Windows 10: Window 10 Mail deleting from the server

Discus and support Window 10 Mail deleting from the server in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have just recently started using Windows 10 mail. I would like to be able to delete and put emails into folders without disturbing any emails... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Glenda58, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Glenda58 Win User

Window 10 Mail deleting from the server

Hi,

I have just recently started using Windows 10 mail. I would like to be able to delete and put emails into folders without disturbing any emails on the actual server. I want the server to remain intact so others can read things of interest to them. Is this possible in Windows Mail. I was using Outlook in the past and I could set this up to my requirements without changing anything on the server. Many thanks

:)

Glenda58, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Dec 15, 2018
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 15, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Mail App Deleting Problem

Hi, I don't use Mail having given up on MS clients when MS played 'now you have one, now you don't' after Outlook Express disappeared.

Research on this suggests others came to this conclusion:

Mail app does not delete from server - Microsoft Community
    windows 10 mail - delete email from server - Microsoft Community
    Windows 10 Mail not deleting gmail emails from server - Microsoft Community
    windows 10 mail seems to be deleting mail from the server - Microsoft Community

Others who use this may have found a solution.

dalchina, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Window 10 Mail deleting from the server - Similar Threads - Window Mail deleting

2. Windows 10 Mail and email servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mail and email servers: Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from...
  3. Windows 10 Mail and email servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail and email servers: Windows 10 Mail does not have an option to delete emails off the server when it downloads them to the app. This leads to messages from the webmail host regarding quotas and the only resolution is to log on to the server and delete emails, which then deletes those emails from...
  4. Deleting multiple e- mails from Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting multiple e- mails from Windows Mail: Since I've moved to Windows 10 edge, and had to go onto Windows mail, I've discovered I can no longer delete a lot of e mails in one go. I used to be able to do this when I was on Windows live mail. It's very useful as I get lots of notifications in one day from a facebook...
  5. Windows 10 mail fix for AOL mail server

Windows 10 mail fix for AOL mail server: I found the fix for me so my Windows 10 mail app would sync with AOL mail. Go to your AOL mail. Go to Options - Account Information - Account Security - Generate App Password. I had to manually put Windows 10 mail in the app name space. AOL will generate the password to use...
  6. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?: Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone...
  7. Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Delete Mail from server after showing in Mail.: When I had Windows Live Mail you had an option to select remove from server after viewing/reading. Where is this option in Windows 10 Mail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-mail-from-server-after-showing-in-mail/edd41c16-1797-4956-b3a0-1e5aed2c5508
  8. deleting e mails window 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    deleting e mails window 10 mail: deleted e mails reappear on restarting . Also cannot delete certain e mails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/deleting-e-mails-window-10-mail/785797b3-9326-491b-a590-bb80617557cd
  9. Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Mail not connecting to server: I had no problems until I had help from Microsoft advisor. Deleted my account and then re-installed, since then no mail?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-mail-not-connecting-to-server/7031f956-6a48-4b18-a156-9822e3800fc2
  10. Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Delete Account From Windows 10 Mail: Hi, I added an account to the mail app in windows 10 and there is no way to remove it only to add more. To my shock and horror Windows 10 then removed my computer password and nickname and replaced it with my full name and changed my main pc password. (how dare you?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail not deleting from server