Windows 10: Window 10 in an outdated laptop having trouble with networking.

Discus and support Window 10 in an outdated laptop having trouble with networking. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My aunt's laptop having problems with it's networking. Browsers are capable of connecting to internet, however, other apps won't. Even visual studio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TrinityZeros, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Window 10 in an outdated laptop having trouble with networking.

My aunt's laptop having problems with it's networking. Browsers are capable of connecting to internet, however, other apps won't. Even visual studio code market place can't connect to the network. Windows 10 upgrade tools and patch also not working. LOL and other steam games won't detect any download sources. The window 10 on this laptop is very outdated and cannot connect to window update. Having corrupted files and cannot recovery. Wifi are receiving a lot of error and packet loss.

The laptop also have an kaspersky end point that can't be uninstall and having all function disabled.

:)

TrinityZeros, Nov 10, 2019
  2. t_ski Win User

Having some trouble with networking - advice needed

Yes, I did reset the router (several times actually). As for wires, the main PC connects to the internet through the DSL modem/router just fine, so the cable should not be faulty. As for the laptop, its connection is wireless, so there are no wires to check *Slap :slap:

However, your suggestion did give me an idea. I connected the laptop to the switch directly with a cable, and disabled the wireless connection. I'm getting an error that says "network is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network source... (yada-yada-yada)... The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

@ wiak - I have McAfee's firewall on the laptop, the same as it always was. I had it on the PC, too, but the subscription for the Internet Security Suite expired, so I uninstalled it, set up XP's standard firewall on the PC, and have installed Avast for anti-virus. I can try XP's firewall on the laptop, too.

t_ski, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Gino Des Win User

Window 10 in an outdated laptop having trouble with networking.

network connection Windows 10

Hi Kamile,

Let's get your laptop connected. A few possible reasons can be the cause of this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router in the available wireless networks list on your laptop?
    • Do you receive any error messages when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Are you connected to the router but experience no Internet connectivity?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can also cause connection problems. Driver updates for Windows 10 and many devices (such as network adapters) are automatically downloaded and installed through Windows Update. While it's likely you already
    have the most recent driver, if you're having trouble with a device, you can try fixing it by

updating the driver or reinstalling it

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 in an outdated laptop having trouble with networking.

1. Window 10 in an outdated laptop having trouble with networking. - Similar Threads - Window outdated laptop

2. Desktop and laptop have trouble sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and laptop have trouble sleeping: I have a custom-built desktop PC that runs Windows 10 and it won't go to sleep consistently. Namely, when I click Sleep from the start menu, it'll go to sleep, then wake up 5 seconds later. Sending it to sleep the second time keeps it asleep. What's frustrating is, it'll...
  3. Windows 10 Laptop having trouble opening Google Chrome

Windows 10 Laptop having trouble opening Google Chrome: I use a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 and when I try to open Google Chrome it just won’t open lol! I have restarted my laptop, checked task manager to see if Google Chrome was a running task (it was not), and uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Despite doing all this Chrome...
  4. Having trouble with my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble with my laptop: My old laptop that I bought about 5 years ago is really acting up on me. Sometimes it will bootup to Windows and about half the time after the bios loads up it freezes up on my and I'm getting stuck at a blank screen with a curser at the top left of the screen. My laptop...
  5. Network Troubles

Network Troubles: Ahoy, we recently moved states and I’m finally setting up my PC again. Everything is set up and my machine is up and running. The only problem is my wifi always comes up as “No Internet, Secured”. I have tried all the stuff on YouTube and reset winsock and reset the drivers...
  6. Anyone suddenly having trouble with their Windows 10 laptops?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anyone suddenly having trouble with their Windows 10 laptops?: Hi all! So I'm pretty frustrated right now as I've spent several days searching for a fix for my problem. In the last 3 days my HP laptop with Windows 10, v1909 8 gb RAM has suddenly slowed down VERY drastically. The problem literally started overnight. It was slow to the...
  7. Having trouble installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble installing Windows 10: I have been trying to install Windows 10 the inactivated version with a USB boot drive. Before it has presented an error message at 0%, but this time it let me get to about 80% took about 24 hours on the 2nd stage creating installation files and then I check and get the same...
  8. having trouble activating windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    having trouble activating windows 10: hey guys can anyone help me, im trying to activate my windows 10 enterprise edition but i keep getting the null error code 0x80004005 i have no idea what to do. thanks in advance...
  9. Having trouble with network printers suddenly disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble with network printers suddenly disconnecting.: I work for a small business that has 6 printers connected to our network, 2 are connected directly into the network while the other 4 are connected by USB and shared to the network by the computer they are plugged into. I am the unofficial tech expert of my business, and have...
  10. Having trouble Activating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having trouble Activating Windows 10: Hi i upgraded a few components of my PC, one them being the hard drive so i had to reinstall windows, i originally had windows 7 and got the free windows 10 upgraded however after installing the new components and windows 10 again it will not active my windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is window 10 outdated?