Windows 10: Windos firewall and files upload abortion

Discus and support Windos firewall and files upload abortion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10. Both ftp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vahastu, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Vahastu Win User

Windos firewall and files upload abortion

Hi,

I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10.

Both ftp clients start uploading files and its take some minutes 10-15 and after that file upload finish and upload stopping.

Messages is I changed domain.com and ip adress- they are not right- only for example:

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode 81,22,4,19,211,179

Command: STOR CHANGELOG.md

Response: 150 Accepted data connection

Response: 226-File successfully transferred

Error: Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted

Error: File transfer failed

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------

Response: 220-You are user number 3 of 80 allowed.

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:26. Server port: 21.

Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login

Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.

Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Error: Connection timed out after 500 seconds of inactivity

Response: 220-You are user number 4 of 80 allowed.

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:27. Server port: 21.

Response: 421 Timeout - try typing a little faster next time

Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.

Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted

Error: Disconnected from server

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:35. Server port: 21.

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:36. Server port: 21.

And so will start loop. If I restart upload it start again and after some minutes will same errors.

I know that problem is Windows firewall because if I turn it off filezilla will upload all files and no problems. I tired also upload to different servers in different locations and with other internet provider and was same bad story. I have router also but it is not problem, because if I upload files with other laptop, where ftp client filezilla and op. system ubuntu it works , no problem and as i told I tried another internet provider without router and there was same problem. I have 2 computers with Windows 10 and they both have same trouble. One Samsung laptop and other Lenovo computer.

I tired reset windows firewall, add exception to filezilla in firewall, Uninstall filezilla ftp client and install it back and nothing helped. I added exception to outbound and incoming ports 21 and 22 no help. I search with google also and I didnt find help to my problem. Ff anybody can give advice I will very thankful. I have used filezilla and windows about 5 year before and no problem. Last time I used about 2-3 month ago and then there was no problem with upload. Before I start upload now files to server 1 week ago I updated filezilla on both computers.

:)

Vahastu, Apr 17, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Windos firewall and files upload abortion

Can't upload images over 95kb, why?

Hello,

Device security, such as firewall can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To provide you the appropriate steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to verify the following:

• What is the file type of the images that you're trying to upload?
    • Where are you trying to upload these images?
    • Is there any third party security software installed on your device? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and check if the issue persists.

We look forward to your response.

Zedrick Del, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Windos firewall and files upload abortion

1. Windos firewall and files upload abortion - Similar Threads - Windos firewall files

2. Reinstalled windos - Recover file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalled windos - Recover file: Hi I've re-installed Windows completely Reset PC and deleted all my old files, I later realized that I forgot to save an important document I saved on my Desktop. Is there any way I can recover this? I don't have an external hard drive or cloud storage.Please helpThanks...
  3. Reinstalled windos - Recover file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalled windos - Recover file: Hi I've re-installed Windows completely Reset PC and deleted all my old files, I later realized that I forgot to save an important document I saved on my Desktop. Is there any way I can recover this? I don't have an external hard drive or cloud storage.Please helpThanks...
  4. File Explorer Just Aborts

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Just Aborts: I am having no success with File Explorer. As the title sez, I try to view folders and files, but File Explorer will appear to be fetching the next query result (files from the selected folder), I get the activity icon turning, I'm waiting,..... and then nothing. All the...
  5. Windows firewall problem uploading files to server with ftp client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall problem uploading files to server with ftp client: Hi, I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10. Both ftp clients start uploading files and its take some minutes (10-15) and after that file upload finish and upload stopping. Messages...
  6. Windos firewall problem then uploading files to server with ftp client

Windos firewall problem then uploading files to server with ftp client: Hi, I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10. Both ftp clients start uploading files and its take some minutes (10-15) and after that file upload finish and upload stopping. Messages...
  7. File upload

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File upload: I currently can't upload any files to any Drive, be it Google or Microsoft. It's not a browser issue as well. When i use Edge something popped up in Task Manager. "file picker ui host not responding" Appreciate any help...
  8. uploading files

in Windows 10 Customization
    uploading files: When I upload a file, then try to open, it shows up like in a different style that I can not read. How do I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-files/410671e1-cdf7-4148-bdf8-974b0c9de4ec
  9. Help Abortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help Abortion: When I open file location on help link in program files, it takes me to Documentation and properties shows "C:\Program Files (x86)\borland\interbase\help\ib32.hlp" When I click the link, it takes me to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10 not...
  10. windows firewall upload rule

windows firewall upload rule: anyone can help with windows firewall cant find option for limit upload? nvm 26702