Windows 10: Window 10 keeps changing window sizes

Discus and support Window 10 keeps changing window sizes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As I always like to work with 2 screens I adjust both my 'windows' to 50%. For example: Firefox on the left, and some (random) folder on my computer on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pepsiminus, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Window 10 keeps changing window sizes

As I always like to work with 2 screens I adjust both my 'windows' to 50%.
    For example: Firefox on the left, and some (random) folder on my computer on the right.

Window 10 keeps changing window sizes [​IMG]

I know that I can drag the windows to the left/right to auto adjust it but that doesn't cut it for me.
    I constantly have to re-adjust it manually.

Now everytime I am not active on the computer windows 10 keeps scaling the windows down to a smaller size:

Window 10 keeps changing window sizes [​IMG]

and it really starts to annoy me that I both have to re-scale the window sizes and to hear that annoying sound everytime it happens.
    Is there a way I can disable this auto-scaling from the different 'windows'?

(ps. I'm aware of the similar other topic about it, Window keeps changing sizes. but that didn't help me, at all)

Thanks in advance.

:)

Pepsiminus, Apr 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Window 10 keeps changing window sizes

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 keeps changing window sizes

1. Window 10 keeps changing window sizes - Similar Threads - Window keeps changing

2. Notepad window size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...
  3. Notepad window size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad window size keeps changing: When I open a new page in Notepad, it almost never opens in the same size. One time it might be 5" by 5". The next time, it might be 1" by 1". Is there a way to always have it open at the same size?...
  4. Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Active window keeps changing automatically or changing size automatically: Hi, I have noticed recently that my screens are changing by themselves and I have no idea what is going on! I have noticed 2 separate things: 1. Whatever programs I have open they will automatically re size. I will maximise outlook for example to it takes up the whole...
  5. Windows change sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows change sizes: Hi,My desktop is a laptop with an external monitor, works quite well. My problem, if you can call it that, is when I'm done for the day, I clear the desktop (Flag+D) then put the computer to sleep. When I awake the computer, all of the open programs have reverted to the size...
  6. Everything keeps changing size

in Windows 10 Support
    Everything keeps changing size: Windows 10 version 1903 Everything keeps changing size. It seems to be something I'm doing with my touch pad but I can't figure out. There doesn't seem to be a particular part of the screen I have to hit. One minute the icons will fill half the screen and then they are so...
  7. change size of letters in windows 10

change size of letters in windows 10: the letters on my desktop are to small I have windows 10 how do I make them larger https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-size-of-letters-in-windows-10/8fdeed6c-b179-496c-b2b5-b5b88fbea22f
  8. Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size

Windows 10 Keep Changing Icons Size: Hey all. I'm using windows 10 x64 pro. Whenever i opened my game folder some games icon keep resized. I want all of them big. And all of them have a big icon picture. So this not about small picture. When i opened folder first time everything works fine. All icons size...
  9. Window keeps changing sizes.

in Windows 10 Support
    Window keeps changing sizes.: After I upgraded from 7 to 10 I noticed my browser window wouldn't stay at the size I scaled it to on my main monitor when I dragged and dropped a new tab from my other monitor. Also it keeps dropping it a few pixels away from the left edge. Here's a screenshot. [img]...
  10. Change Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size in Windows 10 Starting with Windows 10 build 17692, the ability to increase text size across the system is back and better than ever. You can use a new setting called Make everything bigger with a slider...