Windows 10: Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager

Discus and support Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 3 Flash Drives, all the same (generic bought from my son's high school supply store). They all worked on my old laptop, an Acer, with Windows 8,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaniellePerillo, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager

I have 3 Flash Drives, all the same (generic bought from my son's high school supply store). They all worked on my old laptop, an Acer, with Windows 8, but is broken. None of them are showing up in the device manager on my new (refurbished) Dell Inspiron 14 with Windows 10.

I need more storage because Windows cannot update. I deleted every app that I downloaded to my Dell to get more storage for the updates, but it wasn't enough. (I've since reinstalled the apps.)

I tried to do the clean installation of Windows 10 but I didn't have enough storage for that either (which I don't understand because I thought it wipes everything clean and reinstalls). Regardless, I must find a way for Windows 10 to read the flash drive so I can expand the storage.

Please help!

Thanks.

:)

DaniellePerillo, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

EXTERNAL AND FLASH DRIVE WONT SHOW DRIVE NAMES ON WINDOWS 10

Hi,

By default, Windows will recognize an external hard drive or a flash drive as “Local Disk” if the storage device was not configured and has no label on it. To resolve your concern, we recommend that you may put a label on your storage devices using
    the Disk Management Tool in Computer Management. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button and select Computer
      Management.
    • Under Storage, select Disk Management.
    • Physical drive letters are shown including the partition, right-click on each drive and select
      Properties.
    • Name your storage device or put a label on it.
    • Click Apply.
    • Use File Explorer to view your external devices or flash drive with a label on it.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Oct 15, 2018
  3. DaiB Win User
    Second SATA drive showing in BIOS but not Device Manager

I've just added a 2nd HD to my Dell system with Win 10. It shows in the BIOS and Seagate tools finds it. It does not show up in Device manager or Computer Management/Storage - Disc Management or anywhere. Not sure if this si Won 10 specific. Anyone else seen this or has any suggestions?

4. ChiefZeke Win User

Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager

USB Mass Storage Device (Flash Drive) and three operating systems

Multiboot system: Win7 w/SP1, Win10 Build 14393.10 (upgraded 8.1), and Win10 Insider Preview Build 14393.10; all 64bit.

One major problem is that in Win10 Build 14393.10 (upgraded 8.1) no flash drive is recognized. This happens if I plug-in the device and boot or boot then plug-in the device. Booting with the device plugged-in: Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    > USB Mass Storage Device has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point included > Properties\General: This device cannot start. (Code 10) - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED. The Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media icon in the taskbar when right-clicked does
    not list the flash drive. If I remove the drive I do hear the 'disconnected device' sound and the item disappears from Device Manager. Plugging the drive back in reverses the process.

I can move this drive to another USB port - same problem. I can try different flash drive - same problem. I can reboot to either of the other operating systems and the drive is recognized using either method.

Uninstalling the device from Device Manager and rebooting has no effect - problem still exists.

If I check Properties the Driver Provider: Microsoft; Version: 10.0.14393.0; Date 21 Jun 06

Booting to Win7 or Insider Preview - the flash drive appears as expected; as do other flash drive plugged into various other USB ports.

I have reviewed many of the proposed 'fixes' posted here - none have worked; I'm open to other suggestions.

ChiefZeke, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager

1. Window 10 - Flash Drive Storage Not Showing In Device Manager - Similar Threads - Window Flash Drive

2. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC: Hey all,I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out the solution to. I just finished building my first PC and have three disk drives, 2 SSDs, and 1 HDD. They are all identified in the BIOS.The first Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB is perfectly visible and appears in...
  3. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC: Hey all,I've run into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out the solution to. I just finished building my first PC and have three disk drives, 2 SSDs, and 1 HDD. They are all identified in the BIOS.The first Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB is perfectly visible and appears in...
  4. 3 Drives show up in Device Manager but only 1 Drive is showing up in Storage and This PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. usb drive not showing in device manager or disc management

usb drive not showing in device manager or disc management: when i plug in my flash drive it doesn't show in the finder. when i attempt to resolve the issue which requires me to find the drive with device manager/ disc management the drive isn't shown in either. the port is working because i can see other flash drives i plug into it....
  6. Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer: I have a sandisk ultra flash drive that I made the mistake of plugging into a printer so that it could scan files directly on to it. I should have known better as printers always find a way to make your job harder, but, it ended up corrupting the flash drive and now I'm stuck...
  7. Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer: I have a sandisk ultra flash drive that I made the mistake of plugging into a printer so that it could scan files directly on to it. I should have known better as printers always find a way to make your job harder, but, it ended up corrupting the flash drive and now I'm stuck...
  8. Flash Drive not showing up in Device Manager or File Explorer

9. double drive showing in device manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    double drive showing in device manager: with this error, my drive is not accessible and all the data from my drive got lost https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/double-drive-showing-in-device-manager/8f3f65f0-0e95-48f2-8acc-a585a39e5515
  10. Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Spaces and Disk Management do not show Storage Space drives: I was using the non-SSD drives shown as a Storage Space. I can see them in Device Manager and if I use the Get-PhysicalDisk command, but I can't see them in Storage Spaces and Disk Management. It appears that two of the drives have failed, the ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. flash drive not appearing in device manager or windows