Windows 10: Window 10 Freezing Issues

Discus and support Window 10 Freezing Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A couple months ago I started having issues where Windows would randomly just freeze up. This started around the same time that my GPU was starting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ratpic2_1071, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Window 10 Freezing Issues

A couple months ago I started having issues where Windows would randomly just freeze up. This started around the same time that my GPU was starting to have problems and had to send in for repair with the MFG. I then bought a new GPU and upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram and the problems I started with seem to continue to escalate.

What started with GPU fans revving to full speed turned into Windows starting to randomly freeze up. When Windows freezes up its not normal in the type of freezing issues I have seen or been exposed to over the years. I still have mouse movement and I can Alt-Tab through any open windows, but I cannot select any of the windows and when I try to CTRL-ALT-DELETE and select Task Manager I get a blank Task Manager window, making the only way to do anything is to perform a Hard Boot by flipping the power supply switch waiting 10-20 seconds and then power back on. Everything will work fine for anywhere from 1 minute to several hours at times it happens over and over again.

I have been trouble shooting this issue following the advise of many different forums that have had similar issues. I have swapped GPUS again and swapped RAM and still have the same Issues. I have completely formatted and re-installed Windows with a clean install. Updated Bios, gone to every MFG website and installed drivers and also used the generic drivers, ran memory test after memory test, stress test after stress test every thing I run does not find any problems what so ever. Nothing seems to help.

I am hoping someone could help me figure this out and not just point me to another forum that I have already tried,

My System:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI X470 Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance Pro LPX DDR4 3200 32GB

Intel 500GB M.2 Boot Drive

WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 Secondary Drive

Seagate 2TB SATA3 Storage

MSI RTX 2080 Gaming Trio

Corsair 750W PSU

Corsair H60 AIO

Cooler Master SF360 RGB Fans

If you want any system information please let me know and I can supply you with anything.

Thanks,

:)

ratpic2_1071, Apr 10, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 10, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Window 10 Freezing Issues

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

Window 10 Freezing Issues

1. Window 10 Freezing Issues - Similar Threads - Window Freezing Issues

2. Windows Explorer Freeze issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Freeze issue: Device: Dell G3 Description of the problem: Whenever I use explorer through another application ie when downloading something to choose where it is saved, or when clicking browse to find a file, or when I open up explorer myself and navigate to "This PC" or "Downloads" it...
  3. Windows 10 suddenly having freezing issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 suddenly having freezing issues: Hello everyone. This is my first post. I've had my Windows 10 on a PC I built running smoothly for a little over 5 years with no issues. Windows 10 version 2004 (OS Build 19041.804). In the last 5 days or so, the screen will freeze and I'll need to do a soft restart...
  4. Freezing Issues

Freezing Issues: My laptop did an update for Windows 10 2004 on the 25/08/20 and since then lots of things have been freezing every 2-3 seconds for a split second, my cursor, scrolling, typing or watching a video on youtube. I have tried everything and have reset my laptop and nothing is...
  5. Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs

Windows 10: Issue with Random Freezes/Hangs: Hello! Decided to finally ask the question here and maybe get some help solving some issues I have been having with Windows 10. A little background, I have an older computer that has been upgraded over the years that I have had it. I originally tried Windows 10 back...
  6. Windows 10 freeze issue

Windows 10 freeze issue: I have a lenovo y50-70 notebook. I am using Windows 10. Last night while ı am playing a game called cs-go the screen froze. Nothing responded. I shut down by pressing the shutdown button. After restart ı entered my credentials desktop opened but after a couple of minutes it...
  7. Windows 10 power issues and freezing

Windows 10 power issues and freezing: Apology ahead of time if this problem is in the wrong category, I did not know if it should go into power & sleep or system failures as I am experiencing both, please direct me on that if you could. Hello, I have a problem that has been driving me crazy for the past two...
  8. Windows 10 Update freezing issues

Windows 10 Update freezing issues: My computers keep freezing and restarting since the latest Windows 10 Update. How can I uninstall it and go back to the previous version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-freezing-issues/b1dca108-f67a-45ca-8320-a1db20216714
  9. Windows 10 Freezing Issue

Windows 10 Freezing Issue: Hewo! Recently my computer has been freezing alot, it always freezes at random times and after a random amount of seconds it un-freezes. Sometimes when the computer freezes for over 10 seconds the internet disconnects and i need to re-plug it, and if over 60 seconds it can...
  10. Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Fixes the Windows 10 Freezing Issues: Good news! Microsoft revealed that it has solved the freezing issues that have bedeviled Windows 10 users who installed the Anniversary Update, upgrading them to version 1607. And it has released a Windows Update that fixes the problem. “After the launch of the Anniversary...