Windows 10: Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

Discus and support Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This has been the bane of many a user. I found a solution that worked with my Alienware Laptop, but I don't claim it to be a universal fix. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dyn2cme, Jul 5, 2018.

1. dyn2cme Win User

Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

This has been the bane of many a user. I found a solution that worked with my Alienware Laptop, but I don't claim it to be a universal fix.

There is a dimming feature linked to the camera. It is designed to dim the screen to off when you walk away from the computer as a security feature. It allows you to hide the screen and then open the screen as you left it with a password when you return. I was able to eliminate the problem by turning off device access to the camera.

Go to - Settings - Privacy - Camera - Camera access to this device is on - Change - Toggle to Off position -Camera access to this device is off.

Problem solved for me. I suspect there are different reason for this problem with different systems.

:)

dyn2cme, Jul 5, 2018

2. Dimmed brightness

I have a problem with the dimmed brightness. my monitor always dimmed when I view something that have a low brightness. I change the dimmed brightness setting, turn off the adaptive brightness but my monitor still dim. I'm not sure its a driver issue as
    there is no update for my display driver. I am using hp pavilion g4 with intel hd graphic

IQBALKAIJU, Oct 27, 2018
  3. bjosh27 Win User

i have been looking for a fix for this for a few days and everyone else that ask has been asking for laptop and non for desktop. i want to disable to the auto brightness/dimming on windows 10. it is extremely annoying when i'm playing a game and it comes
    to the dark part the whole screen start to dim which makes it harder to see. i tried going to system and changing it in the power advance setting where i found dimming been removed but instead brightness has been place there. i tried disabling it and it didn't
    stop the auto dimming. does any one have any ideals? i was able to disable it in windows 8 but since i upgrade i cant turn it off.

***Edited subject by the Moderator for clarification***

bjosh27, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Hi Edward,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• What are the steps you have tried to dim the brightness?
    As you are not able to adjust the brightness, I suggest you to update the display adapter drivers in the Windows 10 and check if it helps.
    Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 brightness/dimming cant turn off - Similar Threads - Window brightness dimming

2. Turning off screen dimming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning off screen dimming: Hello,I am fighting an automatic screen dimming. With most of the screen black, any white surface even a cursor which is above around a third of the screen height will make the screen brighter, when I move the cursor down, the screen dims. There seems to be at least three...
  3. Turning off screen dimming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning off screen dimming: Hello,I am fighting an automatic screen dimming. With most of the screen black, any white surface even a cursor which is above around a third of the screen height will make the screen brighter, when I move the cursor down, the screen dims. There seems to be at least three...
  4. brightness cant be turned down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness cant be turned down: after the new version I couldn't turn down my brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-cant-be-turned-down/efd29d9e-98b7-4273-9ba9-81031c1f3a56
  5. Turning off adaptive brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off adaptive brightness: Hi, when I use my laptop on a dark screen, the brightness of the screen immediately turns substantially darker but when using on a light screen, the brightness immediately turns brighter. May I know if this is because adaptive brightness is enabled and how do I turn it off?...
  6. Dim Brightness

Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  7. My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness

My lenovo laptop screen turns off if I remove the charger or dim the brightness: I have a lenovo yoga 500. Whenever I am working on it I have to keep it plugged in and the brightness 100% or the screen goes black. F9 only brings it back for a few seconds and it goes black again. The laptop doesn't shut down or go to sleep it works as it was, it's just the...
  8. Brightness dims on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims on game: So ive come to this issue where Destiny 2 dims brightness on launch. I have tried to fox brightness but its so dim. I put brightness up on computer settings no change. I put brightness to max on game and still very dim. it doesnt seem to be a game issue has it works fine on...
  9. Brightness dimming on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness dimming on its own: It has been going on forever and I am getting sick of it. When I am playing a game or watching a movie, the brightness goes down it dims all by itself.. But the bar does not so I have to scroll it up and down till it goes back to normal. I have checked the nightlight and all...
  10. Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness not working or turning off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Adaptive Brightness not working or turning off: [ATTACH] If Adaptive Brightness is not working or turning off on your Windows 10, I am sure that something in this post will help you fix the issue. Adaptive Brightness helps you get the brightness automatically based on the light around [...] This post Windows 10 Adaptive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant stop screen from auto dimming windows 10

2. windows 10 keeps dimming screen when reading

3. windows stop dimming based on image brightness

4. hp turn off brightness dimmer,
  5. hp brightness dimming machine automatically