Windows 10: window 10 digital license transfer

Discus and support window 10 digital license transfer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I got laptop from prime minister laptop scheme in 2018 with pre installed window 10. After 1 year my window show me a tag that your window is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ASIFRAFIQ, Jun 20, 2020.

1. ASIFRAFIQ Win User

window 10 digital license transfer

I got laptop from prime minister laptop scheme in 2018 with pre installed window 10. After 1 year my window show me a tag that your window is not activate.. meanwhile I link another pc with my Microsoft account and download window 10 from Microsoft.. After installing window 10 ,window was activated and in activation section this was written " window is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". But i want to activate my window on my 1st pc...what should i do....?

:)

ASIFRAFIQ, Jun 20, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Jun 20, 2020
  4. window 10 digital license transfer

Digital License after transfer license to new computer

Uninstalling a product key does not deactivate the license, there is actually no deactivation method. You would still need to contact support to actually invalidate the license on the old machine, so it can reactivate on the new machine.

Transferring the license is a step by step process.

First, you either remove the license from the machine by formatting it.

Install it on the new machine.

Contact chat support, then reactivate.

Where Digital license is handy is when you are still using the machine and reinstall Windows 10 and need to reactivate the license after a significant hardware change, such as a hard disk.

Learn more:

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-window...

Andre Da Costa, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

window 10 digital license transfer

1. window 10 digital license transfer - Similar Threads - window digital license

2. transfer digital license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  3. transfer digital license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer digital license: a windows site suggests de-activating a device to transfer the -license' / key - to a new device. Is this true and possible in the case of --transfer digital license-- ???...
  4. Windows 10 Digital License not transfering.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License not transfering.: Hello, I recently switched PCs and removed my digital license on that pc. I'm now on my new one and windows isn't activated. I've never had this issue before, I have windows 10 home and the digital license is linked to my microsoft account which I already added....
  5. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: Hello, I've recently built a new PC and fresh installed windows via USB. Obviously windows on my new PC isn't activated and I am trying to transfer my digital license from my old PC to the new PC previously purchased retail Windows 7 and upgraded to 10 for free. I've...
  6. Digital License transfer

Digital License transfer: I just got a new laptop, and on my old one, I have a retail copy of windows 10 home single language with a digital license linked to my microsoft account. How do I transfer that digital license to my new laptop? Do I just have to log in to my microsoft account on the new...
  7. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: I'm about to upgrade my HDD to an SSD, but I'm not sure how to go about getting my copy of Windows 10 onto it. I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 years ago, and used the free upgrade to Windows 10 within the past couple of years. I've since lost the original install disc,...
  8. Transferring a digital license

Transferring a digital license: I had an old laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I upgraded that laptop to Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. This old laptop does not boot up or work anymore. I have a new laptop now that came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I want to transfer the...
  9. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: I have been reading a few of the older threads but thought it might be better to open a new thread. My desktop was running retail Windows 7 Pro and upgraded to Windows 10. It received a new key and the 7 key was no longer valid. Last night I did a clean Windows 10 install on...
  10. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: Hello, I am having trouble transferring my Windows 10 license from my old laptop to my new PC. My laptop came with Windows 8 Home installed, but I later purchased the retail version of Windows 8 Pro, and then also upgraded to Windows 10 with the free upgrade. I used...