Windows 10: Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem.

Discus and support Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I use Windows 10. I have two screens set on my pc, one is a 1980X1080 PC monitor and the other a 4K 3840X2160 Smart TV. I have to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlxP., Mar 12, 2021.

1. AlxP. Win User

Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem.

Hello

I use Windows 10.

I have two screens set on my pc, one is a 1980X1080 PC monitor and the other a 4K 3840X2160 Smart TV.

I have to set "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 200% in order for everything on the 4K TV to look proportional.

I used to have text size and other proportional related problems with some apps, others had problem with the 4K TV, others with the PC monitor.

But I found a solution, I go to each problematic app's exe file and tick it to "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and set "Scaling performed by:" to System and most of them seem to work ok after that.

For one problem I haven't found solution yet and this happens only on my PC monitor:

On the Desktop when I move a file to a folder for example the text that pops out is huge:

Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem. 993e9b3c-209c-49b4-8464-47ecc3594f8e?upload=true.png

And the area around the hidden icons on the Start Up is bigger that it should be:

Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem. 3c8cda26-5bd3-4855-b353-6fa76dbd124e?upload=true.png

Is there a way to fix this particular problem or an overall solution for the different resolutions to not clash with each other, so I will not have to go to each app that has a problem and tweak its settings?

Thank you.

:)

AlxP., Mar 12, 2021
  2. erniewain Win User

icon text size

hi there this was not realy helpful, i only want to change the text size of icons and change the text so it looks better on my screen, but thanks for trying ok

erniewain, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 12, 2021
  4. Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem.

Reducing the size of text in Windows 10

Hi,

I appreciate your efforts.

Try to change the resolution of the screen and check if it helps.

• Right-click on the desktop. Click on Display Settings.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings.
    • Then try to change the resolution to recommended one.
    If the issue persists, then try to change the text size.

• Right-click on the desktop. Click on Display Settings.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings.
    • Click on Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • Then click on change only the text size. In the drop down select Icons and size. Click on Apply.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem.

1. Window 10, 2 screens with different resolution, Desktop text/icon size problem. - Similar Threads - Window screens different

2. Different text size on 2 ,omitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different text size on 2 ,omitors: Can someone help explaning / fix the following. In Windows 11 I cannot adjust my text size different on the 2 monitors I am using. One monitor is the laptop and if I click on monitor 1 and adjust text size it adjusts it on both monitors. The same goes for the custom scaling....
  3. Different text size on 2 ,omitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different text size on 2 ,omitors: Can someone help explaning / fix the following. In Windows 11 I cannot adjust my text size different on the 2 monitors I am using. One monitor is the laptop and if I click on monitor 1 and adjust text size it adjusts it on both monitors. The same goes for the custom scaling....
  4. desktop icons size problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons size problem: hi, i have a problem with my icons on desktop i cant move them to another part because they involve together just like this photos. i want all of [IMG][ATTACH]my desktop icon settings to back to default settings... can you help me? thank you so much....
  5. Desktop icons are different sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons are different sizes: Why would downloaded or made online ico files be different sizes on the desktop. They are all 256px by 256 arent they? I have several folders on the desktop. The icons are for these folders. Thanks all 173606
  6. Maximum Windows 10 desktop resolution size

Maximum Windows 10 desktop resolution size: Hello! What is maximum supported windows desktop size / resolution ? Please don't imply it's up to GPU / graphics driver / monitor / cable etc. Please assume I have 4 x 8k monitors supported by my graphics card / cable / driver and want to arrange them as extending-right;...
  7. 2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer?

2 screens - different sizes of the mouse pointer?: I have 2 identical monitors with the same resolution connected to my laptop. Since my PC has only one HDMI output, I connected the 2nd monitor with a USB-HDMI adapter. So far, everything works fine, except that the mouse pointer is much larger on one screen. I use the...
  8. Screens are same size but different resolution.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screens are same size but different resolution.: I have 2 screens, my main monitor that is 1440p, and a TV above it that is 1080p. They are identical in size, but due to their different resolutions windows detects the TV as being smaller. This means trying to move the mouse from the top right side of the monitor hits an...
  9. Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors: Bug 10 is bug 10 Tell me why there are 3 icons on the left monitor? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-desktop-icons-in-2-different-monitors/f5de5a46-2938-4744-b3fd-6d1e6c3f0b38"
  10. Windows 10, screen resolution problem with 2 screens

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10, screen resolution problem with 2 screens: Hi, Couldn't find a solution for my problem in the other posts so here it goes. Currently I'm using 2 screens for my pc, one is a regular screen and the other one a 46'' LG TV. They both are running with a 1920x1080 resolution, which appears as native in both of them....