Windows 10: Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

Discus and support Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Window 10 File Explorer seems not able to display the metadata (e.g., Title, Contributing Artist, Album Artist, Album, etc.) of some FLAC files, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Patrick_Yeung, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

Window 10 File Explorer seems not able to display the metadata (e.g., Title, Contributing Artist, Album Artist, Album, etc.) of some FLAC files, the contents get truncated, blanked out, or replaced with other funny character. I can see the problematic metadata are populated with the correct details in my other audio playing application. This problem seems to be limited to the FLAC files only, and only happen recently in Window 10 File Explorer.

Below are my current Windows specifications:

Edition - Window 10 Home

Version – 1809

OS build - 17763.503

Does anyone know how to fix the issue?

Patrick

:)

Patrick_Yeung, Jun 1, 2019
  2. IsaacDaly Win User

FLAC metadata support

What is the metadata support like in Windows 10 for FLAC metadata? At the moment an edited subtitle tag for a FLAC file, which was done in WMP, does not show up when the file is synced over OneDrive to another device. Is the full range of the WMP tags going
    to be available for Windows?

On a side note, is metadata like subtitles be available in the Groove Music app?

IsaacDaly, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

Displaying the Comments Property for FLAC files

Is there something special about a FLAC file that prevents Windows 10 File Explorer from displaying the contents of the Comments Property?

I am using the Comments Property field to log the catalogue numbers of my digitised record collection. When I view MP3 files with File Explorer, it displays the contents of the comments field along with the title, artist, track no, etc. However, if I convert
    the files to FLAC format, the properties remain except for the comments that now appear blank. But, if I convert the files back to MP3 then the comments reappear. So it seems that the Comments Property data is saved but File Explorer is unable to display it.

Do I have File Explorer installed and set up correctly?

Is there a problem with File Explorer itself?

Any advice gratefully received.

Mark

WirelessValve, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

1. Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files - Similar Threads - Window File Explorer

2. Cannot write file metadata on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot write file metadata on Windows 10: I know this question had been posted hundreds of time, I've read through a dozen discussions/questions and none of them resolve the issue.I cannot edit mp3 file metadata on Windows 10 Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1586I right click on the mp3 file -> properties -> details and...
  3. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  4. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  5. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Metadata not showing on File Explorer: Hello, metadata file propriety details are not showing on File Explorer. I have tried CHKDSK, SFCSCANONN and still nothing. I work with videos and I often need to check their lenght, width and height. Someone can help me?Thank you...
  7. Flac metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Flac metadata: I have some Flacs that need some metadata edited but win10 can't? Mp3s can be edited just fine but Flacs are a no-go? Edit: It also can't even read the length of the Flac submitted by /u/THEK4I [link] [comments]...
  8. Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files: [ATTACH] The title sums it pretty much. I include an image for clarification. Is it possible to fix it? How? Note how MP3 work perfectly submitted by /u/thmasker [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows Explorer won't allow the "Rating" tag to be set or displayed properly for .flac files.

Windows Explorer won't allow the "Rating" tag to be set or displayed properly for .flac files.: I've begun to re rip all my CD's as .flac and to my surprise, I cannot edit the "Rating" tag. I have spent countless hours rating all my music. Even if I use 3rd party software to edit this tag, it does not display properly in Windows Explorer. It stays as blank. All...
  10. File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer does not display embedded album art in FLAC files: I do remember clearly that in Windows 8.1, I was able to see embedded album art in FLAC files in File (Windows) Explorer. But after Windows 10 got here, this stopped. I can only see them in MP3 files. Did something happen to this functionality? Can anyone confirm this (or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tag&rename flac tags not visible in file explorer

2. flac tags dont show up in windows file explorer

3. windows 10 file explorer not displaying some tags from flac files

4. file format window 10 display correctly,
  5. windows 10 not showing tags flac files,
  6. file explorer windows 10 not desplaying metadata in details,
  7. window explorer cannot display,
  8. metadata flac win 10,
  9. windows 10 cannot change album artist on flac file