Windows 10: Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle

Discus and support Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello I'm having an issue with my laptop always being in an update cycle. Its been like this for the last 2.5 weeks now and I don't know what to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CrispianAnyster1, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle

Hello

I'm having an issue with my laptop always being in an update cycle. Its been like this for the last 2.5 weeks now and I don't know what to do to fix it. It keeps saying that "My device needs to restart to install updates" and every single night when I switch off my laptop, this thing updates and the next day I see the same thing.

This was after I had a previous issue with an update that did not install completely. The PC kept on slowing down and not processing anything at all.

I need some help to get this fixed please.

Thanks

:)

CrispianAnyster1, Sep 19, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 19, 2020
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Sep 19, 2020
  4. Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle

Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle

1. Window 10 laptop PC in a constant update cycle - Similar Threads - Window laptop constant

2. Update came out for windows 10 and now boot cycles pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update came out for windows 10 and now boot cycles pc: Update came out for windows 10 and well installing restarts and now boot cycles pc after failing to install until ROG launch motherboard window goes into "attempting automatic repairs" and then boots to "windows could not complete the updates" undoing changes Please help as i...
  3. Update came out for windows 10 and now boot cycles pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update came out for windows 10 and now boot cycles pc: Update came out for windows 10 and well installing restarts and now boot cycles pc after failing to install until ROG launch motherboard window goes into "attempting automatic repairs" and then boots to "windows could not complete the updates" undoing changes Please help as i...
  4. Update came out for windows 10 and now boot cycles pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My laptop is in a continuous cycle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is in a continuous cycle: As i tried to factory reset my laptop, it shut off on accident. Now every time i try to start up my laptop the laptop gives the maessage: ''This computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click...
  6. Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on the reboot cycle on a Windows 10 laptop: After updating by restarting my device, everything seemed to be going fine. But, after hitting a certain point on startup and answering the time, date, and language questions, I get a warning message Saying to connect my PC, connect to WiFi, etc., which I do, but, when I...
  7. Windows 10 update endless boot cycle

Windows 10 update endless boot cycle: After a Windows update, my computer is in endless boot cycle. "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC." In trying a system restore, I am unable to select the only disk that appears C:, so I cannot proceed....
  8. constant cycling in a loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    constant cycling in a loop: When I am in a web site and try to open another sub page my computer just cycles and never opens. Why and how do I get past this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/constant-cycling-in-a-loop/1965ef10-5151-4dd3-bebd-40b803de262d
  9. Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle

Windows 10 update stuck in reboot cycle: After installing a windows 10 update, it froze at 100% and I decided that it wasn't ever going to unfreeze so I turned it off. After that it tried to undo the changes from the update but whenever it gets past the post screen, it flashes "Undoing changes made to your PC" and...
  10. Laptop I constantly update WINDOWS?

Laptop I constantly update WINDOWS?: hello i'm HIS I want to help my laptop Why is always updating window version continuously and takes a long time Is there a way to turn off or refuse to update? I use windows 10 ***Moved from: Other Windows mobile devices / Software update / Windows 10 Mobile.***...