Windows 10: Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password

Discus and support Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Issue occurs on the login/lock screen, after booting or waking my Win 10 PC. On the login screen, after inserting the correct password, 60% of the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Florish JJ, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password

Issue occurs on the login/lock screen, after booting or waking my Win 10 PC.

On the login screen, after inserting the correct password, 60% of the time I will get the following message:

"You can't sign in to your devices right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the problem, or try the last password you used on this device."

After 2-4 attempts of the same correct password, which are rejected with the "You can't sign in..." message, Windows will finally accept the correct password.

As noted, this only occurs 60% of the time when attempting to first log in. The other 40% of the time, I won't encounter the message. Lock screen shows no network connection problems.

I do not have similar problems, with same Microsoft account/user, across other Win 10 devices. I don't see any action items on account.live.com that could resolve or relate to this.

:)

Florish JJ, Jan 16, 2019

2. Can't login to my Windows 10 computer - incorrect password is correct.

Carolyn H Worsham, Jan 16, 2019
  3. HK1000 Win User
    Window 10 disable lock/login screen

Hi,

I want to disable windows 10 lock/login screen. I have followed the steps by using netplwiz but it doesn't work:

How To Disable Login Screen In Windows 10

The above steps doesn't work I still see login/lock screen after restarting my system. I need to everytime enter my live password to login. I want to disable this. How ???

Thank you.

HK1000, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password

1. Window 10 Lock/Login Screen Uniquely/Randomly Rejects Correct Password - Similar Threads - Window Lock Login

2. unique login issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unique login issue: As it's impossible to get a real person in chat or on the phone from Microsoft and as my issue is very unique and doesn't fit into any of Microsoft's guided help topics, I'm hoping someone hear can assist.Several years ago, my actual Microsoft account was hacked resulting...
  3. unique login issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unique login issue: As it's impossible to get a real person in chat or on the phone from Microsoft and as my issue is very unique and doesn't fit into any of Microsoft's guided help topics, I'm hoping someone hear can assist.Several years ago, my actual Microsoft account was hacked resulting...
  4. My correct pin and password are both being rejected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My correct pin and password are both being rejected.: When i try to sign in to my local and only account on my lenovo thinkpad it does not accept my correct pin, or password. Nothing was changed by me and nobody had access to it. it makes no sense. After using it one afternoon, i sat it down, it went to sleep. That night when i...
  5. My correct pin and password are both being rejected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My correct pin and password are both being rejected.: When i try to sign in to my local and only account on my lenovo thinkpad it does not accept my correct pin, or password. Nothing was changed by me and nobody had access to it. it makes no sense. After using it one afternoon, i sat it down, it went to sleep. That night when i...
  6. Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows returns to lock screen after login / entering correct pin or password: As simple as I said it in title, this problem literally locks you out of your user account and won't let you in. It as the same as this discussion that they've solved in multiple methods; Windows lock screen after login BUT ; I have found a better solution Their...
  7. Can't login in windows with correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login in windows with correct password: Have tried everything, Shift + restart safe mode. Recovery and others ask for admin access , then tried to alow admin access with comand promt which doesn't work! Teling me again "You need to sign in as administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts...
  8. unable to login with correct password windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to login with correct password windows 10: Hi, Recently I bought lenovo IdeaPad 330S model. regularly updating the Microsoft software. After one of update, my login password not working, page stuck in aeroplane mode. Safe mode login tried several times, not useful. If I go to uninstall or restore or command prompt...
  9. Locked out of Win 10 by password reject

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of Win 10 by password reject: I did not change my password. I tried to go to safe mode to fix a problem. Now it won't accept my password and I am locked out because I cannot get into safe mode and it won't let me go back to regular mode. What might cause this, and what can I do about it so I can get...
  10. Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to Windows 10 with correct password: I can't remember fully now but I was having a problem with setting up a schedule in Macrium Reflect, it kept failing to accept my Win 10 password. I went to 'netplwiz' thinking I could just login without a password but then after I rebooted I could only get to the win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Login/Lock Screen shows a Blurry Image of Background

2. Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903): Login/Lock Screen shows a Blurry Image of Background