Windows 10: Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting

Discus and support Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is very weird, I just bought a brand new Alienware 17R4 3 days ago. After several window updates, face recognition is not working anymore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LAPNGUYEN88, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting

This is very weird,

I just bought a brand new Alienware 17R4 3 days ago. After several window updates, face recognition is not working anymore (worked perfectly at first).

I read the instruction which lead me to reset my computer to factory setting. However, after 10 hrs ( i let the machine run over night), the laptop stuck at "84% of getting a few thing ready".

Please help me.

Thank you very much

:)

LAPNGUYEN88, Jan 29, 2019

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Reset to factory settings

No I love Windows 10.....but my computer was acting strange so I thought I would do a factory reset and put Windows 10 back onto my computer.

If I do create a bootable Windows 10 would I lose the recover drive information that comes with the computer?

Could you give me the steps to create a bootable of Windows 10.....I asked HP if there was anyway I could get Windows 10 put on it while they had it and they said no.

Thank you.

jeanniespc, Jan 29, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting

1. Window 10 is not updated and cant reset to factory setting - Similar Threads - Window updated cant

2. Reset to factory settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset to factory settings.: Hi I ran into a problem yesterday I reset my laptop back to factory settings as it was going through the setup process it came to a screen and asked me to enter a email address that I do not have or have never used now I can't proceed any further and stuck at this screen if...
  3. I cant factory reset or update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant factory reset or update to windows 11: Hey,I have a huge problem. It started when windows 11 launched and i tries to update. After around 50% my screen turned black and then it restarted and was back to windows 10. i tried lots of things but it did not work.So now im going to buy a new pc. I tried to factory reset...
  4. I cant factory reset or update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant factory reset or update to windows 11: Hey,I have a huge problem. It started when windows 11 launched and i tries to update. After around 50% my screen turned black and then it restarted and was back to windows 10. i tried lots of things but it did not work.So now im going to buy a new pc. I tried to factory reset...
  5. I cant factory reset or update to windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cant access settings, update Nvidea geforce or factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant access settings, update Nvidea geforce or factory reset: Hey so I can access my settings or display settings on windows,however I can access the store and use the pc just fine. However I cang access settings as it instantly closes down,powershell does the same. So does display settings. I tried to update my pc to the newest update...
  7. Windows 10 PC cant factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC cant factory reset.: My windows 10 PC will get to 65% every time I attempt to reformat/wipe my PC then will say 'there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.' and take me back to my normal desktop. Any way I can fix this? specs on the off chance it helps: GTX 1070 I7 7700 @...
  8. Windows 10 Update factory reset my computer settings

Windows 10 Update factory reset my computer settings: I received my laptop from Acer in which they fixed a boot loop issue with my laptop. I logged it in and was happy to see all of my settings and everything were all in tact. I used my laptop for about a day or 2 and I got a notification about a windows update. I did the update...
  9. reset to factory settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to factory settings: I'm attempting to reset my laptop (Lenova Thinkpad) to factory settings. I've gone through the Widows prompts and instructions to rest but keep getting an error that "something went wrong" and my computer/ windows can not reset- Any help? Thanks...
  10. Reset to factory settings

Reset to factory settings: Hi,. I have an HP Envy Phoenix with 1 Tb hard drive....64 bit. It was originally a Windows 7 computer that I upgraded to Windows 10. I decided to do a factory reset and set it to start Friday night andwhenI looked at it Saturday it was still going.....12 hours. I restarted...