Windows 10: Window 10 Education caused my computer to lag

Discus and support Window 10 Education caused my computer to lag in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My school gave me a product key from a website today. I typed the product key into the 'Activitation' setting and after that it told me to restart so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 043264, Apr 28, 2020.

1. 043264 Win User

Window 10 Education caused my computer to lag

My school gave me a product key from a website today. I typed the product key into the 'Activitation' setting and after that it told me to restart so I did.

But the problem was after I restarted, I noticed my games started to lag a lot more. Before, I used to play a game called Rocket League with normal FPS. Now I can't even play because of how laggy it is.

I'm very disappointed and I would like to know how I can fix this problem. I hope someone can help me learn how to make my computer go back in time before the activitation key tragedy. Microsoft Edu really killed off my computer.

:)

043264, Apr 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Windows 10 Slideshow causing major system lag

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the make and the model number of the system?

Which build version of Windows is installed on the computer?

This issue could be caused when the drivers are not up to date after a hardware changes, you can try the troubleshooting steps below so that we can narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Update graphics driver.

1. I suggest you to
      update graphics drive from device manager
      and check, to find the graphics driver from device manager, you can expand the
      display adapters from the device manager.
    2. I would also suggest you to check if there are any other drivers with a yellow exclamation mark, if so, please update the specific drivers by following the steps provided in the article above.
    3. You can also try to put the system under
      High Performance and check if that helps you, do to that you can.

1. Click on Start and then
      Control Panel.
    2. From the list of displayed item under
      Control Panel click on Power Options, which takes you to
      Select a power plan page. If you do not see
      Power Options
      , type the word 'power' in the Search Control Panel
      box and then select Choose a power plan.
    3. By default, the option to change power plans is disabled. To enable this, click the
      Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    4. Choose theHigh Performance
      option
    5. Close the Power Option
      window.

Method 2: Improve system performance.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to follow the article on

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    and check if this helps you.

Disclaimer: The last step on this article contains the steps to
    Reset your PC, I suggest you not to perform that step, as it will wipe the data and application on your computer.

If you still need any further help, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Window 10 Education caused my computer to lag - Similar Threads - Window Education caused

2. Recording with any program causing entire computer to lag.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording with any program causing entire computer to lag.: I've tried everything I can think of, from upgrading RAM to uninstalling and rolling back drivers, but I can't find out why my whole computer lags when recording games. Just having OBS open does the same thing, but it's mostly on discord. Other programs show my fps is...
  3. Recording with any program causing entire computer to lag.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording with any program causing entire computer to lag.: I've tried everything I can think of, from upgrading RAM to uninstalling and rolling back drivers, but I can't find out why my whole computer lags when recording games. Just having OBS open does the same thing, but it's mostly on discord. Other programs show my fps is...
  4. Reatime Protection causes my windows to lag

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reatime Protection causes my windows to lag: When I insert my mouse or any other usbs on my laptop, my windows lags. But if I disable real time protection from windows defender, the lag dissapears. This is most likely caused by real time protection. I need a solution regarding this and I don't want to disable real time...
  5. Selling computer with windows 10 education?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Selling computer with windows 10 education?: I tried to do some research, but have not really found any info. I am selling my gaming pc that I built, but I have windows education that I got through my university on it. I told the new buyer it has windows downloaded but didn't think if the education version would be an...
  6. Windows 10 explorer ? keeps causing lag spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 explorer ? keeps causing lag spikes: Hi all, I have a 5-ish year old ASUS TP300 notebook laptop with Windows 10 on it. For a while now I've been having an issue where my CPU usage jumps from 50% use again, ish nominal to 100% use spikes every 10 seconds or so. I'm not a tech genius by any means but I have a...
  7. Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.

Windows 10 Moving mouse causes lag.: I have Windows 10 Home Ver. 1909 OS Build 18363.720 [ATTACH] When I move my mouse it causes my computer to pretty much begin lagging. It doesn't do it so much outside of applications but when playing games it chugs heavily. Same with chat applications. Anything animated...
  8. What caused my Computer's Audio to Start Popping and Lagging?

What caused my Computer's Audio to Start Popping and Lagging?: What causes a computer to randomly start having audio issues? I'm dealing with popping and laggy audio. It seems to get worse if I start doing anything that requires the computer to think, like play a video game, run Chrome (opening another tab, scrolling too fast) opening...
  9. My computer/Windows 10 is lagging/freezing

My computer/Windows 10 is lagging/freezing: I'm not sure if it's because of Windows 10 or this is just a hardware problem in general, but when I try typing the program always tends to lag/freeze/delay and the only way to stop this is by clicking anywhere on the screen to resume. The cursor just randomly disappears and...
  10. Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 causing lag with online gaming: I tried Windows 10 and found that Guild Wars 2 had such bad lag that it was unplayable. I had a ping of 1360 as one point when it had been in the 60-80 range previously. Internet web pages took painfully long to load. I have an excellent ISP and have never had complaints...