Windows 10: Window 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing

Discus and support Window 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If i buy a new copy of windows 10 will it fix this issue? Will i be able to get to the boot screen where i can start repairing my bcd. I tried doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by x URBANZ x, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Window 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing

If i buy a new copy of windows 10 will it fix this issue? Will i be able to get to the boot screen where i can start repairing my bcd. I tried doing create media tool on a dvd but it didnt work.

:)

x URBANZ x, Oct 7, 2018
  2. CL_2015 Win User

Window 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing

similar problem with error. the blue screen came up after the computer freeze and I had to turn it off.

Your PC/ Device needs to be repaired

The Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information.

File: \BCD
    Error Code: 0xc00000034

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media, If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer."

have gone through step 1

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

download window 10 onto the USB

have change boot setting to read USB

after insert to the surface pro 3

it reads

window failed to state. a recent hard ward or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer

2. choose your language setting, and then click next

3. click repair your computer.

if you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

file: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

info: the boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contain errors.

when I purchase surface pro 3 there is no disc, and upgrade to window 10 have no disc either... please advice.

CL_2015, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information WINDOWS 10

Boot Configuration Data file is missing some required information

Upon reboot, I ge the following message:
    "Recovery
    Your PC needs to be repaired
    Error Code: 0x000000d

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media, If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer."

I've followed steps of doing bootrec/rebuildbcd - it says "add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A) - I've tried to select Yes and All but it comes up with the requested system device cannot be found.

I really don't want to lose my data so any suggestions would be great?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate / PC**

AimeeReid123, Oct 7, 2018
  4. CL_2015 Win User

A blue screen came up with the following message after the computer freeze and I had to turn it off.

Your PC/ Device needs to be repaired

Error Code: 0xc00000034

have found solution in the post but unable to resolve.

have gone through step 1

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

I have download window 10 media creation tool onto the USB

have change boot setting to read USB

after insert to the surface pro 3

the screen changed to black and white and it reads

window failed to start. a recent hard ward or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer

2. choose your language setting, and then click next

3. click repair your computer.

if you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

file: \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD

info: the boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contain errors.

when I purchase surface pro 3 there is no disc for the window 8, and the recent upgrade to window 10 have no disc either... please advice.

CL_2015, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing - Similar Threads - Window Cannot startup

2. Cannot boot into Windows 10 at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot into Windows 10 at startup: I have Windows 10 and my program files on a 500GB SSD. The drive was almost full so I tried cloning the C: drive to a 1TB SSD. I also elected to format the drive for GPT to be Windows 11 ready.Somewhere along the way, things went bad and the clone process did not properly...
  3. Cannot boot into Windows 10 at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot into Windows 10 at startup: I have Windows 10 and my program files on a 500GB SSD. The drive was almost full so I tried cloning the C: drive to a 1TB SSD. I also elected to format the drive for GPT to be Windows 11 ready.Somewhere along the way, things went bad and the clone process did not properly...
  4. Cannot boot into Windows 10 at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot Start PC: Missing Boot Configuration Data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot Start PC: Missing Boot Configuration Data: Windows version: 10.0.19041.631 I reinstalled windows 10 with the keep data and app option a week ago. Today, a BSOD happened and it was something like "page fault in nonpaged area". I forgot to record down the specific message. Now I cannot start my PC at all. I get this...
  6. Installing windows - Boot configuration missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows - Boot configuration missing: Okay, so I am a bit confused here. I wrote a windows 10 iso to my flash drive on /dev/sec using dd in Linux, as i am looking to just reinstall due to compatibility. When I boot into the flash drive without uefi, it just boots into my grub install instead and skips the drive....
  7. windows 10 boot logo missing during startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 boot logo missing during startup.: When my Dell inspiration 3595 laptop boots its not showing the windows 10 boot logo. After the dell logo black screen with loading circle appears and start, not showing window 10 LOGO .how to fix it ?...
  8. Windows 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing: Ive done everything from downloading the windows file and burned it to a dvd needed to start up my pc so that I can start the bcd fix but it just loops over and over again back to my bios and i cant get to recovery option to repair my pc. What the heck am i doing wrong?...
  9. Windows Startup Configuration?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Startup Configuration?: Hello! I've been thinking... Now with virtual displays and such, it would be really handy to be able to do some startup configuration. For example, on my first display to have opened the internet, on the second to have opened all the different messaging apps that I use...
  10. Windows startup configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows startup configuration: I have an issue that I can't solve; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and everthing installed without problems exept when I start or restart with a usb flash drive inserted, I get "Boot manager is missing". If I remove the flash drive and select Control-Alt-Delete...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. still cant resolve error 0x000000d