Windows 10: window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive

Discus and support window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just add my 2nd HDD into my pc, but window doesn't recognize the HDD. I see in the device manager but doesn't show up in file explorer or storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AustinLAM1, Jul 6, 2019.

1. window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive

I just add my 2nd HDD into my pc, but window doesn't recognize the HDD. I see in the device manager but doesn't show up in file explorer or storage setting.
    I try scan for hardware changes, uninstalling it and updating driver.

window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive b36a7275-af58-4601-8e53-9e655780471f?upload=true.png

window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive 84fec9d0-bd65-45ea-b7b2-410812225e8a?upload=true.png

:)

AustinLAM1, Jul 6, 2019
  2. lwebay Win User

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my 2nd hard drive

Well, I didn't have to "officially name it", but the following link hielped me.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-does-not-recognize-second-hard-drive

In device manager, I found my second hard drive and did "scan for hardware changes" and in properties, I did Populate. I don't know which, of any of those things worked, but the drive was finally recognized and the C partition was automatically changed to
    E.

Anyway, it's useful to look and see if the new drive appears in the Device Manager > Disk Drives list before looking in Disk Management.

lwebay, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Hard drive not recognized Windows 10

Hi Curtis,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance you required to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Is the portable hard drive connected to your PC via USB cable?

2. Did you get any error message that the drive was not recognize by your PC?

For now, I would suggest that you check if the USB cable that connects the hard drive and the PC is not damaged. If not, then I would suggest that you connect your hard drive to another PC and check if the device is recognized in that particular computer.

If the device gets recognized, then I would suggest that you connect the external hard drive, open File Explorer and check if the drive has an assigned letter. If not, open Disk Management while the drive is connected to the system and follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the Start Menu and select Disk Management

2. Right click on the external drive>Select New Simple Volume and
    assign letter to the drive.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 6, 2019
  4. window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive

Windows 10 doesn't recognize my 2nd hard drive

1st drive is a 1tb SSD and is recognized in bios and device manager

2nd drive is a 1tb HHD sata is recognized in both the bios and the device manager but is not shown in explorer

curseddiamond, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive

1. window 10 doesnt recognize my 2nd hard drive - Similar Threads - window doesnt recognize

2. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  3. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not recognizing hard drives: Hi,occasionally when I turn on my PC more when I restart it, the storage settings in windows doesn't recognize 3 of my drives only the drive it is installed on. when I go onto "This PC" all the drives are there and completely fine which is good however I can't run windows...
  4. Windows not recognizing hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows not recognizing hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing hard drive.: I was testing some Windows ISOs and when i cleaned everything and get backed to original windows i didnt have my 2nd hard drive appearing in the file explorer.When I was testing this ISOs I messed with the BIOS but I'm not really good at tech so i think I kinda messed up?I...
  6. BIOS DOESNT RECOGNIZE MY DRIVES

BIOS DOESNT RECOGNIZE MY DRIVES: Hello, I was installing Ubuntu in dual boot, I have an ssd and a hard drive, I was setting up the ssd as the main boot disk and the hdd as the /home disk for storage, in the process my pc crashed and it rebooted the system. My bios opened and reseted itself and doesn’t...
  7. 2nd hard drive not showing win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd hard drive not showing win 10: I'm trying to take a sata hard drive (with existing data) from an older win 10 machine and add it as a second drive on newer win 10 machine (also sata). First time I've done it. I've watched YT videos on how to configure the 2nd drive but it's based on the 2nd drive showing...
  8. Hard drive not recognized

Hard drive not recognized: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing ssd drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  9. New computer build. 2nd hard drive not recognized by win 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New computer build. 2nd hard drive not recognized by win 10: My motherboard bios recognizes the second drive and device manager shows the drive. File manager does not. Disk Management does not show the drive. The drive is a Western Digital drive. Their Lifeguard program says the drive is working properly. It is a new drive. Presumably...
  10. Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.

Windows 10 not recognizing my second hard drive.: I did a clean install from Windows 7 to 10 earlier today. I have a second hard drive with stuff on it (at least 100 GB), and the only other drive besides Local Disk (C:) is System Reserved (D:) (which isn't showing anything in the drive currently.)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my doent my pc reconise my second hard drive

2. pc doesnt recognize second hard drive

3. windows doesnt recognize second hdd