Windows 10: window 10 already activate

Discus and support window 10 already activate in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As title said.....I upgrade to window10 from my , but when i went to activate it in update and secruity,it already was......How can this be,i didnt get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by tray, Aug 30, 2015.

1. tray Win User

window 10 already activate

As title said.....I upgrade to window10 from my , but when i went to activate it in update and secruity,it already was......How can this be,i didnt get a product key or activate it

:)

2. Same Microsoft account on different PCs

I bought a new PC so it doesn't have Windows 10 activated. I am already an Insider so the question is: can I use the same Microsoft account already activated on the old PC to activate Windows 10 on the new PC?

Eduard Visinescu, Aug 30, 2015
  3. Dee. D Win User
    Windows Activation

I keep receiving alerts to activate Windows 10 but my systems says that Windows 10 is already activated

Dee. D, Aug 30, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Because it goes off of your original Windows installation on your computer.

bro67, Aug 30, 2015
  5. Phone Man Win User
    If you upgrade an activated W7 or W8.1 system W10 will auto activate during the upgrade using the old key.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 30, 2015
  6. AddRAM Win User
    Yep, there`s nothing you have to do, you are set *Smile

AddRAM, Aug 30, 2015
  7. tray Win User
    Thanks everybody*Smile

8. window 10 already activate

note if you want to perform a clean install of 10 now that you upgraded you can
    just download it from Microsoft using their download tool to an iso or put on a usb flash drive

follow the link choose the architecture of your pc and choose the current version you have installed
    if home or pro it has to match current system
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

icpwolverine, Aug 30, 2015
  9. Cliff S New Member
    One thing to add, you do not enter a key during the clean install. It will ask 3 times, but you should just:
    1.skip
    2.skip
    3.Do this later(bottom left corner)

Cliff S, Aug 30, 2015
  10. bro67 Win User
    The biggest issue with that, is if you do a upgrade to say Windows 8.1 Pro from the OEM version. It will end up not let you activate under either key. Used to be that you could use the upgrade key, if you went from say Windows 8 Home to Windows 8 Pro. You are stuck having to do an in place upgrade, and you have to choose to delete any previous drivers, etc., during the upgrade process.

bro67, Aug 30, 2015
  11. worked fine for me... I originally had 8.1 home oem... upgraded to pro.... windows update upgraded to 10 pro.... running on one hard drive took it out inserted a clean second hard drive clean installed 10 from link activated

maybe you missed a step... I didn't have any issues

icpwolverine, Aug 30, 2015
  12. Normally, if you clean install Pro on a system that did the free upgrade to Home, it will not activate. It's only qualified for Home. That's the way it's supposed to work anyway. The same thing will happen if you install Home on a system that did the free upgrade to Pro. It won't activate. I've seen a few posts where somebody downloaded the wrong ISO to do a clean install with after doing the free upgrade, and this is what happens. "Why won't Windows 10 activate?". Posts.

alphanumeric, Aug 30, 2015
  13. window 10 already activate

If you add a PID.txt file with the generic key in it, you won't have to do the skip. *Wink It will activate just fine too.

alphanumeric, Aug 30, 2015
  14. I'm not sure if I totally understand your post? But, my laptop came with 8.0 Core, that's the OEM key in the BIOS. When I did my free upgrade it was running 8.1 Pro with my MSDN key. I got 10 Pro. It activated just fine also.

alphanumeric, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. window 10 already activate - Similar Threads - window already activate

2. Activate Windows after already activated for years.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows after already activated for years.: Around November 2021 I downloaded a windows update that seems to have had corrupted my ucrtbase_clr0400.dll ver 12/7/19 file. Making me unable to install or update programs Discord wouldn't open because it needed an update and emulators wouldn't install. I would get a bad...
  3. Asking to activate windows after already activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Asking to activate windows after already activated: I originally bought a pc with windows 8.1 installed and the product key sticker on the side. I later upgraded to windows 10 for free. I upgraded this pc with a new motherboard some months ago. This week it asked me to active windows again, so I typed in the windows 8.1 key...
  4. Windows 10 randomly asking for activation when it’s already activated!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly asking for activation when it’s already activated!: This started happening ever since I downloaded the 20H2 update back in October, it happened 7 times so far, running troubleshooting from the activation settings solves it, but it’s getting really annoying, is there anything that I can do to stop it once and for all? Or is...
  5. Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?

Windows 10 asking to activate an already activated key?: I've had this windows 10 pro version a while (upgraded from Windows 8 pro years ago when they were doing promos for 10), but coupel days ago I've had a watermark on my main screen saying to activate windows and go to settings. I tried this and nothing worked. Is this the same...
  6. Windows activation but its already activated

Windows activation but its already activated: So yeah when ever I set windows to hibernate & turn it on after it shows me the activate windows logo & it won't go away until I restart my computer and my computer takes like 4 minutes to start anybody have a fix submitted by /u/youssefaghazane [link] [comments]...
  7. Activating Windows 10 after it's already installed

Activating Windows 10 after it's already installed: I'm running Windows 10 using Parallels on a mac Windows was corrupt Parallels support helped me reload a new copy of Windows (but didn't activate before installing) Now I can't activate my account Even though I've signed in to my Microsoft account and I think linked it...
  8. "Activate Windows" message on a already activated Windows

"Activate Windows" message on a already activated Windows: Hi,since I updated to 1903,the message on the border of the screen saying that I need to activate Windows appears two times daily,one at afternoon and one during dawn,this is annoying and also causes fps drops on the videogame I'm playing when this happens,as I stated on the...
  9. Activate already activated Windows 10

Activate already activated Windows 10: Hello there, I have a year old Lenovo laptop which I reset a month ago. It came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home edition. I updated everything after resetting and things were working just fine. I hadn't used it since then and when I turned it on today, it asked me to...
  10. i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated

i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated: Hello, if i want to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop ( i have a windows 10 home oem already activated , it was already activated on laptop when i bought the laptop and i don't have the activation key ) do i need the activation key ? The product id is :00325-95800-00000-AAOEM...