Windows 10: Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome

Discus and support Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, last Thursday, June 10th my computer was updated with the latest Windows 10 May 2021 update. Since it was installed, Google Chrome crashes when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Scallion69, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome

Hi, last Thursday, June 10th my computer was updated with the latest Windows 10 May 2021 update. Since it was installed, Google Chrome crashes when I try to use it. I took it to Geek Squad, and they removed Chrome and reinstalled it 3 times with no luck. When I tried, to go back to my system before the update, I am only offered the option to go back to June 11th when Geek Squad worked on the computer. Now they want to use the "nuclear option" of removing my operating system and re-installing it. A huge headache I am trying to avoid t all costs. I know I can switch to another browser like

:)

Scallion69, Jun 16, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 16, 2021
  3. google chrome crashes in Windows 10

Hello Diane,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the exact error message when Google chrome crashes?

I understand chrome crashes in Windows 10. The issue might arise due to various reasons, including system file corruption or due to user profile corruption.

In order to troubleshoot the issue, I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2:

You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 16, 2021
  4. Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome

Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome

1. Window 10 2021 Update crashes Chrome - Similar Threads - Window 2021 Update

2. Solidworks 2021 Crashing after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solidworks 2021 Crashing after Update: Hello. I had been using windows 11 to run solidworks 2021 with no problems since September 2022 until my computer automatically updated either update KB5019980 or KB5007297 on November 9th or 10th.I don't want to be that guy blaming the update, but i've done enough...
  3. Solidworks 2021 Crashing after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solidworks 2021 Crashing after Update: Hello. I had been using windows 11 to run solidworks 2021 with no problems since September 2022 until my computer automatically updated either update KB5019980 or KB5007297 on November 9th or 10th.I don't want to be that guy blaming the update, but i've done enough...
  4. EDGE VS CHROME 2021!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EDGE VS CHROME 2021!!: i wanted to know the speed web loading time and responsiveness of edge vs chrome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-vs-chrome-2021/b8046942-798b-4cf5-bee5-b11e142c65c7
  5. 2021 windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2021 windows 10 update: I've had the same laptop for about 5 yrs now and I have NEVER had a single issue with it until the recent update in January, and I've had NOTHING but problems. I only use my computer really for the Sims, it took me 3 months to finally get it to work wouldn't have taken so...
  6. windows 10 crashes bsod after update 2021 feb again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 crashes bsod after update 2021 feb again: I Am still having a lot of issues with windows 10 update 2021 feb. I installed the updates for the second time and i still getting BSOD and the pc completely crashes. Can someone please help...
  7. Windows 10 crashing chrome

in Cortana
    Windows 10 crashing chrome: Whenever I open chrome and add a new tab chrome crashes suddenly with no warning. I thought my computer is slow to response but I checked task manager my CPU Usage was normal and there's some issue with chrome itself....
  8. chrome crashing after quality updates to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chrome crashing after quality updates to windows 10: My PC updated last night/ early this morning with updates KB4565483 AND KB4565633. Since this morning when I open chrome it stays up for about 15 seconds and crashes. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome but the same thing keeps happening. I ran the trouble shooting...
  9. Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Google Chrome Crashing on Windows 10: Upon opening the Google Chrome Browser, the browser kept crashing after 5 seconds the window closed. The only way to fix it was to delete the google folder from the appdata, local folder, under IT guidance. Is this a Microsoft Operating System problem or a Google Chrome...
  10. Chrome crashing after update to win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome crashing after update to win 10: Hello I recently updated my laptop to win 10 and i had to stop using chrome because it crashes. i tried to re-install it and it didnt help when i open any kind of video on chrome and play it on full screen it crashes and i cant open chrome for some amount of time. it sais...