Windows 10: Window 10 gives wrong folder size

Discus and support Window 10 gives wrong folder size in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Any easy fix to solve wrong folder size displayed in Window 10 ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CK03211, Nov 6, 2018.

1. CK03211 Win User

Window 10 gives wrong folder size

Any easy fix to solve wrong folder size displayed in Window 10 ?

:)

CK03211, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 gives wrong folder size - Similar Threads - Window wrong folder

2. SSD showing wrong size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD showing wrong size in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I built my first computer all by myself. Everything is running great and smoothly. At first, I tried running Linux, then Windows. After several installations for testing purpose, I saw at my surprise that the SSD size is smaller for Windows that it should be. It's...
  3. Windows 10 showing the wrong file size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 showing the wrong file size: I have a problem by some files same as something that explain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-showing-the-wrong-file-size-in-version/8e4b1d9c-53a6-4767-b97f-70a9d4a0a4cf?auth=1 I've tried some ways as: TLPD, TreeSize and etc is there any...
  4. Folder size in Windows 10

Folder size in Windows 10: Hello, How can I show size of folders? Why are they empty? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-size-in-windows-10/34b7db42-3b83-4d00-8933-d571edaf06bb"
  5. File Explorer shows wrong folder size

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer shows wrong folder size: Recently I noticed that in File Explorer when I right click on a folder and click Properties, the folder size is sometimes shown much smaller than the correct size. For example, in File Explorer, Documents shows as 30 MB (repeat 30 MB), while in Tree Size Free the correct...
  6. Windows gives wrong size of folders on propeties menu

in Cortana
    Windows gives wrong size of folders on propeties menu: When i right click on a folder i get the size of the folder, but when i enter that folder and select all sub folders in it and right click on them, i get different size on the propeties menu. (there are no hidden files i missed) Here is the issue, captured on video:...
  7. File Explorer reporting wrong size for some folders, Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer reporting wrong size for some folders, Windows 10 v1809: [img] [img] As you can see from the images above, File Explorer reports that the Windows directory is 2.47GB in size, but if I check the size of one of the sub-directories in the Windows folder (in this case the WinSxS folder), it reports a size of 6.01GB. How can the...
  8. Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option

Windows 10 showing wrong size of folder in properties option: hi, i am having problem with the properties option. i am using windows 10 and just encountered a problem. i was checking the size of one of my folder (in terms of checking how much space it occupies on hard drive). i got some figure around 60.04 GB. just to cross verify i...
  9. Size of windows 10 folder.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Size of windows 10 folder.: My windows 10 folder seems to have been getting out of control in the last year. It went from around 50 GB at the beginning of the year to 75/69 GB at time of posting. Windows keep trying to update and wants more space to do so, then it tries to download smaller updates,...
  10. Windows 10 Folder Size

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Folder Size: Hi, When any of you right click on the Windows folder, what size is yours as I get 91.8GB... Can't believe how big this OS is and that's only the Windows Folder... UPDATE - It looks like the folder Windows/Logs is the problem it's over 70GB... The problem is the Service...