that you should not update 3rd party software via windows and you should get it directly from the vendor. But I am not selecting to do this, window is auto doing this.

1 why is windows erroneously doing this repetitively?

2 what is the solution to correct this?

Thanks in advance for our help

:)

MZ_992, Oct 19, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

I Need SM-USB 007 Driver

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    USB boot for bios update

Did the first step. It already doesn't work. Note the capacities and drive letters M:/N: The HP utility is about to format my raid-1 volume containing my 2 750gb drives. It thinks it's the usb stick. I can not select any other drives in the HP utility. My 512mb usb stick is U:.

Any other suggestions?

Windos Continuously Updated USB Driver nonono-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Windos Continuously Updated USB Driver

RENESAS USB 3.0 DRIVER NOT WORKING PROPERLY IT WILL NOT RECOGNIZE MOUSE OR WIRELESS KEYBOARD

Hello Roger,

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if
    your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

• Open Device Manger by clicking on
      Windows key + X
      and selecting Device manager
      from the list.
    • Expand the USB section.
    • Find the USB device.
    • Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    • Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

• Click on start, select Control Panel
    • Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    • Find the USB.
    • Right click USB driver and select
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Windos Continuously Updated USB Driver

1. Windos Continuously Updated USB Driver - Similar Threads - Windos Continuously Updated

2. Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers: I'm having an issue where Windows Update keeps downloading and installing incompatible AMD drivers. I have disabled Windows from downloading manufacturer apps and drivers, but it still downloads and installs them automatically. I'm getting seriously frustrated with having to...
  3. Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Continuously Updating Incompatible Drivers: I'm having an issue where Windows Update keeps downloading and installing incompatible AMD drivers. I have disabled Windows from downloading manufacturer apps and drivers, but it still downloads and installs them automatically. I'm getting seriously frustrated with having to...
  4. How to update definitions of a Windoes Defender Offline USB?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to update definitions of a Windoes Defender Offline USB?: Hi. I have created a Windows Defender Offline stick. Can I manually update the definition files on it before scanning with it in the future? [ATTACH] This is the definitions file on the stick. So if I later download the latest definitions from...
  5. slimware driver update windos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slimware driver update windos: slimware. I keep getting windows pop up warnings about drivers needing updates for money. Slim ware had one for 19.95 but after being prompted to call tech support. they are now wanting 49.95 For an online service in which they will take over my computer and fix it for me....
  6. Windows Update USB driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update USB driver: Hi guys, bit of a problem. Every time I get a windows update since May, it uninstalls all of my USB drivers, except 1. The 1 it keeps is consistent so I've plugged my mouse into it and have to uninstall/reinstall all of my USB drivers in device manager buit have to...
  7. USB camera drivers update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    USB camera drivers update: USB camera: image turned down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera-drivers-update/7bad01fe-365d-42dc-8af6-5873aecb6cae"
  8. windoe is not update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windoe is not update: windoe is not update and show the window update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windoe-is-not-update/6ef87cb1-ed66-4586-8a82-41b867766e27
  9. After updating to latest windos update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After updating to latest windos update: any way i can fix this without reinstalling windows again, this is third time i get this after update... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-to-latest-windos-update/f03eac40-cffa-4370-b46f-1f73dc1ede41
  10. Windos 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windos 10 update: Hi Team- My PC accepted an Update Window 10 last week. I've had tons of errors and worked my way through most of them. I reset my PC- Reinstalled the programs I need. However, I still have a GREEN screen when I wake up my PC. Once Microsoft starts and asks for my password...