Windows 10: Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty

Discus and support Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday, I did a window reset because task bar wasn't responding. I chose local download and remove everything. After that i had a lot of issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Swift twist, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty

Yesterday, I did a window reset because task bar wasn't responding. I chose local download and remove everything. After that i had a lot of issues with the installation mostly about it being stuck at certain points but today the installation finished. The problem is when i start it up and log in, it would be responding for around 10-15 seconds then freezes. I was able to check task manager and it was completely empty no service was running and there wasnt any tab shown. I have tried doing DISM/sfc scan/ chdhsk thing but no problem was found.

:)

Swift twist, Aug 17, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

How To Freeze Task Manager

These suggestions will freeze it, but the way you describe the problem, it is not sorted correctly making it jump as you say. Click the column header "Name" to sort the processes alphabetically and that will likely stop the jumping around.

Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 17, 2021
  3. imanalien Win User
    No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Aug 17, 2021
  4. dotmarty Win User

Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty

1. Window 10 freezes after reset and task manager empty - Similar Threads - Window freezes reset

2. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  3. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU load with empty task manager: Run into the issue where task manager shows 100% CPU load while all tasks give 0, already attempted to clear pc of malware with 3 different programs, remove everything in autoloader, update all the drivers, roll back the windows update and kill all the tasks at once with task...
  4. 100% CPU load with empty task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task manager "Processes" tab is empty: Hi all! From a month ago I find when open the Task Manager TM, it does not show any process in "Processes" tab. If I start TM immediately after reboot/logon, it shows everything correctly, until I close and try to open again. Then the tab is empty. I find a...
  6. Empty Startup in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Startup in Task Manager: Hi, There are no startup Programs being shown Task Manager except for a single Program named "program" and when I try opening them through Settings its empty no Programs are shown there as well . Can anybody please help me regarding this issue? I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  7. Task Manager Process tab is empty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager Process tab is empty: I have been having this problem for at least the last year. Task Manager shows information on all tabs *except* the process tab which is empty. I have run SFC and DISM scanhealth and restorehealth in that order and it will work on the next reboot for one to two days. It...
  8. Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10: How to: Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 How to Reset Task Manager to Default in Windows 10 Task Manager can be used to view and manage your processes, performance statistics, app history, users, processes details, and services in Windows 10. When you open...
  9. why is my startuplist empty in task manager?

in Windows 10 Support
    why is my startuplist empty in task manager?: why is my startuplist empty in task manager? i want to delete the windows defender icon from there but i cant find it. help me please. edit: im using this laptop as administrator so i should have all the privileges. 90340
  10. Startup tab in Task Manager empty??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup tab in Task Manager empty??: Hello, I've been on 10 Home since the 29th (Lenovo Flex 2 laptop) and my Task Manager > Startup tab is empty. I have all the programs on my pc that were on it before the upgrade (from 8.1) and I have added a few since then but the startup page just has a greyed out "there are...