Windows 10: Window 10- clock time losing when shut off

Discus and support Window 10- clock time losing when shut off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using window 10 build 1803 updated till 8:45 Am today. For the last seven days I am noticing that the Clock is losing when it is shut off. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by UmasankarBhattacharjee, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Window 10- clock time losing when shut off

I am using window 10 build 1803 updated till 8:45 Am today. For the last seven days I am noticing that the Clock is losing when it is shut off. If I shut it at 11PM at night and start it in the morning at 8AM the time shown on the taskbar clock is far behind the actual time. The gap is about 6 hours . I reset the time manually and it runs without any flaw the whole time it is on.

Incidentally, I have dual booting system with Linux Mint 19 Cinnamon. In Linux there is no such time lag during the shut down period, i.e. if booted in Linux in the morning it shows the correct time at start.

Please help me to overcome this problem in Windows 10.

My mobo is GA-B85M-D3H, Processor I-5 @ 3.10 Ghz, RAM 8GB HDD 1TB.

* Moved from IE other/Win 8.1

:)

UmasankarBhattacharjee, Sep 11, 2018

2. 5800 clock losing time

Has anybody found out how to stop the clock from losing time? I have tried everything that the Nokia help desk has suggested and can't afford to have the phone in at Nokia Care.

Thanks in anticipation

fishhead---01, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 11, 2018
  4. Window 10- clock time losing when shut off

Consistent change of clock time

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the time keeps on changing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I also suggest you to sync the time zone with internet time zone and check if it helps.

• Click on date and Time from the action bar.
    • Click on Add clocks for different time zone.
    • Click on Internet Time Tab.
    • Change according to your preference.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Window 10- clock time losing when shut off

1. Window 10- clock time losing when shut off - Similar Threads - Window clock losing

2. Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off: As the title says.My laptop has been set to auto sync the time for my time zone and my country/region is set correctly. I have to manually click "Sync Now" whenever my Windows 11 Pro laptop boots up from a cold boot.The time.windows.com server wouldn't sync at all, so I...
  3. Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Clock Loses Sync After Laptop Being Off: As the title says.My laptop has been set to auto sync the time for my time zone and my country/region is set correctly. I have to manually click "Sync Now" whenever my Windows 11 Pro laptop boots up from a cold boot.The time.windows.com server wouldn't sync at all, so I...
  4. How to fix display shuts off for a sec when lose focus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix display shuts off for a sec when lose focus?: System:- Windows 11 Pro x64, RX 580, 24GB, Ryzen 5 3600, 240gb NVme- 3 monitors - 2 FHD144hz and 60hz, one 76875hz.Issue: Display shuts off for a sec then turns on when:- I lose focus like alt-tabbing, adjusting the volumevolume level display pops out, or other notification...
  5. How to fix display shuts off for a sec when lose focus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix display shuts off for a sec when lose focus?: System:- Windows 11 Pro x64, RX 580, 24GB, Ryzen 5 3600, 240gb NVme- 3 monitors - 2 FHD144hz and 60hz, one 76875hz.Issue: Display shuts off for a sec then turns on when:- I lose focus like alt-tabbing, adjusting the volumevolume level display pops out, or other notification...
  6. Windows 10 Dell desktop, clock loses time or completely stops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Dell desktop, clock loses time or completely stops?: Why does my desktop Dell clock lose time or completely stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-dell-desktop-clock-loses-time-or/afdd2616-dbd5-4bf5-8f1a-91534fbc376a
  7. Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Shuts Off Internet Access When it's Time For Update: Ive been having this for awhile on my desktop but how can I fix my pc from turning off my internet connection until I update? It happens at any point in time. Ill be doing something such as watching a video and then it wont play, my internet connection shows its fine,...
  8. Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock time is correct but everything else's time is off: [ATTACH]I have a problem on a new computer I just got last month, I only just realized the problem today, the clock that is in the taskbar shows the correct time for my timezone, but for everything else, such as discord. shows time in the opposite time AM PM and the time it...
  9. Windows time clock running slow, losing time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows time clock running slow, losing time.: Hi, I just noticed the clock on my Windows 10 tablet is running noticeably slow. Over the last few days I've seen wrong times and done a manual sync to the time server, which sets it right again. Now, if I bring up the calendar display, it's clear that the seconds are...
  10. Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios

in Windows 10 Support
    Clock constantly loses time, correct in bios: I have a windows 10 tablet and the clock is constantly losing time by significant amounts. Just a few minutes after starting the clock slows by as much as 10min and eventually gets to several hours slow. Yes, the time and timezone are set correctly in settings. Yes, it...