Windows 10: Window 10 clone SID questions

Discus and support Window 10 clone SID questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI all, Need some help to find some information and work around on this : Case: I was preparing the image with no sys prep was done, total of 500... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chang HianToh, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Window 10 clone SID questions

HI all, Need some help to find some information and work around on this :

Case: I was preparing the image with no sys prep was done, total of 500 windows 10 and has been deployed out.

Here are my Questions:

1 What is the impact if Win10 SID is duplicate, any impact ?
    2 how to check if SID is duplicate? UUID and SID the same thing right?
    3 without sys prep will it duplicate the SID?
    4 Is changing the SID of the cloned machine still necessary for Window 10 environment?
    5 If there is an impact, can advise what need to do to fix this issue now?

6 without running the sysprep on win10, is there any other impact I should be concern about?

I was advise to prepare the image using the sysprep /generalize /oobe /shutdown cmd and then capture an image before allow the system to boot from that OS again. but I forget it. now I am in trouble.
    Thank all for your help

:)

Chang HianToh, Apr 10, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Window 10 clone SID questions

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 clone SID questions

1. Window 10 clone SID questions - Similar Threads - Window clone SID

2. Disc cloning question for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc cloning question for Windows 11: I have a Lenovo yoga c930 laptop running Windows 11. It has a 256 GB SSD. I also just purchased a brand new Samsung 990 Evo 1 TB SSD. I ran clonezilla and adjusted the GPT to resize the partition. After cloning I installed the new drive. The problem is after installation,...
  3. Disc cloning question for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disc cloning question for Windows 11: I have a Lenovo yoga c930 laptop running Windows 11. It has a 256 GB SSD. I also just purchased a brand new Samsung 990 Evo 1 TB SSD. I ran clonezilla and adjusted the GPT to resize the partition. After cloning I installed the new drive. The problem is after installation,...
  4. SID info

SID info: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 home cleanly by formatting everything, and I logged in with a new user created for it. Now, going to a file, properties, security - it gives me users and groups 3 lines:SYSTEMS-1-5-21-538851902-18186xxxxxx-512xxxxx-1001 the x's are other...
  5. Clone and activation licenses question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone and activation licenses question: Hello,We work in an area with 20 isolated laptops, that will NEVER touch the internet. We bought 20 windows 10 pro licenses with the one product key.Our normal way of verifying the system and 3rd party software is to find follow a 45-page checklist. I would like to clone one...
  6. Clone and activation licenses question

Clone and activation licenses question: Hello,We work in an area with 20 isolated laptops, that will NEVER touch the internet. We bought 20 windows 10 pro licenses with the one product key.Our normal way of verifying the system and 3rd party software is to find follow a 45-page checklist. I would like to clone one...
  7. Macrium Reflect clone question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect clone question: Hi, I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization is much higher on the source disk. 297gb(source) vs 64gb(target) - Wondering what did not get copied, or what is using up...
  8. Macrium Cloning Question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Cloning Question: This is my HDD layout, [img] . I would like to clone to a SSD. If I choose not to include the Recovery D: partition, will that space no longer used by the D: partition show as unallocated space? Thank you for your help. Windows 10 1909 145762
  9. Mysterious account SID in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mysterious account SID in Windows 10: Account Unknown(S-1-15-3-1024-1065365936-1281604716-3511738428-1654721687-432734479-3232135806-4053264122-3456934681) So when is MS gonna deal with this issue? Remove them if I don't need them? Unknown accounts ? https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in10itprosetup...
  10. SID question

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SID question: My windows firewall is allowing an SID user inbound through Wi-fi Network Discovery dashost.exe. SID-1-5-92-3339056971-12910.... What is dashost and why inbound? Should I remove it? 72253