Windows 10: Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

Discus and support Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; #Windows 10 Pro N after file explorer or some app lunched, some of my app icons from desktop and task bar have changed to Blank app icons. i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nawng LattDum Daw, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

#Windows 10 Pro N

after file explorer or some app lunched,

some of my app icons from desktop and task bar have changed to Blank app icons.

i tried many ways to solve this problem but didn't work.

etc.

- delete IconCache.db from C Drive, rebuild but it doesn't work.

- refresh explore.ex from task manager , it works just a moment, but after file explorer lunched , it happened again.

Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash 40f21b72-79fa-44b2-aeab-b7e2df229276?upload=true.png

:)

Nawng LattDum Daw, Mar 29, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 29, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash

1. Window 10 Desktop and Task Bar Icon crash - Similar Threads - Window Desktop Task

2. Windows 10 Virtual Desktops - different task bar icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktops - different task bar icons?: I would like to hopefully setup my two virtual desktops, personal & work. but I would like to have different task bar icons based off each virtual desktop. Is this possible? How are you guys using Virtual Desktops ? submitted by /u/mfalzon86 [link] [comments]...
  3. Task bar not working & no desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task bar not working & no desktop icons: i’ve been gone for the past 6 months, i got on my computer today and turned it on, it loaded up fine, logged in just to find i have no desktop icons, my taskbar just had the loading circle and i can’t load anything, please help. submitted by /u/AmishCherries [link]...
  4. Task Bar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  5. icons task bar windows 10

icons task bar windows 10: how do I download and put icons on task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-task-bar-windows-10/b136bb28-80bf-4b6a-b737-69cabac98475
  6. Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place

Task bar and desktop icons will not stay in place: Task bar and desktop icons will not stay when replaced win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-and-desktop-icons-will-not-stay-in-place/2e01feaa-3500-451e-b39b-39c89a9b8965
  7. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  8. Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank

Windows 10 Desktop, Task bar, Start icons blank: HIl, I have issue with icons in windows 10, suddenly most of the icons in the desktop, task bar and start menu. I have updated windows to latest build but still same issue. Kindly please help me to solve the issue. Thank you....
  9. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  10. Task bar Icons

Task bar Icons: Why do icons in my task bar show at several different levels at bottom of screen? They all used to be in one line. How do I realign them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/7eba5fc4-cb50-4913-8a7c-0894a9ae651b