Windows 10: Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System

Discus and support Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Problem:Windows 10 20h2 keeps failing when running the update on a freshly formatted system with nothing on the harddrives. When the update fails, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jbroadwe, Nov 6, 2021.

1. jbroadwe Win User

Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System

Problem:Windows 10 20h2 keeps failing when running the update on a freshly formatted system with nothing on the harddrives. When the update fails, it throws one of two different errors each time. Errors:0x800700A10x800***** -> Error regarding update failed due to network connection being lostTroubleshooting done so far:Re-format all hard drives, re-install Win10 Home from Official Microsoft Win 10 USBDisabling / Uninstalling all antivirus and third party applicationsRan Windows Update TroubleshooterUpdating Mother board BIOS to latest one gigabyte.comUpdate Drivers before Windows 10

:)

jbroadwe, Nov 6, 2021

2. 20H2 In-place upgrade cant keep personal settings and files on 20H2 clean install

When trying in-place upgrade on a clean windows 10 pro 64 install I cant keep personal settings and files, only option is to keep nothing.

It says maybe my windows is installed in different folder / older version of windows.

- The same again on a second fresh installation of windows 20h2 on my system.

- Both on SATA drive and on new clean NvMe in RAID 0 config.

- Reseting bios does not help

- sfc, dism, - no change

- windows is installed in default folder

- everything was/is on default

- never had this issues prior to 20H2

- I use latest 20H2 iso version, downloaded multiple times with same results

Asus rog strix X570-e, ryzen 3600xt, 2xnvme ssd in raid 0, 32 gb ram 3600 mhz, gtx 1080, 2xsata ssd, current build 19042.610

RomanFdemortormen, Nov 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2021
  4. Morku Win User

20H2 system files corrupted on a clean Windows installation sfc /scannow

Hi,

I have noticed that sfc /scannow corrected system files. I wonder. So I tested again on a clean Windows 10 20H2 installation and run directly after sfc /scannow.

Preparation for testing:

• I used VMware Workstation 16.0.0
    • I created a new virtual machine with default Windows 10 profile
    • I disabled the Network Adapter, the OS has
      no internet the whole process
    • I used the latest official Windows 10 ISO file Win10_20H2_English_x64.iso (md5: e80f6ce987b2bba288469e7379129e12) Build 19042.508
    • Mounted the ISO in VMware

Installation:

• So I started to install Windows 10
    • Install Now, No product key, Windows 10 Home, Language en-us, install on the unformatted 60GB drive etc.
    • After reboot, I used "no internet" for local Account, name: admin, no password, disabled all the telemetry trash
    After successful start, I started directly cmd.exe with administrator privilegs and run sfc /scannow.

It will found corrupted systems files.

Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System [​IMG]

It didn't let me post the log here, so I made a Screenshot.

What is going on here?

I repeated the steps with de_windows_10_business_editions_version_20h2_x64_dvd_ce126f3b.iso (md5: 35df62707e53c2064641ccd5b91acb8d)

Type license: Enterprise

After repeating the steps above, the result is the same.

Morku, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System - Similar Threads - Window 20H2 Keeps

2. Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System: Problem:Windows 10 20h2 keeps failing when running the update on a freshly formatted system with nothing on the harddrives. When the update fails, it throws one of two different errors each time. Errors:0x800700A10x800***** -> Error regarding update failed due to network...
  3. Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 20H2 Keeps Failing on New / Clean System: Problem:Windows 10 20h2 keeps failing when running the update on a freshly formatted system with nothing on the harddrives. When the update fails, it throws one of two different errors each time. Errors:0x800700A10x800***** -> Error regarding update failed due to network...
  4. Windows 20H2 keeps failing at 97%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 20H2 keeps failing at 97%: Hi,I'm trying to update to windows 20H2 but it gets stuck at 97% then undoing changes i try to update like 10 times but it fails every time I have a powerful computer I don't understand why it fails...
  5. Windows 20H2 keeps failing at 97%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 20H2 keeps failing at 97%: Hi,I'm trying to update to windows 20H2 but it gets stuck at 97% then undoing changes i try to update like 10 times but it fails every time I have a powerful computer I don't understand why it fails...
  6. Windows 20H2 keeps failing at 97%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 update to 20H2 keeps failing

Windows 10 update to 20H2 keeps failing: Hi everyone, I’m really struggeling getting the 20H2 update installed. Error 0xC1900101 – 0x30018 keeps being returned. I have tried everything from other posts. - I have deleted my anti-virus and VPN - Turned off Windows defender - Dism and sfc have been sone and...
  8. Windows 10 fails clean install on new build

Windows 10 fails clean install on new build: I am working on building a new gaming PC, and am trying to install a copy of windows 10 using the USB tool. After creating a partition and unpacking files, the installer goes to reset. While in the "getting devices ready" stage, it is routinely failing install, and giving...
  9. Update to Windows 10 20H2 Keeps Failing

Update to Windows 10 20H2 Keeps Failing: This is AtulSharma9 here and i m continuously facing an issue. Whenever I get the Windows 10 20H2 Update, it fails to install when restart is completed. And the error code shared is 0xc1900101. I have a Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Built 18363.1139 Please suggest some...
  10. Clean installing keep failing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean installing keep failing: As it say in the title, windows 10 keep failing during installation. I tried with the Windows Media Tool and with an ISO and rufus. It keep failing at the last stage, which say "being completed". It does install,as I can see in the window to install Windows,the ssd started at...