Windows 10: Windos firewall problem then uploading files to server with ftp client

Discus and support Windos firewall problem then uploading files to server with ftp client in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10. Both ftp... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kalle, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Kalle Win User

Windos firewall problem then uploading files to server with ftp client

Hi,

I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10.

Both ftp clients start uploading files and its take some minutes (10-15) and after that file upload finish and upload stopping.

Messages is (I changed domain.com and ip adress- they are not right- only for example):

Command: TYPE I

Response: 200 TYPE is now 8-bit binary

Command: PASV

Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (81,22,4,19,211,179)

Command: STOR CHANGELOG.md

Response: 150 Accepted data connection

Response: 226-File successfully transferred

Error: Disconnected from server: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted

Error: File transfer failed

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

Response: 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------

Response: 220-You are user number 3 of 80 allowed.

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:26. Server port: 21.

Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login

Response: 220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.

Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.

Error: Connection timed out after 500 seconds of inactivity

Response: 220-You are user number 4 of 80 allowed.

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:27. Server port: 21.

Response: 421 Timeout - try typing a little faster next time

Error: GnuTLS error -110 in gnutls_record_recv: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.

Error: Could not read from socket: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted

Error: Disconnected from server

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:35. Server port: 21.

Response: 220-Local time is now 06:36. Server port: 21.

And so will start loop. If I restart upload it start again and after some minutes will same errors.

I know that problem is Windows firewall because if I turn it off filezilla will upload all files and no problems. I tired also upload to different servers in different locations and with other internet provider and was same bad story. I have router also but it is not problem, because if I upload files with other laptop, where ftp client filezilla and op. system ubuntu it works , no problem and as i told I tried another internet provider without router and there was same problem. I have 2 computers with Windows 10 and they both have same trouble. One Samsung laptop and other Lenovo computer.

I tired reset windows firewall, add exception to filezilla in firewall, Uninstall filezilla ftp client and install it back and nothing helped. I added exception to outbound and incoming ports 21 and 22 no help. I search with google also and I didnt find help to my problem. Ff anybody can give advice I will very thankful. I have used filezilla and windows about 5 year before and no problem. Last time I used about 2-3 month ago and then there was no problem with upload. Before I start upload now files to server 1 week ago I updated filezilla on both computers.

:)

Kalle, Apr 17, 2020

2. Suggest FTP client

i need a ftp client like smartftp in which i can add files to upload in queue and i can set schedule time like from 2am to 7pm etc.. after 7am or completing upload it should shutdown my laptop automatically..

using windows vista homeemium..
    actually i was satisfied with smartftp but it stopped working now..i think trial copy expired..

so suggest me which ftp client i should use?

freebird_9924, Apr 17, 2020
  3. FTP server - with file management/filtering ability

I've been looking (with not much success) to find an FTP server with the following features:

1./ Be able to filter file extensions, (e.g. *.pdf) and/or
    2./ Be able to filter by filename using file wildcards, (e.g. X*.*, or Readme*.*)

Why?
    Because I would like to give a number of people access to a folder, called, say, "database" and subfolders. Clients need to be able to "read only" the directory and sub-folders and SOME files. Whereas employees I want to be able to read and edit ALL files.

I only want the clients to be able to see files that are for their eyes, and not work in progress, or invoice/contract data, etc. For example, .pdf files they could see, but the source files, .doc, I dont want them to have access to. PLUS, if there are files I don't want them to see, e.g. files beginning with an "X", then they are not visible to the client.

Unfortunately, every FTP server seems to have directory rights, but NO features for filename/extension filtering. There must be such FTP servers... but I haven't found one yet.

Can you suggest one? Alternatively, what is the BEST FTP software you have found... and I will approach the developer to add a simple file filter to the FTP server.

lemonadesoda, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Laurijan Win User

How to change FTP-server port.

First I start the no-ip client (for the ftp-server adress).
    Then I set up the ftp-server (adress and ports) and start the server on my PC
    Third I start the client (winscp) on my computer and try to connect to the ftp server adress
    I got Sygate personal firewall and Nvidia Nforce 4 firewall active while trying this

Laurijan, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windos firewall problem then uploading files to server with ftp client - Similar Threads - Windos firewall problem

2. How to setup FTP server without requiring client login ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to setup FTP server without requiring client login ?: Is it possible to set FTP Server for client on same WiFi Network without requiring client login ?I need to transfer via WiFi audio files to a iPod Touch which can no longer login my Apple account.In the "Authorization" section, use the drop-down menu, and select Specified...
  3. How to setup FTP server without requiring client login ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setup FTP server without requiring client login ?: Is it possible to set FTP Server for client on same WiFi Network without requiring client login ?I need to transfer via WiFi audio files to a iPod Touch which can no longer login my Apple account.In the "Authorization" section, use the drop-down menu, and select Specified...
  4. How to setup FTP server without requiring client login ?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  6. Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting to FTP Windows 10 FTP server: Total newb here. Trying to set up a file server in Windows 10. I've set up IIS services FTP service, FTP extensibility, and IIS management console. I created a test site with a physical path to a local folder. I set up a port forward 21 with xFinity they say my server doesn't...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall + Windows FTP Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall + Windows FTP Server: Why is windows defender firewall disobeying my firewall rules? Enabled Windows FTP Servers via Windows 10 Features. Rules are in the firewall allowing FTP access for both passive & control rules were injected through enabling the service. FTP packets are dropped by the...
  8. Windows firewall problem uploading files to server with ftp client

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall problem uploading files to server with ftp client: Hi, I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10. Both ftp clients start uploading files and its take some minutes (10-15) and after that file upload finish and upload stopping. Messages...
  9. Windos firewall and files upload abortion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windos firewall and files upload abortion: Hi, I have problem with files upload to server. I tired with Filezilla and Cyberduck and both have same symptoms. Op. system Windows 10. Both ftp clients start uploading files and its take some minutes 10-15 and after that file upload finish and upload stopping....
  10. Ftp server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ftp server: Hello I was wondering if there is any app or a way that allow me to sharing files with computers that are not on my network. 112192